Load distribution between slab and beams & in what proportion?

hey guys, plz let me get out of the confusion,
how the load is distributed from slabs to beam and in what proportions???????

for the right block of the building in the plan

Replies

• hareesh ce
    hareesh ce
    hareesh ce
    hey guys, plz let me get out of the confusion,
    how the load is distributed from slabs to beam and in what proportions???????

for the right block of the building in the plan
    plz plz gve me solution as soon as possible
  • Infinity
    Infinity
    Didn't get your question. Please clear these things:
    1. what does CR means.
    2. By Load distribution you want to know what load each part of beam will bear?
  • hareesh ce
    hareesh ce
    Infinity
    Didn't get your question. Please clear these things:
    1. what does CR means.
    2. By Load distribution you want to know what load each part of beam will bear?
    CR is Class Room, its a school building.
    yeah i want to know how the load is distributed for extrnl and internal beams
  • Infinity
    Infinity
    Thanks for the clarification. As far as i can see, all these slabs are spanning in one direction only. And IS 456: 2000 specifies load distribution only for slabs spanning in 2 directions at right angle. I think you can apply that in this case as well (not a big issue). It will depend on the side lengths but as per the figure I think all 4 sides of class room are almost equal. so load distribution will be same else if sides are unequal follow fig7 in IS code at page 41. you will have to draw lines at 45 degree and accordingly distribute the load. I hope this helps.
  • hareesh ce
    hareesh ce
    Infinity
    Thanks for the clarification. As far as i can see, all these slabs are spanning in one direction only. And IS 456: 2000 specifies load distribution only for slabs spanning in 2 directions at right angle. I think you can apply that in this case as well (not a big issue). It will depend on the side lengths but as per the figure I think all 4 sides of class room are almost equal. so load distribution will be same else if sides are unequal follow fig7 in IS code at page 41. you will have to draw lines at 45 degree and accordingly distribute the load. I hope this helps.
    thanku very much boss
    had a gr8 & valuable information.... thnku so much 😀
  • Infinity
    Infinity
    hareesh ce
    thanku very much boss
    had a gr8 & valuable information.... thnku so much 😀
    You are welcome 😀 BTW I have just given an approach to proceed but if you are constructing this building then proper structural design is must for which you can use some software like STAAD.Pro/SAP/ETABS etc.
  • Souravd
    Souravd
    Infinity
    You are welcome 😀 BTW I have just given an approach to proceed but if you are constructing this building then proper structural design is must for which you can use some software like STAAD.Pro/SAP/ETABS etc.
    I completely agree with you. Design will be much more viable if you use the design software.
  • rekcah
    rekcah
    just download ACI-318 in CHAPTER 13—TWO-WAY SLAB SYSTEMS, it explain how the loads distributed from the slabs to the beam
  • ajay kudekar
    ajay kudekar
    what is coupler in TOS? hou to clearify?
    pleaseeeeee clear it.........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am working on a project involving TDR. I have to simply observe that the pulse is being reflected and from the time difference have to calculate the length of...
hello everyone, I am using MATLAB 7 Neural Networks toolbox. I am trying to execute the code. But getting errors that i could not resolve. the errors are: ??? Error...
IES notification is out, and the details are available at upsc.gov.in. Here is the syllabus for Electrical Engineering! ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (For both objective and conventional types papers) PAPER - I...
Anybody have idea that can we see our colleague activities using wireshark....Any idea from people using wireshark
When I first heard about it I felt what is so great about spending hours browsing other people’s images? But, here's an answer. Mashable published an Infographic - Do any...