Linux aficionados gained a new option: Peppermint OS

Peppermint OS, a lightweight distro based on Ubuntu, launched on Monday. "The decision was to concentrate on speed over everything else.

Linux aficionados gained a new option Monday, thanks to the release of Peppermint OS – The Linux Desktop OS.
Checking in at under 512 MB, Peppermint is a Linux-based operating system that's designed to be cloud/Web-centric, ready to use and "insanely fast," its makers said. As a fork of Lubuntu, the system is based on -- and compatible with -- Ubuntu 10.04 and its repositories.

Peppermint OS Puts Its Pedal to the Metal

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Continue to my earlier posts on virtulaization, For the ones who are interested in Virtualaization in IT: Server virtualization has crossed the proverbial chasm. Not long ago, when deploying new...
why we need window function for filters in DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING?/
hi friend's in my room daily a discussion is going on the topic that which one is the best cricketer(except sachin tendulker) and on this topic daily a fighting is...
hi there, i am new here and i want to tell you that i am glad i found this forum, thank you for the precious information you've posted here!
.. saying 3 D that would never beat the actual view. As can be seen from below few photos, its graphical. Graphical images for objects in motion is tolerable( water...