Know your CEan- Dancer_Engineer :)

Hola CEans! I'm here to present an awesome KYCEan of a technophile who wanna be a VoiCEan. She is a crazy computer science engineer from Mumbai who contributed 1000 valuable posts to CE within a short period of time.She loves cooking,dancing, programming and learning new things. Yes,she is Dancer_Engineer aka Priyanka Pengonda. We interviewed to know more about her. Check it out.

CE : Are you a Crazy Computer Science Engineer? Tell us how crazy you are?
DE : No, I’m not a Crazy Computer Science Engineer. Just kidding! But again, am I crazy?! I’ll share an incident with you: I once noted down
CE : Imagine you have been given a chance to be as one day prime minister of India, What would you like to do?
DE : What all can I do in ‘one’ day? Eradicate the practice of Female Infanticide. Urge Indians to install automatic water taps in their homes. I feel this will drastically prevent water overflow. Spread awareness among people to make wise use of their resources, especially the basic needs. Put in your plate just as much as you can eat and as much as you are hungry. Encourage the common man to ‘help the needy’ in person rather than in terms of money or donation or empathy. Make way for the fast-tracking of the hearing of cases that are pending for years. Hope I have done justice to my role.

CE : What would you consider as your biggest achievement in your life?
DE : No achievement is too big, no achievement is too small. My first achievement, infact every person’s first achievement is the first baby step we take after having failed at so many attempts to stand up. My latest achievement was on 1st May this year. Terence Lewis and students of the TL Academy, we all set a Guinness World Record for largest Indo-Contemporary dance. The recordings of the attempts and eye-witness reports have been sent to the GWR organization for verification. Here is a video of the event:

CE : What's your ambition? How are you preparing yourself to achieve it?
DE : Spread smiles, do good work in the IT Industry and continue my dancing. I aim to strike a perfect balance between my work and my dance. I want to take my Parents on a trip around the World, build a beautiful home for my Family and I’m done. Failure has prepared me in many ways. I’m keeping myself updated with the industrial competitiveness and technological advancement in the IT field. Exploring languages, more of Java in depth.

CE : If you were given a chance to work with one of the Entrepreneurs - Jack Dorsey(Twitter), Bill Gates, Mark zuckerberg(Facebook), Kevin Systrom(Instagram) and Mike Krieger, Kaustubh Kadtare, Tim cook(Apple). Whom would you choose? And Why?
DE : Jack Dorsey. He developed the ‘SMS of the Internet’ with a web-based 140-characters communication service with simplicity and authenticity, creating a platform for people from all walks of life to communicate with each other so easily. I would love to work with him and know what it takes to put a simple idea into action.

CE : When you die, will you leave a legacy?
DE : Yes, I will. If I succeed in making a difference in the life of the people I come across in my Life, then that will be termed as my legacy.

CE : You were offered a job in a Big Company with huge pay in your home town. Also you got another offer from a startup company with less pay from other state mentioning the domain and technology.You would love to work in that domain.Now you got only 30 mins to take a decision of your Career (Life). No Mobile and No Internet to connect anyone.What would you do?Be honest while answering this question.
DE : What will I do now? I’ll analyze both the offers.
First offer: Big company, huge pay, in my home town, no details about the project.
Second offer: Startup company, less pay, out of state,details about the domain and technology which happen to be my area of interest.
I’ll go with the 2nd offer as it gives me the assurance that I’ll be allotted to a project which will help me to enhance my skills in the domain of my interest. A good project will give me the required exposure and responsibility to use my skills to the best of my ability.

CE : Did you ever happen to go through a phase of despair during your college days?
DE : Yes! It was the time when I had year down during my Engineering.

CE : One incident that had a deep impact on you?
DE : Deep impact! I guess there has not been any such incident. I pick up from every experience I go through.

CE : What is your success mantra?
DE : I have always been a last minute worker. I start my work at the 11th hour. Panic strikes! So I set small goals for myself. I tend to go off-track, so I keep monitoring my progress. Always remember the lessons that you learn from failure. They make you stronger. I follow the four rules that my big brother told me: Plan, Contingencies, Execution and Monitor. I have explained it #-Link-Snipped-#.

