Know Your CEan - Shalini Goel

CEans,

She is one of the most active crazy engineers on CE. A software engineer by profession, she's got JAVA-solutions to most of the problems! CrazyEngineers community is proud to have her in the team. Our editor in chief, CEan- MayurPathak chatted with Shalini to know more about her -

Qn1: Shalini, you are a computer engineer from Roorkee, Uttaranchal (In North India). Tell us more about you and then the mountains.

Ans: Well, I can't believe today I am an engineer. Year 2001-2005 was the toughest part of my life until I got the job. I belong from a family where people don't prefer girl's education. They want them to get married as earlier as possible. My father was always an inspiration for me. Today also I can't forget his words "My daughters are my sons". Somewhere it was his dream that today I am an engineer. I have a story behind becoming an engineer. I wish once I achieve something in my life, I can share my story with the whole world. Right now hats off to my mother.

Coming to the Roorkee, unfortunately no mountains here, it lies in plains only and famous only for IIT Roorkee (Earlier Roorkee University) and military camp. If anyone want to see mountains go to Mussorie, Nainital, Pauri Garhwal, Haldwani, Rishikesh, Pantnagar, Dehradun etc. They all are in Uttaranchal only.

Qn2: You work in one of the largest Financial Software companies in the world. But I remember you were the one who wrote to me and biggie about your dissatisfaction with the job right? Tell us more about what you do, what you like and don't like about Oracle.

Ans: It is not the same company that I joined. Unfortunately, we have been taken over by a big software company which is mainly interested only our flagship product. I like only this new brand to be very honest and nothing else. The bigger the company is, the more bad policies they have. We are just a subsidiary of the bigger company that acquired us. I miss my old company.

Yes that was the only thing that made me to join this forum, but times change we have to fight with the problems. If you raise your voice and you are right and true, things will always go in your favour. Something like that happened with me also that even today I am working with the same company, same project and same bosses and satisfied with my work also. Even I feel finally it depends on us how we deal with any situation. There is no guarantee that I will not face that same situation again in any other company. So how many times, I will keep on switching from one company to another company when I know situation will be somewhat similar everywhere.

Qn3: You are the one who believes in living carefree. So what keeps you busy apart from work?

Ans: Making myself and others happy. I think there is always a life beyond work. Some live it with work only while some enjoy it. So I am among those who live and enjoy that part of life to the full extent, no stress of office work, only happy part of life. I forget about my office after I leave it.

Qn4: How is Bangalore?

Ans: Bangalore's moderate climate attracts me more. I found people here to be simple and innocent. I don't like people doing here north-south thing. Overall cost of living is too much here. Anyhow I love Bangalore after Roorkee.

Qn5: So when you bumped into CE's website, what was your first impression?

Ans: Its title attracted me towards it (Crazy Engineers). Mostly I have seen forums like Java forums, JavaScript forums, OTN forums etc. The Smalltalk on Home page with famous personalities like Guy Kawasaki, Dr. Bjarne Stroustrup , Johnathan Nightingale and many more increased my curiosity to know more about it. Later I came to know it is having sections for all engineering trades, help section, chit chat section and many more. That was wow and I could not resist myself from registering to this forum. You won't believe but this is the fact till now I have registered myself to only one forum. Others are left only for guest purposes.

Qn 6: When you say you want to make it big and get counted, why not as a politician with truthful approach and reformist policies?

Ans: To be very honest I hate politics .Anyways good suggestion, but would be good if I approach it after gaining some experiences from life. I would really like to do some reform policies with my money and efforts in my old age.

Qn7: Don't you think good politicians are the need of the hour?

Ans: I feel good leader is the need of the hour rather than the politicians. "Politicians work for the money and leaders work for the public", that is what I believe.

Qn8: Anyway, here are the quickies :

- Intelligent and Honest CEans (name as many as you like):

Honest till now I found are: raj87verma88 and godfather

- Intelligent are many: The_Big_K, kidakaka, mayurpathak, ash, maro, frodo.rok, electron1112, Differential, durga, SilverScorpion, docel, crazyboy....list is not ending sorry.

