LabVIEW Based Smart-ATV(All Terrain Vehicle)

Project Abstract / Summary : INTRODUCTION
Our project deals with an optimized method of building an independent ATV with manual and automatic control techniques with wireless mode of control and monitoring, using LabVIEW as the developing platform.
[​IMG]
THE SETUP
The four wheeled robot mechanism, employs differential motor speed control. The concept of obstacle avoidance and autonomous movement is achieved by designing with three IR proximity sensors to detect obstacles and move accordingly based on the “left hand on wall” technique. Wireless transmission technique would be incorporated for data transfer and control from the main station. The monitoring duties would be taken care by the camera mounted in the front and this would be assisted by a head light to provide proper lightning effects.[​IMG]
The user is given the option to switch to autonomous mode. The robot moves along the path with the assistance from the proximity sensors. The proximity sensors are calibrated using LabVIEW. The programming logic based on the status of sensors is coded using flat sequence structure. When all the three sensors are in ON state i.e. When the three sides around the robot gets blocked , the robot takes a reverse motion and turns left or right based on the wall proximity . To implement this action a separate logic is programmed in autonomous mode control as a separate case structure.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : We decided to build a cost effective and efficient ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle), programmed to provide a platform for surveillance purpose, thus acting as a substitute for human in hazardous activities like mining, exploration, patrolling sensitive areas and for various applications that are at a safer distance. To monitor the movement of the robot through wireless mode of communication.
Possible Capabilities:
Our robotic platform for surveillance purpose can be extended to many applications where human life would be at stake:
1.The concept of surveillance can be extended to ‘Land Mine’ detection, just by incorporating a metal detector and high resolution camera along with the robot chassis developed.
2.In case of fire accident or smoke detection, the robot can be fitted with the respective sensor units, so that the information regarding the hazardous situation can be made available for the people.
3.The efficiency of the robotic movement can further be enhanced by using efficient intelligent control algorithms and servo motors.

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: BHARATI VIDYAPEETH' S COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
City: NEW DELHI
State: DELHI
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Title-VIDEO CAPTURING ROBOT Project Definition: A robot is a programmable machine that imitates the actions or appearance of an intelligent creature – usually a human....
Project Abstract / Summary : Through this project, child security against any abuse is ensured .The user is provided with the wearable gadget. Any threat that can possibly occur is...
This may be kindergarten stuff. No idea whatsoever. Friend Asif Adheni sent this. Some may find something relevant. Posted in Cafe as unsure of the level. https://www.ba-bamail.com/content.as...7VcAfu0PYSXnV8Sx6cl/EPXpPBAptYdKsRrXh0=&d=441
hii crazy engineers i am 2013 batch pass out from a private college after college i was wasted my 2 year in prepration of gate only n now waiting for...
hi guys, i am anik, i am persuing my btech. in mechatronics engineering and i want go for higher education(M.S).please give me some suggestions about colleges....plz plz..it will be a...