Lecture # 3 : Format your post properly

CEans,

Would you enjoy reading unformatted text? Would you like to read text which has long trails of dots in it? Would you like to read text in very big/very small font? Would you like to read text in ALL CAPS?

I'm sure your common sense is being triggered 😀 . Of course, in special cases, you may use bold/all caps/multi-colored text. But it makes sense to take 30 extra seconds to format our post.

It makes easier for everyone to read your text & understand it properly.

-The Big K-

Replies

• kim
    kim
    hi guys i am glad to be a member of this group
    Hi can i ask kindly fo information to interface paralel ports with java😁😡
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Kim,

You have posted your question in the wrong section. Please kindly post it in the technical help section on CE firums. Some one will pick your thread and will answer you for sure.
  • brunoayi
    brunoayi
    hello guys i am very glad to be member of this group.expect meeting you.
  • mixalisxat
    mixalisxat
    hello......
  • morecrazythanu
    morecrazythanu
    I guess that's true. And I am one of those people who have infatuation with dot. But may be I'll be able to kick the habit now. And may be I'll be able to kill my best friend because she's the one who gave me this virus..
  • AnkitaDeshpande
    AnkitaDeshpande
    Hello,

It has become a habit for me to finish a sentence and jus hold the 'Dot Key' for some seconds ;-).
    Till now I didn't know that it falls amongst the Dont's 😲.
    Thank you for making me aware.

• asb.smitha
    asb.smitha
    Hello Big-K

I have been using the dots frequently, but i am really happy that i will surely reduce all my bad habits very fast.

Thank you Big-k
  • MOHD.SHABEEH
    MOHD.SHABEEH
    Write Clearly And To The Point.
  • MOHD.SHABEEH
    MOHD.SHABEEH
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

Would you enjoy reading unformatted text? Would you like to read text which has long trails of dots in it? Would you like to read text in very big/very small font? Would you like to read text in ALL CAPS?

I'm sure your common sense is being triggered 😀 . Of course, in special cases, you may use bold/all caps/multi-colored text. But it makes sense to take 30 extra seconds to format our post.

It makes easier for everyone to read your text & understand it properly.

-The Big K-
    I will try my best to avoid such mistakes.
  • angeldeepika
    angeldeepika
    helloooooooooooooooooo
    to all
    hey u all r talkin about which dot yr i won't understood anything😕
  • afaque usman
    afaque usman
    Hello guys Iam glad to be in your forum
  • visionary
    visionary
    I never realized there were actually so many people who needed to be told about good formatting!

Knowing that I'm older than the 'PC' sort of makes me feel ancient [we learned formatting at school using implements known as paper & pen]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    visionary
    I never realized there were actually so many people who needed to be told about good formatting!

Knowing that I'm older than the 'PC' sort of makes me feel ancient [we learned formatting at school using implements known as paper & pen]
    Thanks to social networking. Especially Orkut. Trend shows the posts from members from India do not pay much attention to formatting. Duh! 😒
  • stevenrokz
    stevenrokz
    Hello!

Thanks for all the tips,I will definitely look into this😎
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Really useful tips
    please follow them
  • adamridley
    adamridley
    hi
    Thanks for your useful post!
    Also u award me before posting.
    thanks again

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Slang & SMS equivalents of English words! Shall we blame the social networking websites? Before we begin, let us understand the company you are in. At the time of writing...
Hello New CEans! CrazyEngineers is read everyday by Engineers from all over the world. Engineers from various trades, countries & cultures log into CrazyEngineers to share ideas & participate in...
I'm sure the question must have popped up in your mind. Let me answer it here- CrazyEngineers is still a young community. While restructuring the CE forums, the initial plan...
Welcome To CE Labs 😀 ! CrazyEngineers labs is a place for CE - Projects & cross trade discussions. Crazy Brains from various trades will gather here to innovate, generate/share...
Welcome to CE Higher Education! CE Higher Education aspires to be a one stop solution for Engineers looking forward to post-graduate opportunities. Right now, because of lack of enough discussions...