Lenovo Announces VIBE Shot and A7000 Android Lollipop Smartphones

Lenovo has unveiled two new Android 5.0 (Lollipop) smartphones at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona today. The Lenovo Vibe Shot is the company’s first photography centric smartphone and the A7000 manages to make a mark in the industry by being the first smartphone to feature Dolby Atmos surround sound technology. The Lenovo Vibe Shot will be arriving in the month of June in select markets across the world at prices starting at $349 and the A7000 will be making an appearance at your local brick and mortar shop this month with a price tag of $169. Without further ado let’s dive in to the details of these smartphones in the following paragraphs.

Lenovo Vibe Shot

Lenovo Vibe Shot 1

The Lenovo Vibe Shot’s USP is its photography capabilities. The primary camera on the Vibe Shot is a massive 16-megapixel sensor inside a six-piece modular lens setup. Unlike other smartphone camera sensors which have native 4:3 resolution the sensor on the Vibe Shot is a true 16:9 full frame one. Just like most Lumia smartphones this one too has got low-light back-illuminated sensor that facilitates low light photography. The tricolour flash is controlled by a photo luminosity feature that adjusts the level of flash depending on the ambient light. The Lenovo Vibe Shot employs optical image stabilisation to reduce blur and sharpen photos. The Chinese manufacturer has gone old school and opted for a physical shutter button that is fast disappearing from newer smartphones. Selfie lovers will rejoice on finding the 8MP front camera on the Lenovo Vibe Shot.

Lenovo Vibe Shot 2

Once you have shot the photos you will be able to enjoy them on a 5.0-inch Full HD resolution (1920x1080) IPS panel display. The phone runs Android Lollipop on a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset with a 1.7GHz octa-core processor and 3GB of RAM. The Lenovo Vibe Shot has got an ample 32GB of internal storage for your photos and a microSD slot for up 128GB expandable storage. As expected from a flagship phone, the Lenovo Vibe Shot has LTE, Bluetooth 4.1 (Low Energy), Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity along with GPS navigation. The dual-SIM Lenovo Vibe Shot is powered by a non-user removable 2900mAh battery and will be available in Crimson, Pearl White and Graphite Grey colour variants.

Lenovo A7000

LenovoA7000

The Lenovo A7000 is the first smartphone to feature Dolby’s proprietary surround sound technology Atmos. Please take note, this means that this feature is not the same as Dolby surround found on many smartphones that enhances the audio playing in any file. For enjoying an immersive sound on your A7000 smartphone you have to play a Dolby Atmos video and of course plug-in your earphones. The Lenovo A7000 features a 5.5-inch HD resolution (1280 x 720) IPS panel display. Underneath the hood we find a MediaTek MT6752M chipset with a true octa-core 1.5GHz processor and 2GB of RAM running Android Lollipop. We find a modest 8MP auto-focus camera with LED flash on the rear and a 5MP fixed-focus sensor on the front. This LTE enabled, dual SIM smartphone features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and microUSB connectivity along with GPS navigation. The phone is powered by a user-removable 2900mAh battery that is claimed to last for 11 days on standby and offer 39 hours of talk time.

LenovoA7000 2

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Samir Jaiswal
    Samir Jaiswal
    As I was searching for the phone which will help me to call, play games and also camera as I love to do photography. So I started to search for a phone which will fulfill my desire for gaming and photography. I heard of Lenovo Vibe shot recently launched by Lenovo. So I actually searching it on the mega store like flipkart I found it is not available there then I found it on Home - Calculating Infinity one of Lenovo’s website and got my desire fulfilled.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's search engine relies on the complex algorithms developed over a period of time by the extraordinarily talented engineers it's hired from all over the globe. It's kind of a...
Hi, I am a second year mechanical engineering student currently working on a project which involves designing a green house with PVC tubes. The green house will be tunnel shaped...
The Xiaomi brand has become immensely popular for introducing gadgets that offer pathbreaking specifications for incredibly low prices, making them a must-have for the masses. Be it in the smartphone...
i need a seminar topic
Hello EveryOne, My age is 33.I did my MCA in 2011 from IGNOU.My session was 2006- 2007(2 yrs)before that I did my BCA session 2003-2005. Because of some personal problems...