Load Distribution from slab to surrounding beam in the case of STONE SLAB

As per IS 456 2000, fig 7, we get the slab load that is distributed to the surrounding beam.. In case if the whole structure is made entirely using stone (granite.. like in the hindu temples) , how can I assume the slab load distribution to the surrounding beams ??

Replies

• anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Sorry Guru. Can you be more elaborate? And IS 456 is used for concrete structures. Please see this post that you have made earlier #-Link-Snipped-#. Please post the answer if you come to know.
  • J. Guru Prasanna
    J. Guru Prasanna
    anuraadha
    Sorry Guru. Can you be more elaborate? And IS 456 is used for concrete structures. Please see this post that you have made earlier #-Link-Snipped-#. Please post the answer if you come to know.
    I'd like to know if i can use the same load distribution (as in concrete structures IS 456) .. to the granite structure ?? is it safe to make that assumption?
  • mahesh vinnakota
    mahesh vinnakota
    it is for rectangular slabs
    wat abot irregualar shapes like hexagon ,pentagon,circular?
  • mahesh vinnakota
    mahesh vinnakota
    it is for rectangular slabs
    wat abot irregualar shapes like hexagon ,pentagon,circular?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Found the following picture on the Internet and thought of sharing here. Let's play the 'first thought' game. Tell me the first thought that comes to your mind after looking...
hi,I am deepali. I studied in Moze college of engineering .Electronics and telecommunication branch.I am 3rd year student.I want information about projects and what can i do after BE.
A National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration/NASA satellite has captured (literally scintillating) night time images of the earth as seen from their SUOMI weather satellite. It is interesting to see that...
why there are no induced harmonics in a slip ring rotor????
This term comes into usage whenever an electric motor or generator has to overhauled (dismantled and re-assembled). now what exactly does this mean ? i have heard that, the machine...