Let us develop a Mozilla Addon now

Guys CE Facebook app will launch very soon .Till then Let us pick another project

Now we are gonna develop a Mozilla addon which will make our way to register our name in Mozilla addon developers community.

I think this must be the dream of every computer engineer, for what he should feel proud of ,instead of working for a MNC for his entire life.

Shoot your ideas before i disclose my idea !!!

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    there was already a similar plan launched earlier right ? what happened to that ?
    the link to it seems broken
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yeah I know i.e why I have started a new thread
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    I mean I would like to know what had been discussed earlier over it, what were their plans et al
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    73 views but not even single idea suggestion

ceans come on , atleast reply something ,doesn't matter if you say it is crap
  • gizmotech
    gizmotech
    Hey,

A firefox add on would be fun. I always wanted to create one. When is the project kicking off?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    thanks for your response
    currently i am looking for idea from ceans, then i wil disclose mine
    if you have some idea ,please post
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am all in for this project 😁

I hope this idea does not sound dumb.

Can we make an add on that lets us download any important thread from CE? 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    2 more ideas:

1) Add on that notifies in the browser about a new email even though we are not logged in at the account. (I think this may already exist)

2) An add on that converts all the text on the webpage in the font we want.
  • gizmotech
    gizmotech
    Hey,

I have always had a problem organising my bookmarks, that is segregating them and applying different labels probably etc. I think we can go with a good Bookmark Organiser similar to the Gmail organises mail. Some of the ideas could be borrowed.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hmm first one is good

If say user finds some good information, then he can download the entire thread for future reference.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    gizmotech
    Hey,

I have always had a problem organising my bookmarks, that is segregating them and applying different labels probably etc. I think we can go with a good Bookmark Organiser similar to the Gmail organises mail. Some of the ideas could be borrowed.

wow Good one Keep the ideas flowing Ceans

But be sure that these addons doesn't already exists.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Hope this will be great!But i dont know whether it works!

Why should not we have an add on in the browser that shows you the recent updates on CE?
  • Reya
    Reya
    Hi Is there any Addon that allows to Highlight or change the color of a bookmark in the sidebar??In other words if i want to select 4 of my bookmarked sites as my favorites with a red color and leaving the rest sites with the the same color.If we dont have this add on can we develop it?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hi Is there any Addon that allows to Highlight or change the color of a bookmark in the sidebar??In other words if i want to select 4 of my bookmarked sites as my favorites with a red color and leaving the rest sites with the the same color.If we dont have this add on can we develop it?
    Both seems to be same and interesting too πŸ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Anyway here is my idea

we all read blogs ,some of them are favorite

How about developing some addon which allows to save this blog links and gives a notification whenever a new post is posted in it?
  • Reya
    Reya
    Nice idea!Keep goingπŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We've shipped the special anniversary edition t-shirts "Proud To Be A CEan". Click photos of your t-shirts and post them here 😁 We all are interested in knowing what...
hi crazy engineers i m also now a crazy engineer :smile:
Hi, I am in Class XII and taking AIEEE in 2011. As everyone might be aware that 1lakh students can take it Online. I have opted for online. Can someone...
m new at CE... my xm z running....my project z knocking at da door.... my head z banging on da table.... 😁 πŸ˜‰ wat bout u guyz !!! greet me...
CloudMagic This browser extension (available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser) can search your Gmail so quickly that you'll never be able to look at Gmail's own search tool...