Let's code an email alert tool in Java!

I want to create a email alerter that will alert[It means that it should play some sound selected by me] me whenever I am receive a new mail...I want to do it in java...Which concept can I Use..? Give some ideas..

Replies

• niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    Re: ALerTer

import javax.sound.*; package .. search in google for sound java code .. you will get the example . But which mailing client are you using . If its microsoft outlook I think this feature is available ..
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs

niraj.kumar
    import javax.sound.*; package .. search in google for sound java code .. you will get the example . But which mailing client are you using . If its microsoft outlook I think this feature is available ..
    Yes...I can use javax.sound...Now I need Ideas for mail...I can't get you Niraj.
    How to use microsoft outlook for my program?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs

No other replies...What is going wrong here..I dont know that....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

ms_cs
    No other replies...What is going wrong here..I dont know that....
    That is because the title of of this thread does not give any idea about the contents of the thread. It could be more descriptive.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs

@Big_K: I edited my thread to have the title as " Need Ideas for developing application that will alert me on new mails.." ..
    But it is not updated in computer-science-engineering forum...What to do...?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread can be edited only by the mods. I've updated the thread title. Let's hope we get some response here ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Thank you Big_K
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    I want to create a email alerter that will alert[It means that it should play some sound selected by me] me whenever I am receive a new mail...I want to do it in java...Which concept can I Use..? Give some ideas..
    Explain your problem in detail Please. Have you any mail server kind of thing set up already? I guess when ever you are sending an email to the client side , the audio file can also be sent along with it. I mean someting like that can be done.

If you will be more specific, it can be done.๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Assume that My java program is running...It will always runs as a service and It should have a listener which looks for a new mail and that should alert me whenever I receive a new mail...Is it posssible
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As I understand it; only email alert tool needs to be coded. Something like you have in Outlook that pops up a message saying you have a new message in your inbox. Even Google Talk & Yahoo Messenger notifies of new emails.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    @Big_K : Yes , You are correct...That is what I want to code...
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    Assume that My java program is running...It will always runs as a service and It should have a listener which looks for a new mail and that should alert me whenever I receive a new mail...Is it posssible
    Yep it can be possible, can you show me your listener class?Even I got it what you were asking but when that outlook thing Mr niraj said , your reply was -"I could not get you niraj" . This created confusion for me. ๐Ÿ˜
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I want ideas for coding that part ..
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    in j2ee there is a option for sending mail..Am I right? Similar to that is there any option to notify that?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    in j2ee there is a option for sending mail..Am I right? Similar to that is there any option to notify that?
    Yep you are 100% right, it is Java Mail API.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Is there any option available in j2ee to listen for receiving mails...
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    Is there any option available in j2ee to listen for receiving mails...
    ms_cs, if possible go through Java Mail API thing and javax.mail package, it do sending, receiving , deleting , forwarding ,replying mails , sending attachements and everything.

Hope it can be of any help. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Of course..How to alert like gmail and yahoo as Big_K said, while receiving messages

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On my computer, I have a folder which contains many files. I want all these file names to be listed in an spreadsheet. How do I do that? DOes windows...
Just came across this hilarious Dilbert joke that makes fun of the company policies. Check it out -
I have bugzilla installed in my system, but no idea how to get the url. I have no clue what is to be done next. Please help me.
Official Website: ||Anaadyanta '09|| Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology A Sanskrit word meaning neither the beginning nor the end... is also an epithet for Lord Shiva. The institution hosts its...
I am an architecture student currently designing a building that augments/conducts vibrations through it. What types of materials are best for allowing vibrations to pass through them easily? And what...