List of CE Projects

Crazy Engineers Project List โ€‹

Here's a list of all CE projects that we have discussed and undertaking. To contribute and participate, click on the project title!

Active projects

#-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#(NEW!)- A messaging client. Status: Learning developer tools

#-Link-Snipped-# (NEW!) -An awesome firefox plugin powered by CE. Status: Active discussions

#-Link-Snipped-# (NEW!) - A modification of an existing distro, for engineering purposes. Status: Initial discussions

#-Link-Snipped-# - Engineering sustainable and environmental way of life Status: Active discussions

#-Link-Snipped-# - Semi autonomous rover, collects data. Status: On temporary hold

Passive projects

#-Link-Snipped-#- A special type of alarm clock to silently wake people up! ๐Ÿ˜€ Status: Closed

#-Link-Snipped-#- A robotic mechanism to assist humans in their daily activities Status: Stagnant

#-Link-Snipped-#- Guide for new CEans ๐Ÿ˜€ Status: Stagnant

#-Link-Snipped-# - The one and only template you'll ever need Status: Some discussions

#-Link-Snipped-#- A cheap but effective means to move heavy loads, useful for developing countries Status: Stagnant

#-Link-Snipped-# - Worlds Widest Web Page! Status: Stagnant

#-Link-Snipped-# (OLD PROJECT)- We managed to have good progress in this one! Click #-Link-Snipped-# for the code. Status: Stagnant, but 1st version is complete

Non technical projects

#-Link-Snipped-#- Our very own engineering song! Click to contribute lyrics and tunes ๐Ÿ˜€ Progress: Compiling music!

Still in the works

CE Toolbar. I think we had a discussion on this in relation with the CE Plugin.

CE Browser. Big K has mentioned this once.. which I think follows naturally if we manage to successfully complete the above projects.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I notice that theres lesser activity regarding CEan collaborated projects. This might be because the threads are sorta scattered around and new members might not notice them. I have a small suggestion in that we can list all CE projects that we planned (or briefly mentioned) to do in one thread and sticky it, so its visible all the time. Big K, im sure you have a solution planned, but I'll just contribute a bit here ๐Ÿ˜‰

CE Messenger. Probably the more mature of all our projects in terms of the length of discussions. Check #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# to check it out and contribute.

CE IE/Firefox plugin. We managed to have good progress in this one!
    Check it out #-Link-Snipped-#.

CE Toolbar. I think we had a discussion on this in relation with the CE Plugin.

CE Browser. Big K has mentioned this once.. which I think follows naturally if we manage to sucessfully complete the above projects, haha.

CE Robot. Just mentioned recently, hopefully we can start a thread on this soon.

There might be more, but I cant remember at the moment!
    We were very small when we started discussing about CE Projects. Now that we are bigger in numbers, I think we can start with a 'small' project (let's say a plugin or something).
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yep, and we can also simulateously run another small project with it so many CEans can get involved ๐Ÿ˜€ I really think we should resurrect the CE Messenger again.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Yep, and we can also simulateously run another small project with it so many CEans can get involved ๐Ÿ˜€ I really think we should resurrect the CE Messenger again.
    I'd say we should work on the project WWWP - Look here - #-Link-Snipped-#

There are couple of reasons I think we should 'start' with this project -
    1. We'll need 1-2 CEans who'll build up a system that will dynamically update the width of our page. Not a big task for CEans. Can be easily implemented.
    2. Sense of participation - we all will participate in making it the world's widest web page.
    3. Sense of achievement : We'll be doing something that has not been done before ๐Ÿ˜ and it will also help us gaining some popularity.
    What do you say? Am I 'crazy' enough?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Interesting ๐Ÿ˜› What kind of "content" would we put to make it wide? Im guessing if we had a "game" like the word games we have and link the answers together.. or something like that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a good question. But I'm not sure how many of you like the idea of creating world's widest web page ๐Ÿ˜

We can use anything to widen our web page. Any random ideas?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Maybe members can submit their photos? Perhaps of their university, workplace, city, car, pets etc. Or even photoshopped stuff. In general, user generated stuff if possible. We can make a photo wall!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Maybe members can submit their photos? Perhaps of their university, workplace, city, car, pets etc. Or even photoshopped stuff. In general, user generated stuff if possible. We can make a photo wall!
    Will be too heavy to load, don't you think so?

How about simple text with each crazy engineer's name and discipline?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah crap, forgot about that ๐Ÿ˜›

Hm.. we are close to 9000 members. That might work.. lol
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Biggie, can we sticky this thread? Pretty pleaaase ๐Ÿ˜€
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    As for CE Linux! ๐Ÿ˜€

We can use DSL (Damn Small Linux) as a base or the Knoppix as a base. it will be pretty exciting compiling our own list of OSS in the "CEnux" Linux distribution!
  • derisghafar
    derisghafar
    xheavenlyx
    As for CE Linux! ๐Ÿ˜€

We can use DSL (Damn Small Linux) as a base or the Knoppix as a base. it will be pretty exciting compiling our own list of OSS in the "CEnux" Linux distribution!
    haha..
    interesting..sure u guys already really2 crazy about this stuff..but i'm okay with that..people usually do some freak stuff..
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    " i'm just want to become moderator in this forum..." . I wish I could print that on my shirt! ๐Ÿ˜€ loveeee it!!!
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    Hi CEans, shall we start a project on developing a mail or messenger for LAN connections. If there is already one of its kind, let me know.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shiwa436
    Hi CEans, shall we start a project on developing a mail or messenger for LAN connections. If there is already one of its kind, let me know.
    Ah, we could adapt the CE:IM project for LAN connections!