- One thing you would like to change in CE (including the administrator and the Editor πŸ˜€ ):

Administrator and the CE editors are the only two roles that role-players are doing well. No changes for them. They know better ways of doing their job. You have asked only for one thing I would like to change many things in CE but unfortunately you have asked for one. So in one sentence I would like to make its members more and more active. Few suggestions I have (its your wish keep it or ignore it)

CE moderators: I think they can edit posts. So they should edit sms text language posts also if the author of that post do not edit. After all they have been given a responsibility of making forum clean.

CE ambassadors: They should chase new members themselves. They should take the initiative rather than only answering to the queries of those who asked.

I would like to have a separate Help tab just like Menu and Search which will display an article showing how to explore more and more features of CE along with screenshots(most important). This may help in making new members who are just school students to get more and more active and using the site to the full extent.

Every time when images/videos are not seen, a blank red cross icon type should be displayed so that reader gets an idea that some image part is missing and post make some sense for him.

-If not an engineer, you would be?

I will answer this question from two angles:

MSc in Mathematics graduate pursuing for some research in that field.
Or
A part time social worker House-wife with kids.

- Given a chance and a shoe, who would you like to hit (aka George Bush)?

Seriously I don't like hurting others physically. If I want to hurt anyone I do that with words only. Let me throw this shoe for all eve-teasers.

- Where do you see yourself 30 years from now?

At the front page of any business magazine or newspapers.

Qn9: Last but not the least, imagine this- you are given 24 hours and a choice to choose any role, any profession and any resources (including money) in the world. What will you do with it and why?

Ans: Good question but quite tough, I would like to play a 3 in 1 role and would like to have a school –cum-college-cum-Organization. So in 24 hrs I can't make it possible but would like to plan for it in a day and would invest all the money given somewhere to make it grow more until this plan of 3cum organization get started. Resources will also be kept for future use. I would like to be Principal/Dean/CEO of that Organization (3 in 1 role). I would like to make a school where my made education system is allowed. No CBSE/ICSE boards. The students of my school will get admissions in my college only, so no more tensions of getting ranks in competitions. After getting college degrees, they will get job in my organization only. In short everything will be my made and most important students and employees selection from the starting and of course teachers also will be only my decision. No upper caste and lower caste thing, no references will work. Only talented and capable people will be allowed. I will do this to make my country better and reducing lot of pressure taken in student life. Simple reason.

At last, Thanks for giving me a chance. I enjoyed answering the questions and liked your last question.

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Nice interview Shalini. Quite a good job Mayur. It is good to know more about our fellow CEans.
    And Shalini thank you for pointing out about the 'sms language'. We will see what can be done.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, I'm not honest? *sniff*

I'm glad the role of CE Moderator has narrowed down. Now I can chill.. just a bit *grin*

I'm thinking the tasks of things like writing tutorials and guides can be now done by the CE Ambassadors too πŸ˜€ Can some of you continue with the screencasts please? It'll be nice to finally complete them. It'll complement the "screenshots" that you had mentioned.

Click-> #-Link-Snipped-#

We also presently have a CE Documentation project, so it's probably high time we finish that too.

Click-> #-Link-Snipped-#

This was a great interview, by the way. Good luck with your dreams and aspirations, Shalini!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Wow 😁. Feeling good today after seeing my name at CE' s Home Page though as a Know Your CEan. πŸ˜‰

Many Thanks mayurpathak for considering me eligible for this section.

@raj87verma88 : Thanks for good words 😁. I guess you are a moderator now na then why your name is not seen along with other 2 moderators in below area of every section (where guests and currently active users are seen πŸ˜•). While answering I assumed to be as an Editor. Please don't mind if I talked something rude for moderators.

