LG Announces Ultra PC, Tab-Book 2 & All-In-One PC; Unveiling At CES 2014

LG has announced three new Windows 8.1 devices that are all set to be unveiled for the public at CES 2014. The press release from LG does not provide the technical specifications, pricing and availability details but teases us with some features that we can expect from its latest Ultra PC (Model 13Z940), second generation Tab-Book 2 hybrid devices (Models 11T740 and 11T540) and All-In-One PC (Model 27V740).

We start with the Ultra PC (Model 13Z940). This Ultrabook from LG runs Windows 8.1 on a Haswell Intel Core i5 processor and uses a 128GB or a 256GB Solid-State Drive for storage. It features a Full HD 13.3-inch IPS display which is complimented by 4.4mm thin bezels. For comfortable reading the Ultra PC has got a Reader Mode that allows the reader to change the background image to resemble paper. This not only reduces eye-strain but also manages to conserve the battery life. LG has kept its weight at 980 grams and given it a maximum thickness of 13.6mm.

LG_Z940

Next we have the LG Tab-Book 2. There shall be two variants of the LG Tab-Book 2, namely 11T740 and 11T540. Both devices run Windows 8.1 on an 11.6inch display that supports 10-point multi-touch and they have QWERTY keyboard hidden under the screen that slide in and out with the press of a button. The 11T740 is the flagship model and it features an 11.6 inch Full HD IPS display which has got a maximum brightness of 400nit lumens. LG has not given out any details of the 11T540 except its weight and thickness figures and since LG describes it as the ‘little sister’ of the 11T740 we can safely assume that it has moderate specs and is priced lower than the 11T740.

LG_T5401

Finally we shall take a look at LG’s All-In-One PC (Model 27V740). While we can’t find a press shot of the product (since LG has not provided one) the press release states that the 27-inch All-In-One PC features a Full HD IPS display and runs Windows 8.1 with the help of an unspecified an Intel Core CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M GPU. It can act like a regular TV with its bundled remote and you can use it as a TV and an internet browser simultaneously thanks to its picture-in-picture (PIP) mode.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    The price of these devices are not mentioned, do we have any clue to that?
    A while ago, one of my friend has used a touch screen laptop (from HP) and she was not very happy with that. I am not sure what is the benefit of these tab books.

Tabs are comfortable enough for typing using touch screen then what is the usage of additional keyboard, i am not a big fan of that.

Anyone here used Tab-book in past, or wanted to give these a shot?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am Sudhanshu Bhatt, done my engineering in 2013 with IT branch, now I am working for a multinational IT company as Test Engineer in PUNE, but I am...
Emirates is one of the fastest growing country in Infrastructure. Now they are concentrating more about the tourism of country. There are many creative and innovative projects are proposed as...
We do many routine tasks virtually automatically as if on autopilot. While this has its uses, there is another take on this. It seems that by bringing in a higher...
We all know how populist media generated activities lead to complications. Here is a scientist's grouse on one such fiasco: https://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2...pts-serious-science/?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1
Lenovo has stepped into the New Year by unveiling its latest flagship smartphone, the Vibe Z. It is the first smartphone from the personal technology manufacturer to have LTE capabilities....