Load distribution of rotating body

Hi everyone,

I'm working on load distribution of what to be put on a platform.
The platform will be rotated by the wheels placed at the circumference of the platform.
The load that need to be put is the optical components which have mass of 1 ton which will cover 8 m x 8 m area and thermal components with mass of 1.5 tons which will have an area of 1 m x 1 m area. The platform has an area of 10 m x 10 m. For load balancing, i think dummy load should be placed to make sure load distribution on the wheels is balanced. Does anyone know how is the right way to go about to place the dummy load?

Thank you in advance

Replies

• Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    Can you attach a simple diagram & loading pattern / direction? It will be helpful to comment anything

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Big_K, I was just thinking,why not add a sticky in each forum,which contains the best threads of that particular forum,this will help others to find best threads and also...
Design an manufacturing is an important topic for every mechanical engineering student. Lecture Series on "Design and Manufacturing" Design Of Machine Elements-I by Prof. B Maiti, Department of Mechanical Engineering,IIT...
The concept of Design For Strength - Explained. Lecture Series on Design Of Machine Elements-I by Prof. B Maiti, Department of Mechanical Engineering,IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask questions and...
I stumbled upon a photo of proposed Infosys campus in Kuwait and it looks like this - ...can someone from Infosys confirm this? I bet it's going to consume half...
Source::Education Times,The Times Of India