Know Your CEan - Leo

Hello CEans,

We have our friend, the computer geek #-Link-Snipped-# answering the questions this time. 😀 Leo is on CE since past 6 months and has enriched our forum with a lot of intuitive and informative posts. We look forward to Leo climbing the CE titles soon enough. 😀 Read ahead to know more about him.

CE: Hi Leo, you are a Crazy Computer engineer, tell us more about yourself.
Leo:
My real name is Nrupen Masram, I completed my B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from Government Science of Engineering, Amravati, Maharashtra. As a student I never loved making any new codes and I was always interested in modifying the original source code. My favorite task was always to explore internal system, which helped me become first guy in college who was able to crash and exploit both Linux and Windows system, now acts as base for me to study computer security. Being honest I never really loved writing new source codes, I only loved modifying the previously written code, I think this might be the reason why though I am not a good coder I always got praise from people.

CE: How did you get introduced to CrazyEngineers (CE)?

Leo: Kunal Satao is one of my batch mates, who first introduced me to Crazy Engineers. According to him I was mad and silly as an Engineering Student and he wanted me to learn something as I am going to become an Engineer. Of course this was his personal view all other students just used to say I am little different from group.

CE: Why did you take up computers your engineering trade? What do you like the most about it?
Leo: I was 7 when I first saw computer, for me it was something amazing thing. Actually until I came to Computer Science field, I had not even touched computer but I was knowing a lot, which I learned from people who used to operate it in front of me. I somehow always knew that I am going to do something that has to do something with computers. When my time came to select, I opted nothing else than Computer Science. I can't really say what I like most in this field, I like each and every step in history that ever lead to evolution of computer and the things that will come in future. My interest grew to breaching security and protecting it while in 3rd year and I decided to take further study which can make me a Security Professional, so indirectly I can say this is what I like most.

4.Why the name 'Leo'? What do you like the most about yourself?
Leo: When I was trying out for user-name, Leo was the first thing that was available, so I kept it. The most I like about me is I love being me and advise all to love themselves.

CE: What is your favorite pass time?
Leo: Sit on my laptop then, surf, read or explore system. The most I can remember, I do only this when I want to to pass time, I hate watching TV.

CE: Who are your idols or inspirations?

Leo: I don't have Idols, because idol means something like whom you want to become, I love the way I am I don't want to like someone else. I only get inspired by people acting right at present, if you'll say are you inspired by some person from past, sorry not a single one.

CE: What is the biggest achievement in your life so far?
Leo: While in high school I started boxing as a fun, till higher secondary studies I did it for local gyms. In those 3 years I fought several fights but my nose is still intact, I think this is my biggest achievement because most of them who started with me or after me got their nose broken in less than a year. Ok, that might appear fun but being honest I believe everyday is an achievement and I can't distinguish which is biggest.

CE: The CE-Quickies:
1. Who are the best CEans according to you?
Leo: Vik, Mad Scientist and my new favorite is AJ.

2. If you are granted 3 wishes, what would you ask for?
Leo: I actually don't believe something like granting wishes, but if granted I'll just ask for ability to work harder and smarter than now, nothing else.

3. If you were not an engineer, you would be?
Leo: Professional Boxer or Martial Artist, in fact I never thought of becoming something else.

4. Your biggest blooper till date is?
Leo: Can't say.

5. A moment you can never forget.

Leo: Yet to come.

6. 5 years from now, you will…

Leo: After five years I want to see myself as good Corporate Computer and Information Security Professional.

CE: If you were a politician, what will your 5 year plan look like?

Leo: I hardly know anything about politics, so no comments.

CE: What do you want to say about CE?

Leo: When I first joined CE, I felt CE was actually built to evolve the theoretical mind set of students to become practical on studies, isn't dumb of me. By the way as I became regular, I feel CE is much bigger picture than anyone can ever imagine of, not even the one who started it can imagine, what we can really do is wait a little and enjoy upcoming rides.

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Me, Top 5, No way!!! Thanks Leo.....
    Nice interview and nice answers. I liked the idols and inspirations part. Different from others.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome KY . Enjoyed reading the interview. You make all of us proud! 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Nice interview buddy

Really enjoyed reading it

Being honest I never really loved writing new source codes, I only loved modifying the previously written code,
    Nice
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Very nice Interview!

CE will be big and doing wonders in coming years 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice Interview.
    Great going KYCEan 😀
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Good work😀 Totally from heart😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    Nice interview leo!!keep rocking😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I especially liked
    "CE: What do you want to say about CE?
    Leo: When I first joined CE, I felt CE was actually built to evolve the theoretical mind set of students to become practical on studies, isn't dumb of me. By the way as I became regular, I feel CE is much bigger picture than anyone can ever imagine of, not even the one who started it can imagine, what we can really do is wait a little and enjoy upcoming rides."
    I'm very much interested in knowing what makes you feel so? It actually is something we together can realize. I look forward to knowing your thoughts.

