List Out Business Of Farming Industries

Today I went to an interview where I got to know that there are many agricultural based enterprises. It made me wonder how can someone turn out agriculture into a corporate industry? What is their basic strategy?

Can we share some information about them? Feel free to have your say.

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    1. FDI in retail sector and direct selling of grains
    2. Agricultural product for Spices: like MDH
    3. Companies with Europe vegetables
    4. Can Food
    5. Alcohol and Sugar
    6. Branded Basmati rice
    7. Edible Oil

Knowledge is scattered. You need indexing my friend!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Thankyou sir,

Opening a food retail chain with FDI is quite difficult for me. Even a sugar/ Alcohol industry is an expensive affair.

However I checked about Amira Foods The had started a way back in 1915 and are a leading rice brand. It is probably difficult to summarize their business however, they just do three things Rice, Rice and only Rice.

But the concept is good, do farming and sell your goods directly in retail market. I remember that you mentioned about Reliance industries purchasing grains directly from Farmers I am also searching for that.

Speaking of another company with the same trade 'Branded Basmati' according to them the branded Basmati industry is growing at a rate of 20% per year. However it accounts for only 600-700 crores in Indian perspective. a figure of 600 crores is a huge money for a newcomer however the industry is really small and can offer a small player a good opportunity.

And yes sir. Knowledge is scattered. My present knowledge of agriculture is ZERO. Hence would be updating it in this thread with the help of good people like you.

I hope it becomes more technical as the time advances.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Centre for Indian Knowledge Systems at Chennai has a lot of information on various aspects of sustainable agriculture. They also have a large number of publications covering organic farming, biopesticides, biofertilizers and more.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On the name plate of a 2.7 MW Alternator it read that " In case of Vaccum Circuit breaker use surge protective equipment" . So we are using Surge Capacitors.....
Friends, can we share some information about common crops of a specific region, their season and other requirements here? Let us make it a point to post about them here...
[TABLE="class: threads"] [TR="class: r1"] [/TR] [TR="class: r1"] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] I'm trying to model the cross aisle direction of a steel selective rack for model analysis. The rack is simply...
Nextreme Thermal Solutions - Thermobility WPG-1 Wireless Power Generator Description
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/magazine/bulb-in-bulb-out.html?_r=1