Life On Mars - NASA's Curiosity Rover Finds Evidence Of Favorable Conditions

Does life exist on Mars? Did life ever exist on Mars? Those are the questions NASA's engineers and scientists are currently looking answers for. The latest discovery by the Curiosity rover may give the NASA team a ray of hope and infuse them with some optimism. The Curiosity rover recently performed some drilling and sophisticated analysis of rock sample and has found an evidence that conditions favorable to life might have existed on Mars in the past. The NASA team now believes that these conditions would have favorable to support microbes.

Michael Meyer says that the main aim of the Curiosity mission is to answer the question whether Mars ever supported habitable environment. He further says that from the recent discovery we can say 'Yes'.
slide
Image Credit: NASA

The Yellowknife Bay area - the place on Mars where the rover is currently located has been determined to be the end of an ancient river system or a wet lake bed. This place could have supported chemicals and other favorable conditions for Microbes. The team is astonished at the range of chemical ingredients found through the drills performed by Curiosity.

Check out further details on NASA Rover Finds Conditions Once Suited for Ancient Life on Mars | NASA

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Good Invention.
    But, I really don't understand the purpose in spending thousand million dollars on this crap while their own countrymen are dying of poverty & unemployement.

A Conspiracy ?
    Is America showing off the lies through NASA ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    Good Invention.
    But, I really don't understand the purpose in spending thousand million dollars on this crap while their own countrymen are dying of poverty & unemployement.

A Conspiracy ?
    Is America showing off the lies through NASA ?
    You should look at following two threads -

Why are scientists obsessed about finding water on Mars? &

Is Curiosity landing on Mars a hoax? Is NASA & US lying to everyone?
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    Projects like Curiosity are one of those bones the US Govt throws NASA time to time, seeing these people are responsible for a whole lot of defense research, which the US sorely needs.

What really gets my goat though, is people criticizing NASA for wasting the hard earned taxpayer money, which would otherwise be spent on buying hair spray, visiting the malls and generally making people fatter and stupider.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : The money saved (I wonder why the world has money problems? Humans get everything free from Nature) could be used for better purposes. The US, I believe continues to create weapons and sell them in International markets in the name of defence. Give guns to people and talk about peace? Ha! 👎
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    why cry over experiments? Irony being ,one can fantasize about extraterrestrial life, spend billions on entertainment movies and stuff, but when it comes to conducting expensive experiments, we cry foul.
    I am still yet to understand whats wrong about conducting space research?obviously , it doesnot come for cheap.
    I also think, the scientists are not trying to find water on mars, nor are planning to send humans for survival there, but they are trying to find reasons for - if Mars did have water, what made the water vanish??? would same conditions make turn earth from planet what it is now, to something like MARS? This might apply for earth in few years(hundreds/thousands/millions/billions as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    I also think, the scientists are not trying to find water on mars, nor are planning to send humans for survival there, but they are trying to find reasons for - if Mars did have water, what made the water vanish??? would same conditions make turn earth from planet what it is now, to something like MARS? This might apply for earth in few years(hundreds/thousands/millions/billions as well.
    It's been established that it'd be impossible to setup human base on Mars, there are no positive signs of 'environment' and this was known since decades.

Money is not a problem for the US Government. They've the FED that prints money.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

GNOME - The One of the hottest DE (Desktop Environment) will be now added officially in Ubuntu upcoming release Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail. Till now,most of the Ubuntu users who...
There are two options in front of us to make CE available on mobile devices and tablets. The first one is the 'App' and the second one is 'Responsive Design'....
MAY I KNOW THE PURPOSES OF USING BRACINGS IN STRUCTURAL FABRICATION.
South Korea's successful startup event, beLaunch is now accepting Indian applications. If you are a company registered in India and wants to find partners, distributors or create awareness in South...
guys do you know how to read disk capacitor value??? what is the value of 47K, 02 AEC. please help