Lets do something for CE, people. Big_K are you reading.

Hey CEans,

I have an idea that why shouldn't we all, who have some idea of programing, take up some projects from The_Big_K.

What i propose is...
* The bk should select some idea and decide a project upon it.

* Divide that into several small modules, each having some unique purpose.

* Define what each one of those modules in a systematic manner.

* Post the project with name as a thread in tech discussions forum along with modules and their definitions as ''

* Set a considerant dead line.

* Expect us CEans to take up any module in any quantity according to thier expertise, that before the dead line.

* The CEans should post the codes as replies.

Its Benefits are:
* We get a vision of some proffessional job doing.
* We earn team spirit.
* our programing skills are honed.

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    We have talked about this #-Link-Snipped-#

the thing is we do need more members, but as you said we can do something small. I have sometihng in mind but need more people willing.

The project in my mind needs some Comp eng with Asembly and C++ in mind. Its about this :#-Link-Snipped-#which ofcourse has programming too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Hellmate!

Great idea! [​IMG] I'm all set for this!

I really think we should hold on for a few more days and do the 'homework'. There are few points which bother me-
    • I believe we should start with a "really" small project. This is only to ensure that we can complete the project and not abort it at any point of time.
    • We need a better structure for our forums. Let us hold on for this to happen. Instead of I deciding the project, let us flood in our ideas for our first "small" project and pick one.
      In the meantime, we can do our "homework". Write articles on technology, coding guidelines etc. We should be fully prepared before we actually start working on the project.
    • Get more people! This is important!
    • Keep our spirits high! Things take a little longer and CE needs to be prepared for such activities.
    -The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Well put biggie! In a week Ill be comming up with the project guidelines and ethics πŸ˜› (sounds a lot but I am frustrated at my lazyness too, so I need a ruleguide)

Biggie, Can you please start a thread in General about the guide lines?

Ask us what we thing about it. Neha is good at that too πŸ˜› (HR girl)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    Well put biggie! In a week Ill be comming up with the project guidelines and ethics πŸ˜› (sounds a lot but I am frustrated at my lazyness too, so I need a ruleguide)

Biggie, Can you please start a thread in General about the guide lines?

Ask us what we thing about it. Neha is good at that too πŸ˜› (HR girl)
    Sure! We are on the right path. Project guidelines and ethichs ( 😁 ) will be a good start.

We already have a thread on Project Related ideas in technical discussions section. I don't want to start a new thread related to CE Project unless we have the new structure in place. It will take few more days though 😁

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    Nice idea CEans. We already had a discussion about it in another thread and it was well acceptd as an undertaking. But yes as Biggie suggested, we must begin with a small project and grow slowly.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The Discussion is taking up good shape here. Although I'm not very much into software programming, I guess this is going to be a great thing for CE future plans.

What I would also like to see is some more people working on the existing open source projects (for ex. SugarCRM) and coming up with solutions to improve CE.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    What I would also like to see is some more people working on the existing open source projects (for ex. SugarCRM) and coming up with solutions to improve CE.
    Good idea, but let's first work on our own project! 😁 Take it for granted that CE - Project will not be as easy as it looks. I bet it will be a good learning experience for everyone!

-The Big K-
  • Neha
    Neha
    Yea definitely it would be.We should start it at the earliest.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    {bump} 😁

Bumping into yet another old thread. I'm proud to announce that we have taken up a (secret) project. In the mean time, can we have bloggers to write about us on their blogs? πŸ˜€ It would be nice to see what people have to say about CE πŸ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    The_Big_K
    {bump} 😁

Bumping into yet another old thread. I'm proud to announce that we have taken up a (secret) project. In the mean time, can we have bloggers to write about us on their blogs? πŸ˜€ It would be nice to see what people have to say about CE πŸ˜‰

-The Big K-
    agree ! we must do something about this 😁
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    The_Big_K
    {bump} 😁

-The Big K-
    What secret Project??!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Do you know, we are still living in the Stone Age? We still communicate in Morse code. We still use steam piston for most of the power (at least most)....
COKE -- No wonder coke tastes soooo good: [*]In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the...
This thread is dedicated to the discussions & ideas related to the first online CE project that the Crazy Engineers wish to start. Before we actually begin to work on...
well!this is a thread where you can swing your imagination like never beforeπŸ˜‰ and list out the features of YOUR DREAM MACHINE that you desire to have in your LIFE!😎...
hi guys i m doing BE in electronics and communication and i want some suggestions. which is better frm job point of view .net or CCNA.