LAVA Announces New Iris X Series Smartphone - Iris X8 At Rs. 8,999

After the launch of Lava Iris X1 Grand & Mini - New Sub 10,000 INR Smartphones In India and Lava Iris Alfa: Android KitKat On A Quad-Core Processor For Rs. 6550smartphones in January, the Indian smartphone maker company, Lava International Ltd., has unveiled Lava Iris X8 as the latest addition to its flagship ‘Iris X’ series. Priced at Rs. 8999, the stunning Iris X8 will soon be available in the Indian market across all national retail stores and multi-brand outlets. The dual SIM (GSM +GSM) smartphone will be available for purchase exclusively on Indian e-commerce site, Flipkart from 9th of this month at 12:00 p.m. Lava claims that this new member of the series is designed for today’s smart generation who prefer speed and want to have the ultimate multi-tasking device.

Iris

Iris X8 is blessed with 1.4 GHz Octa-Core ARM Cortex-A7 processor and operates on Android v4.4 KitKat. According to Lava, FOTA (Firmware Over-The-Air) feature will allow the smartphone upgrade to Android 5.0 Lollipop. The memory includes 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory with 13.09 GB for users. The external memory can be expanded up to 32 GB via microSD card. The 12.7 cm (5.0 inch) IPS display has screen resolution of 720 X 1280 pixels (HD) and colour depth of 16.7 million. Moreover, the touchscreen is covered with a special layer of Asahi Glass for protection from scratches. Lava will also offer a smart flip cover separately out of the box. This intelligent cover accessory will allow the customers to access applications like music, calling, camera, messaging, et al directly without switching to the main screen. The gesture recognition functionality along with Smart Wake-up and Gesture controls allow users to directly access applications even from the locked screen.

android
Coming to camera, Iris X8 sports 8 MP primary camera with Dual LED flash support and BSI-III sensor on its rear side. Other features include 1080p full HD Video recording and digital zoom with built in auto-focus, panorama, HDR mode, face detection, smile shot, QR code scanner, face beauty mode and live photo mode. It also has 3 MP front-facing secondary camera for crystal-clear selfies. The handset measures 143.38 X 70.99 X 8.57 mm and weighs 160 gm. Both the SIM slots of the handset are for micro SIM and the swap technology allows the users to switch SIMs easily.

x

The handset is powered by 2500 mAh Li-Pol battery that provides talktime of 14 Hrs (2G) and 9 hours 40 minutes (3G). The standby time supported by the battery is 291 hours for both 2G and 3G. The connectivity options includes Wi-fi 802.11 b/g/n, A-GPS, GPRS, EDGE, Bluetooth v4.0 and OTG support. Sensors such as Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer and Ambient Light Sensor are also provided by Lava.

What are your thoughts about the new Iris X8 smartphone? Let us know in the comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Press and Media, News, Press Release Updates - Lava Mobiles

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Octa core processor should always we supported with 3000+mAh battery; did not like the specifications, may be it's only me !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Automatic weighting system for LPG cylinder to monitor and report to the booking office We proposed a project tittled as “automatic weighting system for LPG...
Superbike lovers have a big fat reason to rejoice as Suzuki Motorcycle India has announced the arrival of its nothing-short-of legendary superbike, the 'Suzuki Hayabusa Z' in a limited edition...
This is a heavily embellished version of the trials I had undergone in the open source world. I am very new to it and not without my baggage of ignorance....
Most Indian smartphone manufacturers have been launching the sub-Rs.10,000 Android OS running phones in India over the last few months. Micromax has been a leading brand name offering budget smartphones...
I am currently in my last (8th) semester of B.Tech. and I have been selected by Mphasis as software trainee on my campus placement. The joining could be anytime between...