Learn web development online or from an institute?

I'm interested in web development so tell me should i learn it online or from a institute ?
Also tell me should i learn python or java because java is in my next semester course but python is not in my entire engineering course.

Replies

• Neohacker
    Neohacker
    Also tell what is the scope of python/javascript in India . I'm asking this because everyone is teaching either C/C++ or Java in India. No engineering college teaches these simple language python or JS .
  • Neohacker
    Neohacker
    WHELP!!!!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Neohacker
    I'm interested in web development so tell me should i learn it online or from a institute ?
    Have you tried learning a language online? It isn't everyone's cup of tea. One needs to be really disciplined to follow the online course for it to be effective.
    I think you should try learning PHP/Python or any other language of your choice online first. Most tutorials available are free of cost. So, you don't have to worry about spending heavily on tuition fees, without knowing if you have the knack/interest for it.

Tons of online help is available for learning a programming language. Most good coders I know are self-learned. They read, practice, implement, test and repeat. They dont hesitate to ask for help.

Neohacker
    Also tell me should i learn python or java because java is in my next semester course but python is not in my entire engineering course.
    This is entirely your own choice. Even though your engineering college course has JAVA in the curriculum, that does not mean that you will be well-versed in the language at the end of 3 or 4 years. You need to practice a lot and develop projects on your own to become proficient/super skilled in it.

The demand for JAVA developers will not be over for atleast the next decade. So, if you can develop excellent development skills in that, nothing like it.

However, if you believe Python is more to your liking, it is great that you can start learning it now in your free time. It's a beautiful language and you will find yourself loving it as you become skilled in it.

Read:
    The Python Programming Discussion
    Download:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Lastly, when it comes to programming, you can start anywhere! Once you complete Java/Python/PHP/C programming basics, you can simply learn the syntax & new features of the next language and become better at it fast.

What you have to focus on is becoming a good coder. Writing good code even if it's a simple Fibonacci series program. Language doesn't matter unless you are working on a commercial project. Just keep learning everyday.
  • Neohacker
    Neohacker
    Thank you . I appreciate your help. 😒
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You are welcome. And do share the queries you face while learning the programming language on CrazyEngineers via the Computer Science | IT Section, here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Fellow engineers will definitely help you out when you are stuck. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hero MotoCorp India has launched the new iteration of its popular bike. The new 2015 Passion Pro comes in 8 attractive colours & new features. Priced at Rs. 50,050 (ex-Showroom...
Here is an interesting take on single tasking, being in the present, just being: https://itsawowlife.wordpress.com/
Every person has crazy ideas. Ideas that can someday become the next innovative product. Very few however have the resources to make the journey from idea to actual development of...
BitTorrent has launched a new app for Android, iOS and Windows Phone platforms that enables users to send photos and videos across devices for a nominal fee of $1.99. The...
I am studying embedded systems, and wanted to design Linux based embedded systems. Can anybody tell me what is the difference between linux we use in PC and linux we...