Laser-Induced Plasma Channel (LIPC) hurls Lightning at will

If one can hurl lightning precisely at targets one can have the weapon of Greek Gods and Startrk heroes.
Scientists and engineers at Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey have done precisely that. Using LIPC, Laser-Induced Plasma Channel, they create a thin line of plasma, which acts as a conductor for the Lightning bolt. Laser beams work like pointers at presentations.

In LIPC extremely powerful Laser beams with extremely short pulse widths are used to create the plasma.
More here: Designfax – Technology for OEM Design Engineers

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

guys please anyone can give me some information or links for DRY ICE BLASTING, and electro static braking. please.
Covering things from GPS controlled Mortars, helmet sensors, to manned-Unmanned teaming software software and much more shows how IT has pervaded mundane military practice. https://www.designfax.net/cms/dfx/opens/article-view-dfx.php?nid=4&bid=202&et=featurearticle&pn=04
Firstly, i am introducing my self. I am Hamlet(Nick name). A Civil Engineering Last year student from Bangladesh. I am also a blogger. I have several blogs(home improvement, Family and...
I have a transformer with a center tap secondary. Currently, I just connected the primary to the sector (with a switch and a fuse, of course). After taking some readings...
Recently looking at the very fast development in Ubuntu, I've switched myself from Mint to Ubuntu (Fedora is still a hottest OS for me). Being honest,I am enjoying it.Something in...