@ash: Thanks for good wishes. Don't mind but I have mentioned "Honest till now I found:" .May be you are not so open at forum that i couldn't find your honesty till now. By the way you are the most intelligent person here.

PS: Anyways one more person is added in honest people list: frod.rok
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    she's got JAVA-solutions to most of the problems
    Wondering at this self added line. πŸ˜•
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Cool interview!!! very informative,replies from here seems CE ambassadors are not performing duties responsibility,well to some extent thats true but we have been thrusted with some duties,ofcourse chasing new member new members is ambitious but yes we will definately take initiative you will see the change soon.
    As fo now,keep up your tempo,m sure you will acheive what you want to achieve!!!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    sauravgoswami
    Cool interview!!! very informative,replies from here seems CE ambassadors are not performing duties responsibility,well to some extent thats true but we have been thrusted with some duties,ofcourse chasing new member new members is ambitious but yes we will definately take initiative you will see the change soon.
    As fo now,keep up your tempo,m sure you will acheive what you want to achieve!!!
    Thanks for the reply Sir but PLEASE DON'T MIND if you stop using sms language in your text, it will be of great help to moderators and new CEans who learn only from multi starrer CEans. Take your time in typing but try to type full text.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    Wondering at this self added line. πŸ˜•
    Pardon my little creativity. I've seen you mentioning if 'java' program would do where CEans were asking for CE Program.

Very good answers and very good questions.

[PS: Why do you think I'm not honest, Shalini? πŸ˜” ]
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Pardon me,but i try my best to avoid it here actually am bad in typing...lets hope with time the concept of CE ambassador will be cleared!!!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    Pardon my little creativity. I've seen you mentioning if 'java' program would do where CEans were asking for CE Program.

Very good answers and very good questions.

[PS: Why do you think I'm not honest, Shalini? πŸ˜” ]
    1. Sorry, I couldn't get what is CE program? I don't think so I have solved any problem here till now.πŸ˜‰

2. Thanks for good words.

3. "Why do you think I'm not honest, Shalini? ". Sorry I don't have answer for it. If I will find you honest ever I will add you in the list.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shalini_goel14
    @ash: Thanks for good wishes. Don't mind but I have mentioned "Honest till now I found:" .May be you are not so open at forum that i couldn't find your honesty till now.
    Haha, yeah, the "old" ash used to be more open. I remember having around 6 posts per day when I first joined.. before I took a few months off CE πŸ˜‰ Now I'm a little cynical at times, perhaps.

I can vouch for Biggie's "honesty". Just read his blog πŸ˜‰

Speaking of roles (sorry for hijacking this thread, Shalini), I propose we have some sort of rotation after a while. I think its a good idea to be exposed to different roles over time. Patty being moderator is a start. I don't mind being an "editor" or "ambassador".. maybe after a few months.

Ok, back to the interview. Regarding the 3 in 1 institute, it's quite an interesting concept. You won't allow other college students and workers to join, even if they are very capable?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Relax guys 😁 !

@ Shalini : Sorry for Typo. I meant 'C' program; not CE program.

@ Ash : So far CE has been small. I see that we'll need more moderators in coming months. I believe each one of us plays a similar role; unlike in a corporate office. So a moderator is an ambassador, editor; an ambassador is an editor/moderator etc. Its just that we've different permissions. I'm planning to extend the editing permissions to most of our core members who are active on CE.

The titles provide special recognition to our core team CEans on CE.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    @ Ash : So far CE has been small. I see that we'll need more moderators in coming months. I believe each one of us plays a similar role; unlike in a corporate office. So a moderator is an ambassador, editor; an ambassador is an editor/moderator etc. Its just that we've different permissions. I'm planning to extend the editing permissions to most of our core members who are active on CE.