I also wish to ask others about their opinion about this.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Thank you guyz, thanks for being so nice to me.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    nice answers leo 👍 good work 😀
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hi Big_K, your question is real big to answer, I don't know ho to begin with, but I think you might remember this. When I first created my account on CE I was in college and I have to leave without activating it. Then I fall ill and so failed to clear my subjects but as I was ill my college granted me a second chance with a condition, I 'll not use college's network until I clear my subjects. After clearing my subjects, when I recalled I have an account on CE, I wanted it to get activated and so I sent you a message, that was actually my first e-mail to you. If you might recall, how frustrating it might to explain a silly fellow, how to activate a account. That was the day and now is the day, the difference is really big, isn't it. As I was always interested in computers I actually never went out of box even though I was on CE for several months. Then I saw some real active online debate section, which surely held some quality topics to go for. Next was the thing that I loved was online labs, this is one of the most innovative thing to ever come on someone's mind, I don't know how other Engineering trades have idea on it but I have some to post on and soon I'll do so and I hope you'll find it innovative.

For very first time when I saw VOICE section, I was surprised to see a title “Digital After Life” and this was one of the best thing I had ever read till now. If you can remember an article, “How much you are safe inside Windows.”. That was my first article on CE, the next one was, “When an alternative is available.”. That time you provided with me some tips and also invited me for some online event, but I don't know how it really happens whenever you ask me to do something, I already have another important thing to do, sorry if that happens frequently. Your tips always remain helpful, if you think I am joking, enter my name in Google and press enter. Next thing was reading blogs from CE members, personally I feel Pranav's blog is always awesome to read, if I don't comment that doesn't mean I don't read. I feel people here are real intellectual being and it's always good to learn from them. Why I personally feel Pranav writes good because when I read some of his articles, they make you feel thankful. The best I had read so far on his blog and like others to read are,

BSNL you are great.
    That's My Name
    Zero Mile Stone.

If you have read Ankita's blog you'll have loved to read “Discipline Not Overrated” and “Being Free”. Computer Idiot aka Rajan has recent and really cool post to share “Everything in this world is connected.”. I have my personal blog for friends and family, actually only my friends read it and my brother and sister, when I posted the article “The Rule Breaker” all of sudden I got so many hits, my counter code got mad and now shows some random number, I never bothered to correct it, it feels good to see those numbers. Whenever I had my look on project and seminars section, for the first time I felt people are out from college's limitation. There are several big things that are adding to student's as well as professional's IQ on CE every day they might know or not .

I don't know any of you have ever read Maro's blog or not, if you had then you'll know, a person can never act as complete intellectual being, the IQ is really big thing and always counted with respect to world. The world's IQ is made up of IQs of all intellectual and stupid human beings. So according to that we on CE, Engineers of different trades actually are increasing world's IQ because we never keep our self limited to particular trade or techniques or discussion. Actually CE itself was one of its kind innovative idea. I have several things to say but it already appears big, sorry Big_K if it's too long to read but being honest I haven't yet said anything about upcoming rides that I mentioned at last.

Hey AJ, the thing I like among people is being innovative and proving being a master of the game, if anyhow you don't feel that about yourself, anyhow I am not going to take my words back for you, “New Favorite”.

And thank you once again.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm very happy to read that answer. I wished to read such responses from our members since long and with so many active CEans I think we are fully prepared for newer actions. I believe in collective intelligence and CE can be a rule-breaker in whatever we venture in.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Leo: You write from the heart. There is honesty in you. It reflects in every post you write. Way to go buddy. 😀

Hope you go long way with us on CrazyEngineers 👍
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Great interview!! Good to know about u Leo..
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    Nice Interview!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Nice Interview!!
    Congrats LEO from the core of my heart !!
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Leo
    Next thing was reading blogs from CE members, personally I feel Pranav's blog is always awesome to read, if I don't comment that doesn't mean I don't read. I feel people here are real intellectual being and it's always good to learn from them. Why I personally feel Pranav writes good because when I read some of his articles, they make you feel thankful. The best I had read so far on his blog and like others to read are,
    BSNL you are great.
    That's My Name.
    Zero Mile Stone.
    @ Leo - Thanks a lot buddy.. :smile:
    And commenting on blog is not at all compulsory. Nobody writes blog for the comments. He/She writes for his/her interest.. Right?? :smile:
    And thanks once again.. :grin:
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    That was really nice😀😀
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    AbraKaDabra
    @Leo: You write from the heart. There is honesty in you. It reflects in every post you write. Way to go buddy. 😀

Hope you go long way with us on CrazyEngineers 👍
    Exactly!!!😀😀totally agreed.superb Leo👍
  • Leo
    Leo
    Thank You guyz for nice replies and of course i am not going anywhere from CE now onwards..
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    nice interview!!
    @Leo : nice answer...
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Nice interview !
    Nice to know about you leo..!
  • Leo
    Leo
    Thanks you guyz
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Its really interesting to read.

