laptop is shutting down automatically

My laptop is shutting down automatically(some times only).

i hv vista and 120GB hard,1GB ram.
no cooling pad,and i did a virus scan.
so dont know Y????πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
wt can be the problem????

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Laptops shut down automatically,unexpectedly when there is a heat problem(overheating)
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    mahesh_dahale
    Laptops shut down automatically,unexpectedly when there is a heat problem(overheating)

Thx πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜
    so wt can i do..
    how can i check the fans are working properly(speed)
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    shutting down properly or just goes to off?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I think check whether someone has not applied any trick on you computer
    like this shutdown -s -t 10
    if this happens you compter will automatically shutdown after 10 sec
    to remove this type shutdown -a in your command prompt
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    shutting down properly and completly
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Might be a virus problem.., start xp in safe mode &check whether it is shutting down as you said..
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    If it is work properly in safe mode tell me..
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    goyal420
    I think ..there is file named user.init in system 32 in windows...
    I think it has been corrupted or someone has deleted it...
    if this this is problem you have to re-install the windows

ok ill try that......ThxπŸ˜€
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    If it is overheating, you should be able to feel the heat coming off it. You should also avoid resting it on your lap, and instead put it on a flat surface (not carpet) and make sure the vents aren't blocked.

clean out the fan and heat sink

@ goyal420:- That trick will show the window with counter
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    ms_cs
    Might be a virus problem.., start xp in safe mode &check whether it is shutting down as you said..

ok i hv vista.....anyway ill try safe mood...thxπŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    ms_cs

no itz not working . i think heat is the problem
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    sratiyala
    ok i hv vista.....anyway ill try safe mood...thxπŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    there is nothing like safe mood in vista I think, πŸ˜‰

goyal : where is the file user.init located. I could not find it..
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    ms_cs

no itz not working in that way . i think heat is the problem
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    ms_cs
    there is nothing like safe mood in vista I think, πŸ˜‰ goyal : where is the file user.init located. I could not find it..

no there is safe mood in vista..πŸ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    There is a file in system32 check it userinit.exe
    but i think that should not be the problem...because if there is some problem with this file then you computer will not start again until you re-install ..the window.infact it contnues to reboot automatically...
    any way check whether it is located there or not
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    mahesh_dahale
    If it is overheating, you should be able to feel the heat coming off it. You should also avoid resting it on your lap, and instead put it on a flat surface (not carpet) and make sure the vents aren't blocked.

clean out the fan and heat sink

@ goyal420:- That trick will show the window with counter
    thx but i didnt get this"goyal420"

so can u plz tell me whats it???
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    goyal420
    There is a file in system32 check it userinit.exe
    but i think that should not be the problem...because if there is some problem with this file then you computer will not start again until you re-install ..the window.infact it contnues to reboot automatically...
    any way check whether it is located there or not
    "userinit.exe" is in there...THX anyway... πŸ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    i don't know about vista, but in when i used to have XP, my laptop used to shutdown instantly (due to heating issues), no warnings..Also i could feel the heat, I thought I could actually cook an egg!! 😁

Install a utility to monitor your processor temp, etc (like motherboard monitor)..if the temp hovers around 60-65 max then you don't have any heating issues, however if it touches 80 degrees or thereabouts, you have a problem...

You can get a local cooling pad (with 2-3 fans) for about INR 400 - 500/-..I got one by APC, it is for INR 1500/-. But there is a lot of difference in build quality.
  • sratiyala
    sratiyala
    mad_scientist
    i don't know about vista, but in when i used to have XP, my laptop used to shutdown instantly (due to heating issues), no warnings..Also i could feel the heat, I thought I could actually cook an egg!! 😁

Install a utility to monitor your processor temp, etc (like motherboard monitor)..if the temp hovers around 60-65 max then you don't have any heating issues, however if it touches 80 degrees or thereabouts, you have a problem...

You can get a local cooling pad (with 2-3 fans) for about INR 400 - 500/-..I got one by APC, it is for INR 1500/-. But there is a lot of difference in build quality.

THx cooling pad is the solution na ..kk Thx

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here i will ask the punchlines of the companies Answer these questions For BUSINESS AWARENESS Here we Go:------- 1) Punjab National Bank 2) Singapore Airlines 3) Tata AIG Insurance 4)...
1. Infosys Without any doubt, Infosys can be termed as India’s most famous and world recognized IT company. Infosys Technologies Limited (NASDAQ: INFY) is an information technology (IT) company founded...
Can someone please explain what is an API in terms of the software application and OS. Though there are many articles avilable on the web, but yet can someone make...
i am sanjiv and pursuing be in 3rd year in ec branch . i have to do training in either vlsi design , chip designing or embeded system , but...
Hello, I am working on a project. And part of it concerns the switching regulator. I am using the MC34063 from OnSemiconductors. I plan to use it as a step...