The titles provide special recognition to our core team CEans on CE.
    Biggie, IMHO, I think the titles would be more meaningful only if the roles were more specialized πŸ˜€

If we are overlapping the roles (which is a good idea), it's better to have one unified title called Core Team or the like. It'll be confusing to members (or those wishing to correspond with us) on who to contact or delegate work to if otherwise. So as an "active" Core Team member, one has to carry out moderation, editorial and ambassadorial tasks. That'll be more straight forward πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. Let me think about this. You have a good point.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Hey nice to know about you Shalini 😁

and will keep in minf your suggestions for ambassadors as well πŸ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    Haha, yeah, the "old" ash used to be more open. I remember having around 6 posts per day when I first joined.. before I took a few months off CE πŸ˜‰ Now I'm a little cynical at times, perhaps.
    Honesty: Let me explain my definition for honesty to all. 'I feel those are honest who speak their mind and heart without caring for others impressions over it.' Please don't mind if it hurted anyone but I was honest in my answers. Reasons for honesty of few people:
    raj87verma88 -> I liked his answer in one of the 'honesty best policy'thread. His honesty in speaking his pranksters and expressions of jealous somewhere I guess. He didn't care for other's impressions over this.
    godfather -> He discussed his personal life -detained from college , girlfriend and blah blah..this was his honesty.
    frod.rok ->Unlike charumathi, he posted his article in 'Write to Win contest' and gave the honest reference and answers.

ash
    I can vouch for Biggie's "honesty". Just read his blog πŸ˜‰
    I have already seen Big_K's blog. After reading I got one word for him 'Angry young man' . So no comments for anything. He is very dangerous.

ash
    Speaking of roles (sorry for hijacking this thread, Shalini), I propose we have some sort of rotation after a while. I think its a good idea to be exposed to different roles over time. Patty being moderator is a start. I don't mind being an "editor" or "ambassador".. maybe after a few months.
    Hey never go for rotation system, we have faced problems from it always. No doubt you can learn more from rotation but it doesn't give efficient output as it could without rotation. Even my seniors say 'It is always better to be a master of one rather than jack of all trades'.

ash
    Ok, back to the interview. Regarding the 3 in 1 institute, it's quite an interesting concept. You won't allow other college students and workers to join, even if they are very capable?
    Oh no I can never do this by mistake also. My school-cum-college-cum organization will have all capable people only. Well I feel everyone is capable (has atleast one talent) just someone need to take care for it.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    shalini_goel14
    @raj87verma88 : Thanks for good words 😁. I guess you are a moderator now na then why your name is not seen along with other 2 moderators in below area of every section (where guests and currently active users are seen πŸ˜•). While answering I assumed to be as an Editor. Please don't mind if I talked something rude for moderators.
    After I had posted my reply I realized that the words may be taken in a negative way. No, You didn't say anything rude or wrong about the moderators. It is just that it never occurred to me that I can edit the post if it is not in a proper format. But if we think from another point of view, if I edit the post then will the other person learn. and it might happen that some more CEans my also start writing unedited posts in SMS lingo, beleaving that the mods will edit it for them. We will have to think a betterr way.
    And thanks for featuring me in the honest club. Honestly, I don't believe I am honest and wanted to ask you why I am featured there but you have already answered this question in an earlier post.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    raj87verma88
    But if we think from another point of view, if I edit the post then will the other person learn. and it might happen that some more CEans my also start writing unedited posts in SMS lingo, beleaving that the mods will edit it for them. We will have to think a betterr way.
    I have a better way, just deduct their stars and give them a private message warning. Thats all, then you see the difference.πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We can't warn/scare new members you know. In India, SMS lingo is a sign that you are 'cool/hip dude/dudette'. What I do not like is the casual approach in asking questions. Anyway.