CE : Who have been your role model, mentor or an inspiration in your life?
DE : My Parents.

CE : What were the challenges you faced in your life?
DE : The biggest challenge was to find out my strengths and weaknesses. I would always feel I can do anything and I can do better than others. Yes, attitude! :-D But easier said than done. So, I keep exploring my strengths and weaknesses and continue finding myself.

CE : What do you think stops people from taking action and pursue their dreams?
DE : Most of the times people worry whether their dream will come true or not. Setting unrealistic goals, not believing in oneself hampers one’s success. Come on! Just plunge in and find out for yourself. If you win, be happy; if you lose, be wise.

CE : How do you spend your leisure time?
DE : Write letters to two of my close friends. Cook some nice food. Play with kids or just watch them.

CE : What else fascinates you apart from computers?
DE : Fascinated about Skyscrapers and Civil Engineering wonders; birds especially the Owl and the Eagle;Yoga and mountains.

CE : Do you believe in life after death?
DE : Honestly, I have never given it a thought.

CE : Why do you want to become a VoiCEan and your favorite Voice author?
DE : It would be great to know Engineers and Professionals across the globe, reading articles written by me. Writing an article by myself will mean exploring things in detail which will help me widen my knowledge.Ambarish Ganesh is my favorite voice author.

CE : I remember you asked me about UPSC, Government jobs available for CS Engineer.Now Why do you want to move from Engineering to Management stream?
DE : Ahh! Luckily that phase of taking the UPSC exam and going for government jobs lasted for 2 days. Government professions never caught my interest. I was inspired to go for MBA because of my sisters. I was keener on going for MS, that didn’t work in my favor. I had casually taken the MBA entrance this year. I have scored a good percentile. If I convert the college of my choice, I aim to pursue MBA in IT or MIS and enhance my functional skills.

CE : Why Dancer_Engineer? Why not Singer_Engineer or Dancer-Doctor? 😛
DE : Why Dancer? Because dancing is my passion. I have danced Kathak (2 years), Bollywood style, Jazz, Contemporary. I was part of the CYG 2008 closing ceremony dance troupe, we were around 500 students performing a prop dance routine. It was great fun. I have been fortunate to meet Shaimak Sir during rehearsals for the CYG event. Why Engineer? Because I love computers, I was attracted towards computers. Secondly, a career counselling conducted in my +2 college showed I have high abilities for careers in Computational areas. So, I plunged in! I cry when I sing, and I’m not very fond of medicines. So, the other two are not applicable. 😛

CE : What is that one thing you don’t like in CE and you want to change it?
DE : The thing I don’t like on CE is this statistics, ‘Online now: 879 (members: 23, guests: 856)‘. I wish to see it like this, ‘Online now: 879 (members: 856, guests: 23)‘. I urge CEans to encourage each other, actively participate in the discussions and keep the discussions going!

CE : CE influences CEans in many ways. What were the changes you found in yourself after joining CE?
DE : After joining CE, I’m now much aware of the latest Technology advancements. My technology update earlier was very little. But with the enthusiasm that all CEans and Big K update us with the latest technology news, I’m much updated these days. CE has given me a platform to interact with like-minded Engineers across the world. It feels great.

CE : Mention the names of few brains on CE who are crazy enough according to you?
DE : Biggie,Ramani Sir,Praveen,GF,Sada,Issue,AKD.

PS: Drag my first answer 😁

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Awesome answers 😀 All the best for all your endeavours 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#: Thank you so much for helping me 😀
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    @Both Great Interview. 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Can we see you in that video? If yes specify at what minute. 😀
    We are glad to know about dancing achievements.
    I never knew you were so much into dancing. All that most of us can do is this -->😁

CE : Why do you want to become a VoiCEan and your favorite Voice author?
    DE : It would be great to know Engineers and Professionals across the globe, reading articles written by me. Writing an article by myself will mean exploring things in detail which will help me widen my knowledge.Ambarish Ganesh is my favorite voice author.
    We really hope you improve your writing skills and join our team.
    #-Link-Snipped-# 👍
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Great Interview! #-Link-Snipped-# I'm Humbled! 😀
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#. 😀

