Know Your CEan - Lal.

CrazyEngineers came up with one more great interview for you,of a CEan who has been with us for very longtime, a CEan who has seen the transition of CE. So, Here it isKYCEan of #-Link-Snipped-# a.k.a Swathilal from Kerala, a graduate in Bachelor of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Myself, Crazyboy & Jeffrey (Conqueror) got a chance to talk with him. Here we represent KYCEan of Lal on his own words...

AR : Lal, Tell us something about you. Umm, a Twist in the tale, also tell three things that no one on the forum knows about you?
Lal : Well, I'm an electrical engineering graduate from the south of India, Kerala. A, kind of, shy guy interested in technology and engineering.
All right now you need three things. Err, I'm tall, I like football and I don't know Russian!

AR : You are one of the CEan that are always very calm, Can you tell how you manage to be so common yet so important at CE?
Lal : I didn't know I was important till you say so 😁
I usually don't talk about things I'm not so sure about. That could be the reason that I have a low 'posts count'. But I do manage to drop a comment if I have a take on something. I'm definitely not important than any other member in CrazyEngineers community!

AR : Lal Hibernates! Your Hibernation form CE was really short lived any special reason for it ?
Lal : Well, I hibernated for more than half a year. Quite long 😘
At that time I felt like I was slipping way too much off the real life things towards virtual things in internet. Ah, the so called social networks! β˜• Then I thought of minimising my internet usage and focus more on real stuff.
I did make a mistake though, I missed a lot of things here in CE during those seven months. I should have visited here rather than to hibernate!

AR : Your contribution (in terms of reply) to Electrical section in the forum is incredible, What is your advice to fellow electrical engineers.
Lal : I would say, focus on the basics. That is where the real magic happens. If you understand it, you'll be easily able to understand everything else that is built with/on it!

AR : You are among one of the CEan who is very active in uploading resources. Have you yourself read all the resources loaded by you?
Lal : No, I haven't. That was a task assigned by biggie. I just downloaded them and uploaded as I was asked to do. Besides those files didn't pass through my network, so I don't have its' copies on my storage.

AR : You are still among the young brigade at CE, what do you suggest to your fellow friends for studies in engineering and post engineering? Are you yourself in favor of Post graduation? Are you planning to go for it?
Lal : I think that is solely dependent on the person itself. Different people have different interests and objectives. I can't make a solid suggestion to anyone when I'm one among them too, an equally confused individual. There is no peak point like "knowing everything", so keep studying.

AR : Let's pretend, two companies offers you job 1) IT company with 12 lakh per annum & 2) Core company with 6 lakh per annum.
Which offer will you prefer ? Do you think that decision may prove as life changing decision for you? why?
Lal : I learned Electrical engineering with my full heart. I like programming and computers. I used to spend a lot of time on both of them when I was young. But I would like to fiddle with electricity and machines much better😁 So you can guess my choice, right?
Life changing? Could be. I would be definitely much happier and involved with the second option than the first!

AR : 'Sometime mistakes teaches us lifetime lessons' What your take on the statement?
Lal : Oh yeah! That is absoulutely right. Life itself is a big lesson. Every mistake we make proves us wrong at many occassions and guide us through the right path. If you are living, you sure will make mistakes, because no one is perfect. Just that, we should learn from those mistakes and try not repeat!

Your own words at CE πŸ˜€
AR : Till date you have started merely 8 new threads. That means either you are Pro in your own eyes, or probably doubt-free guy that think, CEan are not skilled enough to solve your queries. What's your say on that?
Lal : Man, are you pushing me into a trap? 😁
The rule before posting a thread is to do a google search! And I find my queries answered from those results itself 😐
Oops. That was close! 😘

AR : "Its Dark-but you can see! A night vision device"
I am referring to your first thread in CE & no doubt that was an innovative thought for a project. Would you like to elaborate how you discovered it, any plans to make that dream alive again?
Lal : That day I was fiddling with the TV remote and my mobile phone. At one point, I was pointing the remote at my mobile phone and firing it. My cell phone didn't have an infrared sensor, but you know, surprises can happen 😁 Then I saw a pinkish glow in the mobile screen when firing the remote at the camera. Cell phone camera could detect Infrared. Bingo! That is how the thread was born.
I tried with a lot of IR LEDs to make a decent night vision device with the cell phone camera. But as many others have pointed out there, there was not much illumination with normal LEDs.

AR : Do you remember in one of your wall post, your mentioned "Even the slightest happenings in the life have interesting stories to share.." would you like to share that interesting story with all of us?
Lal : That was a fact I realised. And also, "somethings are best left unsaid!" 😁

AR : "Right now I'm unemployed in others eyes. But employed in my own ways" What does that really mean? Are you working on some project ? Would you like to share some details with us?
Lal : You have to join a company and start earning high for others to accept that you are employed. But for yourselves, it is enough that you follow your dreams and interests! We know we are doing it right, don't we?