I have already seen Big_K's blog. After reading I got one word for him 'Angry young man' . So no comments for anything. He is very dangerous.
    :evil::evil: Have you ever seen me getting angry? :evil:
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    shalini_goel14
    Honesty: Let me explain my definition for honesty to all. 'I feel those are honest who speak their mind and heart without caring for others impressions over it.' Please don't mind if it hurted anyone but I was honest in my answers. Reasons for honesty of few people:
    Ah, I understand πŸ˜€ Thats good, but sometimes silence is golden I guess. One can also be "honest" but offensive and insulting, so keep those kind of opinions to oneself. If that ever happens on CE to anyone here.. *hovers over ban button*

ROFL! ahahaha

Hey never go for rotation system, we have faced problems from it always. No doubt you can learn more from rotation but it doesn't give efficient output as it could without rotation. Even my seniors say 'It is always better to be a master of one rather than jack of all trades'.
    Ah.. as biggie said, we don't want to make this forum like a corporate place. Everything we do here is voluntary.. and any bit of experience will help and benefit us in the long run πŸ˜€

But as for that quote, I'm certainly the latter type. Gives my life more variety and fun πŸ˜‰

Oh no I can never do this by mistake also. My school-cum-college-cum organization will have all capable people only. Well I feel everyone is capable (has at least one talent) just someone need to take care for it.
    I see.. so it is totally closed to public eh? This concept is certainly interesting to ponder on. Like, are the students bounded by contract from the beginning too, so that they cannot work for anyone else BUT this organization? That would make sense if it was so.

@ patty
    There was once an old incident where there was some conflicts between members. That's probably the worse case scenario for Moderators to handle πŸ˜” In that situation, editing/deleting posts was really considered (from my perspective, anyway).

Other that, and removing spam content, there is no need to edit posts to fix sms language. Some light reprimanding will do πŸ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    @shalini : you are a very good critic

@big_k : how can a single person be everything,questions are raised when in handling a single responsibility by a single person,anyhow what ash suggested is quite possible.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Nice discussion going on here. Anyway, time for me to peek my nose in.

All- I think Ash's suggestion of rotating the roles is a good idea. Every one should get an opportunity to learn as well as to identify themselves in a role. But then again, this is voluntary so we need people to take responsibility with both hands. I think except for admin, all other roles are rotate-able. We might as well have a vote system and let the members choose their leader/moderator/ambassador/editor etc. Let there be democracy.

The existing ambassadors and editors are doing a good job. But we need to understand that they are new to the role and will take time to settle in.

Anyway, on a lighter note, Patty its nice to know that you are an honest hooligan 😁

Biggie, as much as I know about your blog, I think you are the first friend and last critic whom I would want to comment on any thing I do. Angry young man? I dont think so. You are more like the high profile news guys (Prabhu Chawla, Karan Thapar and others) who grill and fleece head honchos in front of 10 million people watching live.

Oh yes, great interview Shalini. I enjoyed your answers.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    mayurpathak
    I think except for admin, all other roles are rotate-able.
    No chance for admin? shucks πŸ˜” *throws future plans out of the window*

πŸ˜›
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    No chance for admin? shucks πŸ˜” *throws future plans out of the window*

πŸ˜›
    Oh well I know you are an 'honest' guy ash. May be Biggie can be generous?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, if only I can get Asin's number for him. That'll be my best chance for POWER! *evil laugh*

... I mean, best chance for a good learning experience.. ya know.. for the future workplace πŸ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Sometimes back biggie was consedering VRS.....but i dont think the time is right he is our bishma-pitamah(character from mahabharata ) here who is always deliver when needed.
    As for voting,i dont consider as it is not practised in forums or communities for selection of a said post.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I'm glad to know that shalini is 'She', not so often to find a girl interested in the thing.

@mayur: Democracy is what the ruler of the ruled thing wish it to be, after taking the ruled ones opinions not endorsing this opinions to be fullfilled.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    Well, if only I can get Asin's number for him. That'll be my best chance for POWER!
    It looks like an option. Well Mr.Ash you have a competitor here. Lets see which one of us will get the number first.
    Or we can ban the admin....:sshhh:πŸ˜›:sshhh:πŸ˜›
  • frodo.rok
    frodo.rok
    @ Shalini
    Nice Interview. I like your perception. Your views are integrated, your bieng carefree, not liking politics and that defination of honesty everything shows you know yourself well and you are a steady head like those mountains which you do not have in Roorkee, so dont wory as long as people like you are there, there is no need of mountains.:smile:

Anyway thanks for appreciating me.
    Personaly I think you are more intelligent and honest than me, because of the questions you have asked me are obvious ones and this questions came from a software engineer(you). This is an amazing thing for me because I will not be able to question any article about software or computer etc.

