linux different from windows.?

hi ,
i have one qestion is linux or unix or ubanto different from windows (vista or xp)
i have always heard my teacher saying about linux &linux or ubnatu but i dont have any experience .is it GUI based platform ?
and how its working is different from windows ?
is it suitable for new students who does not know much comads ?
πŸ˜•

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Safwan: Why don't you try running ubuntu in live CD mode? Just throw in the Unbuntu live CD/DVD in your machine and boot from the CD/DVD drive. That's all you'll have to do.

Moreover, you can get ubuntu delivered to your home for free. Just go and order your ubuntu from official ubuntu site.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Yes Linux do have GUI as well. However its more popular when we use it using black screen (commands).

Its entirely different from windows, different file system, different type of structure.. entirely different and much more secure.

For a new student... you should always explore new things, anyways linux is not so tough to understand.

-Crazy
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Ubuntu Linux has GUI, it's the most suitable OS for Windows users, it's easy to use & lovely.

Most of commands for system configuration or install some programs & they're all online you won't suffer, the big difference for normal user is that you won't use a lot of your EXEs & much of your games.

Technically, they're totally different.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Orange Financials India’s fastest growing financial information group from Bangalore. Reliable, Accurate, Valuable- Stock Tips, Nifty Futures, Commodity & Bullion Calls. We have a dedicated team of Stock Analysts. We...
Hi I have started playing Counter Strike Online.I am having the problem of high latency when compared to the other players.It affects my accuracy.I tried switching off the Antivirus and...
I have two question : 1- what should be the PIV rating of diodes in the circuit ? 2- if one of the diode in the rectifier is opens ,...
How can I hack an orkut id?plzz tell me?????πŸ˜•πŸ˜’πŸ˜•
😁 Any ONe Know Direct linck to new relaesed movies If Known Please post i will too 😁