LED Lights take to the Streets

It is unusual to think of LED lights as street lights. There are major advantages if they can be used. Their long life allows for their use in somewhat inaccessible areas and low maintenance offsets the current high initial cost.
This article gives more details:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Instead of trying it out in streets implementing them in rail way stations and other hubs which attract huge crowds round the clock will be a nice way of reducing power cost
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Conqueror
    Instead of trying it out in streets implementing them in rail way stations and other hubs which attract huge crowds round the clock will be a nice way of reducing power cost
    Not a bad idea at all. How about CE discussing the technical issues related to illuminating public places?
    #-Link-Snipped-# can perhaps tell us how we can project this (and other similar ideas) to the concerned agencies.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    Not a bad idea at all. How about CE discussing the technical issues related to illuminating public places?
    #-Link-Snipped-# can perhaps tell us how we can project this (and other similar ideas) to the concerned agencies.
    We can definitely have concerned authorities from corporates to discuss this. In fact, I discussed the same topic with my father as we drove to the movie theater late in the evening. He had done a similar project to illuminate a sizeable area and says that it saves a ton of money.

I'll try to write to a few companies and see if they can tell us what the exact problems are.
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    I dont understand why they cost more, LEDs are so cheap and the Street lights require no special circuitry. Once, I went to a nearby vendor, and found that they very highly priced when compared to Ordinary Lamps/Some CFLs. The point is, they usually sell in high price though it wont cost them that much.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Studies are made on some really crazy subjects. There is an old saying, 'we're never more than six feet away from a rat'. It is true that most of us...
Quite often an engineer has to shop for supplies. There are myriads of suppliers fighting for market space. Some are long established vendors with old, rather rickety or manual equipment,...
If you're experiencing any issue with logging in, please clear your browser cache (cookies). Everything should work fine if you delete your cookies/cache in the last hour. If you still...
hi friends, i am in new in this forum.... so i am going to introduce me with u all....... I am student of Mechanical engineering(Presently 2nd year) in Lovely professional...
hi friends...... i have few doubts regarding strength of material, so please can anyone give me solution for them........ 1. why stress decreases from upper yield point to lower yield...