List Of Free & Commercial Software Used By Civil & Structural Engineers

CEans,

Let's compile a list of all the various software used by Civil & Structural engineers. If you're providing link to the commercial software, please make sure that you're pointing to the legal or official download site. Any link pointing to the 'warez' site will be quickly removed and pose a risk of permanent ban on your account.

AutoCAD By Autodesk: #-Link-Snipped-#

AutoCAD Civil 3D: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

Let's compile a list of all the various software used by Civil & Structural engineers. If you're providing link to the commercial software, please make sure that you're pointing to the legal or official download site. Any link pointing to the 'warez' site will be quickly removed and pose a risk of permanent ban on your account.

AutoCAD By Autodesk: #-Link-Snipped-#

AutoCAD Civil 3D: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Student must register their names and get their activation key
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • prachicivil
    prachicivil
    rkvasan68
    Student must register their names and get their activation key
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    plz suggest me site for free download of autocad
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    prachicivil
    plz suggest me site for free download of autocad
    Unfortunately, we do not encourage illegal activities here on CE 😀.
  • Evo Design
    Evo Design
    Lately all services and software are tending to go online. Don't you think that structural engineering calculations will go in the same direction? Using this web site you can access your calculation from practically everywhere, there is no need to install anything: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Alex_Alex
    Alex_Alex
    MeteorSpec. AutoCAD® plugin for calculating total lengths and areas of polylines.

MeteorSpec is a multi-purpose tool, so it can be configured to use in any field of design where calculation of total lengths and total areas is needed. These can be various pipes, cables and overhead lines, coverings, pavements, fences, curbs, communication lines etc.

The main feature of this plugin is that you can assign data to polylines, that you want to calculate.

Program has an editable Data Library, which means that you can always have a set of objects that you need for your work.

MeteorSpec can generate reports as specifications (summarized lengths and areas per object type) or as explications (list of all objects with detailed information). Report can be inserted in current drawing as text table or AutoCAD table, or optionally can be saved as external text file.

MeteorSpec exists in two versions (free and paid) and both of them are available to download from Autodesk Exchange Apps. #-Link-Snipped-#

Program website #-Link-Snipped-#

Best regards
  • Civil_RFEM
    Civil_RFEM
    RFEM - FEM Structural Analysis Software

The finite element analysis program RFEM is a powerful software for quick and easy modeling, structural analysis and design of 2D and 3D models consisting of member, plate, wall, folded plate, shell, solid, and contact elements.
    Due to the modular software concept, you can connect the main program RFEM with the corresponding add‑on modules in order to meet your individual requirements.

Tools already included in the main program:
    • Wind and snow load generators
    • Automatic generation of load case combinations
    • Cables
    • Solid elements
    • 11 languages for GUI and 12 languages for printout report
    • Interfaces for data exchange with common programs and in many different formats (for example IFC, DXF, Revit, Tekla, Product Interface Steel Construction PSS, and many others)
    TRIAL version with all features available for evaluation (30 days)
    Free student license for educational purposes.
    Network license for Universities and educational institutions.

Webapge: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Program webpage: RFEM 6 | FEA Software | Dlubal Software

• Andy B
    Andy B
    Software i used are,
    AutoCad
    Microstation
    Geopak
    Tekla
    Mat3D/Foundation 3D
    Staad Pro

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Let's face it - we engineers love to play computer games and the perpetual question that haunts each one of us is the best possible computer that can be built...
is it possible to link matlab and visual studio 2008?...i heard matlab itself has front end(GUI) but i have one module written in C# in visual studio and i wanna...
As the cursor moves over each entity it is identified. Click on the entity and you are taken to an article on that. https://cliptank.com/PeopleofInfluencePainting.htm
How to find the following impedance/admittance matrix? Find the impedance matrix (Z matrix) for (a) and (b) Find admittance matrix (Y matrix) for (a) and (b) Find the impedance matrix...
hai ceans and my friends.... In my department ece,there is a function conducted for our college students only.i am studying second year and i felt to give a ppt,foe which...