LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY OF INDIAN STANDARD STEEL ANGLE

Would you mind if I want to know the compression and tensile load carrying capacity of ISA 25 X 25 X 3 MM,having 01 metre of length.

Replies

• Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Sumukh Madgaonkar
    PRAD CHAKRABORTY
    Would you mind if I want to know the compression and tensile load carrying capacity of ISA 25 X 25 X 3 MM,having 01 metre of length.
    Roughly 10kN compressive & 30kn tensile for standard Fe250 grade.
    May change depending on the end conditions and connection.
  • PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    Sumukhm39
    Roughly 10kN compressive & 30kn tensile for standard Fe250 grade.
    May change depending on the end conditions and connection.
    thanks a lot for this valuable information
  • Mohan Chidambaram
    Mohan Chidambaram

i want table showing load bearing capacity of MS, Steel, Aluminium for use in solar panel mounting structure.  cmohana@yahoo.com

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

That is an open question. Too many variables. Basic strength of materials are freely available in various handbooks and engineering sites on the net.

Unless the solar panel structure (including weight) is known along with expected wind loads, it would be difficult to design the support structure. Another factor that should be kept in mind is the expansion and contraction of the whole set up caused by the heating and cooling of the whole system because of diurnal variations of temperatures between day and night.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The folks who gave us the Mario haven't had much success with gaming consoles. But I think the company knows games and what gamers want. Their latest offering, the Nintendo...
Reliance retail has launched special edition LYF F1 as company’s very own 4G VoLTE compatible device. Keeping in mind the launch of its recent Jio 4G service, LYF F1 comes...
We prepared a list of 31 mind and fun game ideas for your technical fest in college. These ideas are fun and enjoyable for everyone.
Imagine a James Bond movie where the robbers are breaking into a super secure bank vault using the 3D replica of a human hand that has the exact fingerprints as...
Just found this pretty cool gif that explains it perfectly. What do you think? Any experiences to share? This definitely holds true when you're coding! 😁