But one thing I dont undrstand about the School/Colledge/Organization Idea of yours, that is what your organization will do?
    Will it be a software organization or hardware?
    Will it provide service or product?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    raj87verma88
    Or we can ban the admin....:sshhh:πŸ˜›:sshhh:πŸ˜›
    No luck, I've tried doing that before.

*grin*

I think this is a most fastest growing thread ever! Though, most are off topic. Sorry Shalini πŸ˜›

Since frodo also has interest in the 3 in 1 idea, lets discuss more on it πŸ˜€
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Except the first page and half of the second page, all other posts are off topic. Let us make a separate thread about this discussion. We won't want to encroach on Shalini's thread. It is not fair.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    raj87verma88
    Except the first page and half of the second page, all other posts are off topic. Let us make a separate thread about this discussion. We won't want to encroach on Shalini's thread. It is not fair.
    Lets go here instead:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

*evil laugh*
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    An interesting option.
    I like your solution.
    We will discuss and have a jive.
    And make it look like a beehive.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    It gives me immense pleasure in telling that all people invloved in this thread are so GOOD. Thanks to all for you so good words. 😁.

@sauravgoswami : I just speak truth ,straightforward and honestly and people call it critic. I think somewhere "Truth is bitter".

@ash: People like you are most welcome to my 3-cum organization(Right now in dreams only). You said you are cynical. This is honesty. Finally you accepted the fact. So you are also added in my honesty club.Congrats. You and mayurpathak vouch on Big_K's honesty so he is also included in my honesty club.Honest refers a honest personally.πŸ˜€

@frodo.rok: About my organization-> It can be anything what my students will like or my employees will like. They will be given full liberty to try anything.

@Maro :
    I'm glad to know that shalini is 'She',
    Ha ha ha..

@mayurpathak: Yes Big_K and mayurpathak are generous. You two are the ones whom we can trust.

@Big_K: I am sorry if I have hurted you anywhere calling 'Angry young man' but my intentions were not like that. I have mostly seen you talking rudely to newbies here and commenting on others in your blog and showing your frustration. Well, all 5 fingers of a hand are not same.Sorry πŸ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Big_K: I am sorry if I have hurted you anywhere calling 'Angry young man' but my intentions were not like that. I have mostly seen you talking rudely to newbies here and commenting on others in your blog and showing your frustration. Well, all 5 fingers of a hand are not same.Sorry :sad:
    Umph! The bad word spreads faster. πŸ˜”
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Oh who said, it is a bad word. It is not bad at all. Even I also get angry, people know it but I never take it as a bad word. πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    So you are also added in my honesty club.Congrats.
    Ah, thanks πŸ˜›

The_Big_K
    Umph! The bad word spreads faster. πŸ˜”
    See? Thats why you should never mention CE when flirting with girls πŸ˜‰

But in all seriousness, though it might seem a little harsh to reprimand some newbies, it is a necessary thing at times. Without a doubt, a lot of new members are a little spoiled and demand spoon feeding. We do not want engineers to be like that. We want engineers who are proactive and creative! πŸ˜€

Sometimes it talks a jolt to bring someone back down to earth. But, they would usually be glad it was done.. since it was for their own benefit!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Ok I agree, but talking rudely to someone in his/her first post, is it good?hmm .πŸ˜€ Anyways, its your wish. You have fundamental right to do anything . Who am I to interfere in your work.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ok I agree, but talking rudely to someone in his/her first post, is it good?hmm .:smile: Anyways, its your wish. You have fundamental right to do anything . Who am I to interfere in your work.
    Don't say that, please. CE is what it is because of CEans. Let me assure you, none of the mods like to shout at people; just because we can and get away with it.

