life saving mobile app

a cell phone based app which can save many precious lives. it is statistically confirmed that during any traffic accident involving wounded/injured parties,the first 30 minutes of on the spot measures taken play a very significiant role in wether the injured person will survive or suffer serious handicap or loss of limbs etc for life.timely and correct measures will lead to almost 90% recovery. it is unrealistic to train or expect lay by standers to be trained in medical first aid to first responder levels and also to get involved (given our culture). what could work is this: it is statistically proven that during any accident there is 90% chance of a doctor being somewhere in the vicinity who if aware of the mishap can come and do the needful.Most of the nearby doctors dont know unless they actually witness the accident that they are needed.one could be just 100 meters down the road and not know. what the app does is this. any doctor who has the app on his/her cell phone and is in the vicinity of an accident automaticaly receives an alert.How? any bystander or injured party or anyone who simply smses a given number.the person is assured of anonymity (if they wish) and some token reward . the sms via cellular tower triangulation and gps positioning immidietly zeroes in on the doctors in the vicinity and gives basic details: street name,or building nam etec of the accident site. why would doctors already harried and burdened take such a call or have it on their cells? we underestimate the goodness of people.during the latur earthquake, 100s of volunteer doctors spent days amongst the ruins,amidst decaying dead bodies,helping survivors doing their bit. how can this be made to pay.phone service companies who are marketing using feel good themes like getting in touch etc like vodafone might want to look at this as a marketing proposition.getting good publicity and brand image and association with a respected group like medicos by distributing sponsoring the app, or well known hospital chains like the Apollo group of hospitals etc.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is a catch in this. I have been discussing the SMS issue for the past few days in another context. SMS is not instantaneous. They are sent whenever possible. There is no guarantee that the message will be received in time.
    One option is to have a universal number like the police or fire brigade. Any by stander can call this and give details. All cell phone operator can be told to broadcast a call to all subscribing doctors about the emergency. If a doctor is nearby and wishes to help can then do so.
  • ingenuier
    ingenuier
    Sir,
    that would definitely simplify the interaction and make it more effective!

Thank you for the input,
    bioramani
    There is a catch in this. I have been discussing the SMS issue for the past few days in another context. SMS is not instantaneous. They are sent whenever possible. There is no guarantee that the message will be received in time.
    One option is to have a universal number like the police or fire brigade. Any by stander can call this and give details. All cell phone operator can be told to broadcast a call to all subscribing doctors about the emergency. If a doctor is nearby and wishes to help can then do so.
    that

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I guess subject of this thread is more than enough to explain what i am talking about here Guys what do you think which is best way to learn books...
I am an engineering student, doing B-Tech in Electronics and communication engineering from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur. Robotics is my special area of interest. Painting, Photography, Driving are among...
Now I'm using windows 8 consumer preview, and It having some issues while working with many plugins for different platforms... while instlling VS10 chart pluginn with VS08, Its raising that...
What is the role of Video Analyst Job? Any idea? I am an IT engineer from Kolkata, India and I want to know its job prospects and what skills will...
-: Increase Broadband Speed Using Simple Tweak :-​ A Simple Tweak (XP Pro only) which will increase your Broadband Speed. Make sure you Log on as Administrator, not as a...