LG Optimus G Pro Price In India Is Rs. 42,500 - Competition For Galaxy Note II

LG Electronics has launched in the Indian market a new smartphone called the LG Optimus G Pro - the Android 4.1.2 aka Jelly Bean OS running phablet with a 5.5-inch capacitive display that has a true Full HD IPS Plus LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and a pixel density of 400ppi. Though the India launch happened a bit late, we remember that the phablet was announced in February this year and was launched in major markets in April. Directly at war with the Samsung Galaxy Note II for dominance in the phablet arena, the tech specs and features of the LG's Optimus G Pro speak of a high-end phone at a competitive price. Powered by a 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor as opposed to Note II's 1.6 GHz Cortex A9 processor, the phone is a powerful option for those venturing into a useful android gadget for the first time.

Carrying the dimensions of 150.2 (L) x 76.1 (W) x9.4 (D), the phone is a lighter in weight than the Samsung Galaxy Note II at 172 grams. The LG Optimus G Pro comes with 32 GB internal memory expandable up to an additional 64 GB via MicroSD card slot and a RAM of 2 GB. Apart from these features, the 13 megapixel rear camera that comes with LED flash and 2.1 MP front camera for video calling are two major focus points on the tech specs list. The phone supports full HDR dual-video recording at 1080p@30fps and the camera will let you use geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization, panorama, HDR modes. The smartphone boasts dual recording that captures video with both the front and rear cameras simultaneously and and virtual reality panorama feature allowing 360 degree viewing, from taking pictures of both horizontal and vertical environment. The UX features popular with Optimus G users have been added to the Optimus G pro, such as upgraded Q Slide, Live Zooming and Quick Memo. Other features in the smartphone include Q Remote, Audio Zoom, Video Wiz, Magic Remote Pad.
M_Id_399205_LG_Optimus_G_Pro

The 3,140 mAh battery that brings the Optimus G Pro to life and promises an average lifetime. Soon Kwon, Managing Director, LG India said, "Smartphone market in India is growing rapidly and there is a huge demand for big screen size mobile phones. The market size for 5 inch and above screens is expected to be 1.5 million units by end of 2013. With this launch we are gearing towards our aim of capturing 10% market share of the smartphone category by end of 2014. LG Mobiles has earmarked Rs 80 cr for strengthening the infrastructure for retail development and marketing activities."

At a price tag of Rs. 42, 500 in India, the LG Optimus G Pro is going to rival the likes of Blackberry and Apple too, alongside Samsung. We can't help but imagine the dilemma that buyers will be in, once they enter the smartphone markets and are left bewildered with the number of options available. Below is an official video from LG for your eyes. Do check it out and share your views about the phone with us in comments.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You guys should also check out the mart the 'Smart Video' feature on this phone that detect's users eye movements during video playback and if you stare aware from the screen, it auto-pauses the video clip playback.
    Read more about it here - LG Smart Video On Optimus G Pro Tracks Eyes For Video Playback
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    LG has made a heavy entry into the smartphone industry with Optimus G.Its simple and sleek design makes it elegant.The smart video you described is similar to the one introduced by galaxy S3 where it senses our retina and dim its display.Its a evolved idea but waiting to see this smart video app .The European dominancy in Smartphone industry is nearing its end.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    All good for a little more price than Samsung Galaxy Note2. However consider the screen quality as well. Both Samsung and LG are famous for their Television and I bet Samsung is more popular. So I wonder why people would go for that extra 5 megapixels and dual video recording. L Optimus G Pro does not have a stylus. And the battery endurance level is not promising enough as the LG Optimus uses a True Full HD IPS Plus LCD capacitive touchscreen while the Note 2 uses a Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen. However, both devices are equally competent! But Note2 does offer more colours to choose from.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Looks good.
    However I was just wondering that they have release the video for phone or Phone's camera... 😀

Coming to the topic, do you think that it will give competition to established phones like HTC One, Note 2, iPhone 5, that are almost in price lesser than this??

I am doubtful, what about you?

-CB
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely its going to be tough for others .But the history behind Apple still stands to give apple an edge over other mobile manufacturers.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    This one is good product. I am trying to find the drawbacks in the hardware specification & couldn't find any.The price is too much (for me) for a phone.
    The Only drawback will be in Software side, Like Samsung & HTC; LG also gonna use the custom home screen & not the real Android.
    Anyways, we gotta choice : CM Team comes to rescue!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    LG's still trying to compete with a product from Samsung that launched an year ago! Come on, LG, step up your game! The phone definitely beats the Galaxy Note II in the display section. I wonder why Sammy folks decided to keep a 720p HD screen in Note. I think maybe they just left it for the Note III, which is due in September this year - to blow off the competition again.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Since last few years Auto-makers are in aggressive assault to the Indian auto market. Every month we see few new releases for the cars.Premium MPV has an important role in...
While stumbling at FF I stumbled upon an interesting website and thought of sharing with you all. What do you think does this make any sense??? https://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla -CB
I came across one of the interview with Joseph L. Bower, Professor, Harvard Business School. He talks about an effective CEO, and work for companies committed to leadership development, and...
When ever we see the name of Lamborghini all that a person remembers is the super low version cars Well here is a car to ponder about from Lamborghini in...
An unlikely source has filed a lawsuit against Apple for patent infringement – Boston University. The educational institution previously associated with being a pioneer in social media and an outspoken...