If a new license holder jumps the signal for the first time, should the cop let him/her go? The shouts that you see come after warnings through profile messages/ private messages; which no one else sees.

Well, I admit at times I lose my temper. There is a big notice displayed to all the new members on the top informing them not to use SMS text, provide appropriate details/title along with their queries etc. I've been criticized a lot for shouting at new members for using the SMS text. I usually send a reminder through profile/private message. However there are people who ignore those messages and continue to post. We (admin/mods) can't edit each and every post or change the thread titles. Such members get a 'shout' on the forums. Some improve, some just leave.

Typical example: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Guys... we are supposed to discuss Shalini's interview here. Dont you think? We have the long thread to pull each others legs. So take a detour and head over there.

PS: By the way, Shalini its good that Biggie reprimands the new bees. Had it been me, the CE count would have reduced by a quarter πŸ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    OK Guys !!!, SORRY my mistake. Close the discussion here Please.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    OK Guys !!!, SORRY my mistake. Close the discussion here Please.
    Looks like people have taken me seriously.πŸ˜”
  • Differential
    Differential
    Well.....nice interview. Intelligent questions and brilliant answers.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Thanks for the good words Diffrential 😁. Credit of intelligent questions go to mayurpathak. Hope you will understand more the responsibilities of CE ambassador.πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Superb Answers there Shalini...

One of the Best Interview i had ever seen
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Thanks a ton godfather.😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shalini_goel14

godfather -> He discussed his personal life -detained from college , girlfriend and blah blah..this was his honesty.
    Because of Friendly And supportive environment of CE i had share those Things
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Very true even I also like friendly and supportive environment of CE. It is like my friend now.😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shalini_goel14
    Very true even I also like friendly and supportive environment of CE. It is like my friend now.😁
    You dont think that you have to change avatar now 😁
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    godfather
    You dont think that you have to change avatar now 😁
    Didn't get you πŸ˜•. What is the relation of Avatar here. You don't like my current avatar? If not tell me of any of your choice I will put that.πŸ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I think he means that you should be putting your pic in the avatar. I may be wrong though.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    (sandy here , since my user name dont have my name) i just joined the group and read the interview,awesome questions and answers.
    shalini am pretty much impressed by your answers.
    Mayur sir excellent , did you jump here from CNBCπŸ˜› excellent.
    And the last question and last answer are terrific.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    πŸ˜’
    Awe! You guys flatter me. No I'm not out of CNBC. They are my clients :sshhh::sshhh:

Thank you for the praise, but it was really Shalini who steals the show here. Boy, Shalini you are already a superhit!

PS: For the last time I'm telling you guys, Please stop calling me Sir!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    πŸ˜‰ I admit I love to have 'Sir' in front of my name πŸ˜‰ . Queen Elizabeth - are you listening?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    You have already been knighted biggie.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Really?

-Sir The Big K.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Yep. I did it. Remember?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    raj87verma88
    I think he means that you should be putting your pic in the avatar. I may be wrong though.
    Oh i forgot this no Shalini Just Put Some Awesome Avatar That Impress much as your interview. nothing else :sshhh:
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    mayurpathak
    Boy, Shalini you are already a superhit!
    I guess people here are getting confused with my avatar at CE home page.πŸ˜‰ . If they will see me real all will run away.Guys to correct you all, its not me. I am totally different from that pic.

The_Big_K
    . Queen Elizabeth - are you listening?
    Who is Queen Elizabeth here? If it is me, Please don't make fun of Elizabeth, I am not at all comparable to her πŸ˜‰.

godfather
    Oh i forgot this no Shalini Just Put Some Awesome Avatar That Impress much as your interview. nothing else :sshhh:
    You tell me whose pic you want.Let me guess yours is Amrita so I should put that of 'Rajeev Khandelwal' Is it?πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shalini - read this -> Queen Of England
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Who is Queen Elizabeth here? If it is me, Please don't make fun of Elizabeth, I am not at all comparable to her πŸ˜‰.