What do you think? Head over to the thread here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *sigh* finally updated the project list. Good to see some being very active!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Thanks for this master list to keep us all updated on where we are at with all these ideas!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I wish there were more projects to update ๐Ÿ˜”

Anyway, if any of you would like to suggest a project to collaborate with the rest of the CEans here, please feel free to do so. Just start a thread with something like "Project Proposal: Blah blah blah.."

Share your ideas, no matter how crazy they are!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *bump*

wow, 3 months since I last posted here! Updated the Project list with status and activity. Unfortunately most are stagnant now, but good news is, CE IM is back on track now that Xero is out of hiatus! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • xero
    xero
    Regarding CE: Mail, why do we need it? And i don't see the purpose. However there will be no issues in implementing it alongside CE: IM.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    CE Mail? Its not a project.. its basically the email adds ending with @crazyengineers.com.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ASH we have a long list of projects, but no outcome. ๐Ÿ˜”

Could you please make a consolidate status report for all the projects, so that we can appeal to few budding engineers to help us out in completing the same. We seriously needs to pump this activity and need to complete at least a project before 26th Nov. So that we can announce atleast single success story of CE LABS.

-CB
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, I've been meaning to do a detailed report, but its quite time consuming. The first CE Bot summary took ages thanks to procrastination ๐Ÿ˜›

Would probably postpone it until the user guides for CE have been completed.

In my personal opinion, the easiest project to finish by that deadline would be some sort of software project. Perhaps complete the important objectives of the CE:IM, or perhaps the CE Browser.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @all CEans:

Can we start a few of the dead projects?

We can also bring in fresh new ideas. The projects should not be restricted to Computer & IT Engineers. ๐Ÿ˜€

Shoot your responses now.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Worlds Widest Web Page! Status: Stagnant
    Can anyone explain me about this project ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    Can anyone explain me about this project ?
    We thought of creating world's widest web page. Nothing more to it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh how I miss CE Bot ๐Ÿ˜”

I am thinking of revitalizing the CE Earth project, though still thinking of a good way to do it. Don't want to start on something to sophisticated.

PS: I will update the first post with all the new projects that have recently started soon.
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    Hello i dunno whether this will be read by people with such huge plans..... bro can i ask u for few things can u provide us with options to upload rar files it should be as simple as attach files in the option of email or yahoo messenger i am too crazy to make such request to the admins ..... ๐Ÿ˜ i asked what i felt CE'ans need.....
  • yanivx
    yanivx
    The_Big_K
    We thought of creating world's widest web page. Nothing more to it.
    I liked the idea....
  • sookie
    sookie
    Is the list that I see here updated ?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    The list itself has been dead for a long time, just like the CE Lab projects. That will change soon. Ash, I think we need to take drastic actions. Scrap all the stalled projects or remove them from this list.

Start anew, with good motivations. There were amazing progress being made on CE Messenger but after @CEMember and @xero left, it went kaput. We need to have proper definition of projects and motivation to make them. Something new something amazing and different!

Software projects need to be different and useful, like @praveenscience has been trying. His contacts manager.

Hardware projects in simple terms needs funding or a large group of CEians who are willing to pool in and a common place to build the project. Or they could be small individual projects.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    For the Hardware projects, I am ready. Let me know how can we start. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • parth 127
    parth 127
    guys can we have a project on making electricity by magnet
  • honeyclarck
    honeyclarck
    Great thanks for sharing great projects. I am newbie and how can i get a project?
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Looks CEan - ash is back now ๐Ÿ˜€

Any update for the projects?

And CEans, Who are all ready to contribute?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Sada
    Looks CEan - ash is back now ๐Ÿ˜€

Any update for the projects?

And CEans, Who are all ready to contribute?
    Hi Sada.. just realized you renamed your user ID ๐Ÿ˜› I still need some catching up to do here. Hopefully we'll have a resurgence of interest in CE projects again!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    ash
    Hi Sada.. just realized you renamed your user ID ๐Ÿ˜› I still need some catching up to do here. Hopefully we'll have a resurgence of interest in CE projects again!
    That's really good to know, waiting for it ๐Ÿ˜€

And yeah, changed my username. Thanks to Bigk for giving me that chance ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need particular topics for technical seminar e and c
Friends I wanna make a Hybrid car from an old car in running condition. Plz tell weather it is feasible if yes then some suggestion regarding this transformation are awaited...
We certainly miss our old friend on CE, CEan - A Sudhakar ! Let's wish him a very happy birthday. A Sudhakar celebrates his 23rd birthday today! ๐Ÿ˜€ Happy Birthday...
Anyone interested in or involved with air pollution dispersion modeling is invited to visit the website at: ........ Fundamentals Of Stack Gas Dispersion <== click here to learn about "Fundamentals...
CEans, We have been talking about re-organizing CE forums. Lately, we have grown and the aim of restructuring is to make the forum easier to understand. Since we cannot afford...