Langkawi Sky Bridge

I found out about this bridge from a G+ post.

bridgesphotos36โ€‹

Wikipedia has very little information:
Langkawi Sky Bridge is a 125 metres (410 ft) curved pedestrian Cable Stayed Bridge in Malaysia. It is located 700 metres (2,300 ft) above sea level at the peak of #-Link-Snipped-# on #-Link-Snipped-#, an island in the Langkawi archipelago in Kedah. The last scene of Indian movie Don: The Chase Begins Again was filmed here. The Langkawi Sky Bridge is accessible by the Langkawi Cable Car.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ofcourse a must watch for the video:

And Zoom++ Map โ€” Google Sightseeing
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEan Ash should post more photographs of this place. I totally missed visiting it during my trip to Malaysia.

By the way, how is the bridge supported? Looks quite an amazing bridge design though ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    CEan Ash should post more photographs of this place. I totally missed visiting it during my trip to Malaysia.

By the way, how is the bridge supported? Looks quite an amazing bridge design though ๐Ÿ˜€
    Wow. That would be great to see some more pictures of the bridge.
    Next time don't miss it. ๐Ÿ˜

I was quite amazed to see the bridge, what a beautiful way to construct a passage for people living in the nearby place there.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    It is being supported by the cables...maybe pre-stressed to take that amount of load. ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll look into it and see what i can contribute to the discussion here ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi there.. i'm looking for source regarding voice distrotion...anyone??...what i means any ebook where i can refer..thanks..
Here is a link to some Awesome Bridges. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜‰ https://www.inspiremonkey.com/2011/12/40-breathtaking-and-bizarre-bridges-photographs/
The tower under construction at Mumbai, if completed by 2016 stands a chance to become the world's second tallest building; while the top rank is still claimed by Dubai's Burj...
The gadget fans are eagerly waiting for the unveiling of the next iPad and the rumors have surfaced again. The latest 'discoveries' reveal that the iPad 3 will have a...
The Iran Pakistan India Gas pipeline project seems quite interesting also known as IPI or Peace Pipeline project. From what I read in Wikipedia, the pipeline was first proposed back...