Laser Television - Discussions

One of my friends mentioned about Laser Televisions and I checked on Wikipedia.

I guess it would be interesting to discuss the Laser Televisions here on CE. So, anyone wants to discuss the technical side of Laser Television? 😀

Here's what Wikipedia says about Laser Television: -

• be half the weight and cost of Plasma or LCD displays
  • require around 25% of the power required by Plasma or LCD displays
  • be very thin like Plasma and LCD displays are today
  • have a very wide colour #-Link-Snipped-#
  • have a 50,000 hour life
  • maintain full power output for the lifespan of the laser, resulting in a picture that doesn't progressively degrade over time, such as with plasma and LCD technology

Replies

• frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    It seems like there is no disadvantage of this technology...
    But is it economical??
  • Van Helsing
    Van Helsing
    Yes, I think so. This system is based on three lasers of three color... yes, the same story, like a laser color printer, or the cathodic tube, or the three tubes projector, but, this time, lasers are more efficient, smaller in size. I don't know for shure, but it appears to be semiconductor lasers...No, special screen is needed, but a white one. Like the one used for slide shows.The three laser beams are amplitude modulated and mirror deflected as usual in laser printers.Isn't that really interesting?
    Cheers
    Larry
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    man ...just waiting for DLP...it will surely Revolutionize everything we see on Screen...to something Real time image....just check..it
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Laser... Awesome.. *drools*

If the safety aspect is there, it should catch on quite quick!
  • Van Helsing
    Van Helsing
    It was announced for december 2007 in Europe, but I aven't seen it yet. It must be becouse off retailer have to sell all their LCD/plasma before starting on selling this novelty.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am presntly working wit one of my friend and dsigning a wheel assembly which can be attached to any ordinary car. wait,wait,wait....b4 thinkin somthin I'll tell U wat exactly...
Could anybody plz suggest a source of very comprehensive material on Computer Organisation.esp for GATE prep. ?
CEans lets discuss about the problem of storage of hydrogen which 1kg of hydrgen takes 11.2 m^3 of space(approx.). Please share your views, ideas (also those vague and crazy ones).
I've the feeling that all our technology, if ever we have ever had valuable one, is going down the sink. This is of many reasons I'd like to discuss with...
CEans, How many of you know that Microsoft Research has launched World Wide Telescope software? I guess its worth a try [only if your system supports it] Here's what Microsoft...