AR : "Chances once missed seldom return!" did you regret missing any chance that never returned?
Lal : Oh, yes! Many times. We don't get to live the last day or last hour or last minute or last second again! Once you miss it, it is history.

Tricky Quickie πŸ˜€
AR : One most embarrassing situation cum funny situation of your life that you would like to remember always?
Lal : Recently I was out with my friends and I saw a girl waving at me. She was asking to go towards her with her hand. I couldn't remember meeting her anytime before. But I thought, oh wow friends are around and a beautiful girl is calling me, cool, this must be awesome! Only when I reached near her that I realised she was calling a firend of hers who was standing just behind me. She threw me a confused look. I could only walk past her as if nothing happened and take out my mobile phone! 😁
Ah! You can guess what happened next. That too when a bunch of friends are around!

AR : Do you have any ideal inspirational character in life. who?
Lal : I don't have an inspirational character. But i'm amazed by the lives of many legends like Vivekananda, Nikola Tesla and many more.

AR : Summarize yourself in one word?
Lal : Pleasant.

AR : Lal can't live without?
Lal : Water 😁

AR : Nikon or Canon ? Why ?
Lal : Canon. Simply because I like the name 'Canon' than 'Nikon'. Performancewise, there is no difference at all!

AR : Your dream job ?
Lal : Start a company and have a brand name!

AR : Name 5 best CEans as per you. No diplomatic answer please.
Lal : Ash, The big K, Harshad aka Godfather, Crazy Boy, English Scared
I'm naming only five just because you asked me to say five names!

AR : One feature you would like to shut off from CE?
Lal : I don't think there is any!

AR : Any word of wisdom for CEan's to enjoy at CE?
Lal : Visit often, keep a watch on the 'what is new' section and subscribe to interesting threads. And when you think you have a word to share, hesitate not but drop a comment.

Wishing You A Huge Success In All Endeavours, Lal πŸ‘

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow !

Great job #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# CB and #-Link-Snipped-# Nice questions and Superb answers there.

πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wished we had a super-like button. First - it's really amazing to see the revival of CEoM and congrats to the team behind it: Anil Jain (CrazyBoy), Abhishek Rawal & Jeffrey (Conqueror)! Well thought questions!

It's really great to know Lal up close & personal. Lal's been exceptional contributor on CE and I'm really confident about his bright future. CEans like you take CE to next level!

#-Link-Snipped-# : Super cool answers! Really enjoyed reading all of them! Especially the rapid fire.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Awesome answers buddy !
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Nice to know about #-Link-Snipped-# 😁

Great job #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#πŸ‘
  • lal
    lal
    Thanks guys.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It's very humbling to read about all the nice words that people have to say about CE when asked in KYCEans. Go and scroll down the entire KYCEan section and you will find nothing but praise overflowing in different words. I just hope we become the biggest engineering community soon enough.

#-Link-Snipped-# You rock, friend! πŸ˜€ Great answers.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great answers there lal! felt very good after reading your answers.
    Thanks for mentioning my name there too πŸ˜€

Personally, "I learned Electrical engineering with my full heart." this is what I liked the most πŸ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    Thanks AKD and ES.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Great answers, man! And it's really good to see KYCEan back....πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Great interview!

Lal : Recently I was out with my friends and I saw a girl waving at me. She was asking to go towards her with her hand. I couldn't remember meeting her anytime before. But I thought, oh wow friends are around and a beautiful girl is calling me, cool, this must be awesome! Only when I reached near her that I realised she was calling a firend of hers who was standing just behind me. She threw me a confused look. I could only walk past her as if nothing happened and take out my mobile phone! 😁
    Ah! You can guess what happened next. That too when a bunch of friends are around!
    You know, mobile phones are quite a lifesaver in awkward situations πŸ˜›
  • lal
    lal
    Thanks guys.
    You know, mobile phones are quite a lifesaver in awkward situations πŸ˜›
    Oh yes! It is like the cat drinking milk with closed eyes though 😁
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A matured interview and best in KYCE .
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks for Jeffrey Samuel and Abhishek Rawal for this awesome interview .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In latest Beta version of the Firefox 23, the option available at user-end to disable & enable Java-script has been purged completely from the browser.The weird thing is, Mozilla haven't...
There are so many articles saying that even though the Intel's Smart Technology & Apple's Fusion Drive sounds similar, but It ain't. However, I am trolling blogs/forums for this since...
Yesterday, while coming back to home from college, I saw few kids on the streets were fighting. Being curious to know that what this new generation kids fight about &...
I am creating this thread here even though it's bit of technical thread related to Computers, Competitors shouldn't think that I am creating useless threads just to win. Overall, Our...
Ever thought of farm automation? Devon, from esologic.com loves tomato farming and his latest Raspberry Pi project allows for automation of the tomato farm. Well don't run your brains faster...