The_Big_K
    Shalini - read this -> Queen Of England
    Oh really embarassed 😳. I think I was flying in sky after getting so good words for my answers.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Flying in sky? haha!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shalini_goel14
    I guess people here are getting confused with my avatar at CE home page.πŸ˜‰ . If they will see me real all will run away.Guys to correct you all, its not me. I am totally different from that pic.

😁

You tell me whose pic you want.Let me guess yours is Amrita so I should put that of 'Rajeev Khandelwal' Is it?πŸ˜‰
    NO prob if you go with Shahid
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    godfather
    NO prob if you go with Shahid
    ok as your wish, check my new avatar. Even I also like Shahid and Amrita match. Isn't it ? By the way Rajiv is also handsome .His height is too good πŸ˜‰.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Thanks Shalini πŸ˜‰
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    good interview taken Mayur....nice to know about you Shalini...and I know it feels awsome to see yourself in Homepage...many of us have experienced it too.....God bless & may all your dreams come true
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    just2rock
    God bless & may all your dreams come true
    Thanks for the good wishes J2R. I really need them from now onwards.πŸ˜‰
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Hey, you are bumping your own KYCEan. Trying to be the center of attraction..hmmmmm.πŸ˜‰
    Just KiddingπŸ˜›
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    raj87verma88
    Hey, you are bumping your own KYCEan. Trying to be the center of attraction..hmmmmm.πŸ˜‰
    Just KiddingπŸ˜›
    No today only I saw that J2R Sir has posted here, so I was just replying to it.😐 Got late in reply πŸ˜” Its not like that any "center of attraction" kind of thing. I am happy to be at place where I am right now. 😐
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Yeah sure. I think I will go and check my own KYCEan and answer some unanswered posts. I was just pulling your leg. Nothing to feel sad about.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Nice SmallTalk...
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    shalini_goel14
    I am happy to be at place where I am right now. 😐
    Where are you now πŸ˜‰
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @raj I rarely mind for any thing. πŸ˜‰

@ms_cs Thanks for good words πŸ˜€

@J2R My place varies from person to person πŸ˜‰ so you can assign me any place. I am happy at the lowermost and corner level also. πŸ˜€
  • arihant007
    arihant007
    Good to know that even you are a bangalorean. πŸ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    arihant007
    Good to know that even you are a bangalorean. πŸ˜€
    I am not a bangalorean till now but yes currently here only and looking forward to get settle here only soon. πŸ˜€

Are you in Bangalore? So let's have meet this weekend? πŸ˜‰
  • arihant007
    arihant007
    shalini_goel14
    I am not a bangalorean till now but yes currently here only and looking forward to get settle here only soon. πŸ˜€

Are you in Bangalore? So let's have meet this weekend? πŸ˜‰
    yup. No Problemo.

And since how long you've been here?

As long as you here enjoy your stay in my city. πŸ˜‰
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Cool so send me your brief intro and contact no through PM, lets meet [ not CE meet 😐 ] this weekend [hmm..not sure] , ok next weekend.
  • arihant007
    arihant007
    check PM...
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    arihant007
    check PM...
    Replied...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😎 please send me some mini project topics based on electronics & communication.
i had this doubt of whether sonar tech concept could be used with other low frequency waves other than that btw 20hz to 20000hz. if it could be used how...
m doing my b.engg in electical engineering.. And i would be applying as a transfer student.my c gpa is arnd 2.8 with few backs which i cleared. . Actully i...
I was surfing internet yesterday when I came across the popular site, JaagoRe. Well I really think the guys have done and are doing a great job. They make the...
πŸ˜› Dear friends, give me some idea about both gear shifting and clutch movement in two wheelers using hands πŸ˜•