Nice Answers Leo!
  • Leo
    Leo
    Thanks Godfather.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    good to know about you Leo! 😀
  • Leo
    Leo
    It was my pleasure, thanks Durga.
  • makru921
    makru921
    Good job... this know-your-CEan thing is quite interesting😀 Proud of you Leo..😀
  • Leo
    Leo
    Thanks Marku.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Leo
    Hi Big_K, your question is real big to answer, I don't know ho to begin with, but I think you might remember this. When I first created my account on CE I was in college and I have to leave without activating it. Then I fall ill and so failed to clear my subjects but as I was ill my college granted me a second chance with a condition, I 'll not use college's network until I clear my subjects. After clearing my subjects, when I recalled I have an account on CE, I wanted it to get activated and so I sent you a message, that was actually my first e-mail to you. If you might recall, how frustrating it might to explain a silly fellow, how to activate a account. That was the day and now is the day, the difference is really big, isn't it. As I was always interested in computers I actually never went out of box even though I was on CE for several months. Then I saw some real active online debate section, which surely held some quality topics to go for. Next was the thing that I loved was online labs, this is one of the most innovative thing to ever come on someone's mind, I don't know how other Engineering trades have idea on it but I have some to post on and soon I'll do so and I hope you'll find it innovative.

Awesome read😀Its great to know about you!!

For very first time when I saw VOICE section, I was surprised to see a title “Digital After Life” and this was one of the best thing I had ever read till now. If you can remember an article, “How much you are safe inside Windows.”. That was my first article on CE, the next one was, “When an alternative is available.”. That time you provided with me some tips and also invited me for some online event, but I don't know how it really happens whenever you ask me to do something, I already have another important thing to do, sorry if that happens frequently. Your tips always remain helpful, if you think I am joking, enter my name in Google and press enter. Next thing was reading blogs from CE members, personally I feel Pranav's blog is always awesome to read, if I don't comment that doesn't mean I don't read. I feel people here are real intellectual being and it's always good to learn from them. Why I personally feel Pranav writes good because when I read some of his articles, they make you feel thankful. The best I had read so far on his blog and like others to read are,

BSNL you are great.
    That's My Name
    Zero Mile Stone.

If you have read Ankita's blog you'll have loved to read “Discipline Not Overrated” and “Being Free”. Computer Idiot aka Rajan has recent and really cool post to share “Everything in this world is connected.”. I have my personal blog for friends and family, actually only my friends read it and my brother and sister, when I posted the article “The Rule Breaker” all of sudden I got so many hits, my counter code got mad and now shows some random number, I never bothered to correct it, it feels good to see those numbers. Whenever I had my look on project and seminars section, for the first time I felt people are out from college's limitation. There are several big things that are adding to student's as well as professional's IQ on CE every day they might know or not .

I don't know any of you have ever read Maro's blog or not, if you had then you'll know, a person can never act as complete intellectual being, the IQ is really big thing and always counted with respect to world. The world's IQ is made up of IQs of all intellectual and stupid human beings. So according to that we on CE, Engineers of different trades actually are increasing world's IQ because we never keep our self limited to particular trade or techniques or discussion. Actually CE itself was one of its kind innovative idea. I have several things to say but it already appears big, sorry Big_K if it's too long to read but being honest I haven't yet said anything about upcoming rides that I mentioned at last.

Hey AJ, the thing I like among people is being innovative and proving being a master of the game, if anyhow you don't feel that about yourself, anyhow I am not going to take my words back for you, “New Favorite”.

And thank you once again.
    Awesome read😀Its great to know about you!!
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Nice to know about you LEO.
    Wishing you all the very best for your future.👍
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow!!! Great Interview Leo.. You alwayz rock!!! 😁
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Nice to know you Leo... Good going with your break the code technique!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we know that since the e-book readers and tablet computers become more common, there is a high possibility that physical books could disappear sooner than expected. Some experts have...
On November 15th, Microsoft will launch Games for Windows Marketplace. It is an online store that will let users buy digital copies of games directly from the browser. Besides online...
The technology use is growing at an insane rate. But IT budgets are flat. Businesses now look for instant, pay-per-use, on-demand models. The cloud will impact IT service providers in...
Chris Barnes takes on EARL - the Enhanced Automated Robotic Launcher - the new bowling robot at the International Training and Research Center in Arlington. This robot bowler, cheekily named...
Hello friends, Can anyone tell me whether there is MAC address inside Datagram or not ? If there is no mac, then how do we identify the desired system(receiver) in...