Latest Flipkart Valuation - $850 Million!

Flipkart has not doubt set standards for the Indian eCommerce. Flipkart is growing at a rapid rate and ships over 30k items every single day! No doubt, the venture capitalists are interested in the startup and want to give a higher valuation to the company. Flipkart's existing investors Accel Partners and Tiger Global Management. have invested $150 million in Flipkart pushing the overall worth of the company to whooping $850 million!

It's now more interesting to see how Amazon & Flipkart fight builds up in India. Amazon recently entered India by proposing to start their own courier service - a step Flipkart's already taken. What do you think about Flipkart's latest valuation?

Replies

• I_am_Kunal :)
    I_am_Kunal :)
    The_Big_K
    It's now more interesting to see how Amazon & Flipkart fight builds up in India. Amazon recently entered India by proposing to start their own courier service - a step Flipkart's already taken. What do you think about Flipkart's latest valuation?

Flipkart's owners were ex employees of Amazon. Sad to see that they have to now fight their own mentors.
    But Flipkart has established a level of trust with many Indian consumers , so they have an edge. But Amazon has got deep pockets full of cash.
    And if Amazon has to survive they will have to bring in Cash on Delivery (which they most definitely will). Indians love Cash on Delivery.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    And if Amazon has to survive they will have to bring in Cash on Delivery (which they most definitely will). Indians love Cash on Delivery.
    Agreed. Amazon will definitely bring in the CoD option. Flipkart says that over 70% of their orders are CoD. The competition is going to be a lot more interesting. Flipkart is an established brand but Amazon has a bigger brand and delivery models at their disposal. Now Amazon even has millions of dollars (which will grow 50x in India) which they can invest in advertising and branding!

Flipkart must grow their inventory and also make sure that they've more items on the list. I personally want to see Flipkart succeed and watching how this 'globalization' thing plays with Indian companies.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Flipkart ,till now, provided the far better service than ebay.in,indiatimeshopping or others and already providing COD which is attracting buyer while Amazon is a big trusted brand with international items going to be biggest rival of Flipkart.
    I agree that
    Flipkart must grow their inventory and also make sure that they've more items on the list.
    I would like to add that flipkart should have more informaion about products.
    Only way to survive against Amazon is bigger inventory with quality of service.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Just got an email from Flipkart that they've added Computer Components in their list ๐Ÿ˜€

By the way, have you noticed how most of the eCommerce websites have copied Amazon's design ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • I_am_Kunal :)
    One thing Flipkart lacks is that they don't give a Google Book style preview of the books. Amazon does this for some of the books. Also Flipkart has a poor search engine. On Amazon there is search by ISBN option , I wonder why Flipkart doesn't have this option.
    Yup , Flipkart has also copied Amazon's looks.Even the fonts for 'In Stock' 'Available' 'Out of Stock' are the same on Flipkart , Infibeam ,etc. All this is Amazon style.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Why do you think they raised money for? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hire engineers to copy Amazon ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Kunal Raut *Engineering Trade: Electronics Location: Currently I am located in Suburban Mumbai. *Occupation: Student *Hobbies & Interests: books , cricket , cooking , eating *Aim in life: To...
For the life of me I cannot figure out how this trick was done:
the following is a snippet for splitting the file(from parameter FileInputPath) into the number of splits(given as outputfiles) to the specified folder (FolderOUtputPath). the files are split.(my file s an...
Hi, Can someone suggest good reference books for the following subjects (Indian and foreign ones included, if available). I went through a few titles of these books, but they didn't...
title of this blog has astonished me