@AKD, I was dancing on the left side of the ground which is shotted @05:13. But you can't spot me in those 2 seconds. Yes, I'll improve my writing skills and apply for VoiCE author. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yet another amazing Interview in our KYCEan 😀
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Thank you, #-Link-Snipped-#. 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#, thank you for the interview. It was great. 😉
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Awesome. I thought of having an awesome title for your interview as I promised you, but sorry couldn't make it up. I liked all your dances.
    I love traditional dance. Can we see your performance in CE- All India meet at some day? 😉
    Thanks for answering my question well 😀
    CE : You were offered a job in a Big Company with huge pay in your home town. Also you got another offer from a startup company with less pay from other state mentioning the domain and technology.You would love to work in that domain.Now you got only 30 mins to take a decision of your Career (Life). No Mobile and No Internet to connect anyone.What would you do?Be honest while answering this question.
    DE : What will I do now? I’ll analyze both the offers.
    First offer: Big company, huge pay, in my home town, no details about the project.
    Second offer: Startup company, less pay, out of state,details about the domain and technology which happen to be my area of interest.
    I’ll go with the 2nd offer as it gives me the assurance that I’ll be allotted to a project which will help me to enhance my skills in the domain of my interest. A good project will give me the required exposure and responsibility to use my skills to the best of my ability.
    But what if if your parents insisted you to accept the first offer as your parents can stay with you and you gonna get good pay? 😛

#-Link-Snipped-# - Great work, sorry for troubling you.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#, that's ok. Nevermind. 😀
    Sure, I would love to perform for CE. 😁

Regarding the question. I would explain to my parents what holds more importance in the long run. 😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've lot of talented CEans 😀 . I sometimes wonder whether we should go for VC funding and start recruiting CEans. It'd be awesome to work with talented people!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    We've lot of talented CEans 😀 . I sometimes wonder whether we should go for VC funding and start recruiting CEans. It'd be awesome to work with talented people!
    I guess we gonna have a completely special recruitment procedure to hire 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# One of the CEan who become active from joining and crossed 1K mark. You are doing great job DE.

#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# Powerpuff Girls 👍
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    godfather
    #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# Powerpuff Girls 👍
    Yes Powerpuff Girls - Pallavi, Praveena , Priyanka 😁 😁 😁
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Reya
    CE : Imagine you have been given a chance to be as one day prime minister of India, What would you like to do?
    DE : What all can I do in ‘one’ day? Eradicate the practice of Female Infanticide. Urge Indians to install automatic water taps in their homes. I feel this will drastically prevent water overflow. Spread awareness among people to make wise use of their resources, especially the basic needs. Put in your plate just as much as you can eat and as much as you are hungry. Encourage the common man to ‘help the needy’ in person rather than in terms of money or donation or empathy. Make way for the fast-tracking of the hearing of cases that are pending for years. Hope I have done justice to my role.

Great interview DE.
    hoping you will enter politics one day😛
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Thank you, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#. 😀

#-Link-Snipped-#, Power P's. 😁
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    #-Link-Snipped-# , congratzz on your mark 👍 keep doing your best 😁
    btw Powerpuff Girls ...who is who (blossom,bubble,buttercup) 😒
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Thank you, #-Link-Snipped-#. 😀
    Good to you see your active participation in the forum. 👍

And about the 'who's who', CEans can answer that. 😁
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Great interview. 👍
    I like that style writing in white 😀

#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# good effort. Also Reya, please adjust the font.
  • Vignesh Raghav
    Vignesh Raghav
    #-Link-Snipped-# , thank u for your support 😁
  • Reya
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# I set the font size as "4" yesterday. I don't know how it suddenly changed to "2". It's a miracle.

#-Link-Snipped-# You never trouble me dear 😀
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Reya
    #-Link-Snipped-# I set the font size as "4" yesterday. I don't know how it suddenly changed to "2". It's a miracle.
    Only Mods can do Miracles 😁
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    That would be great, #-Link-Snipped-#. 👍
    Issue
    Great interview. 👍
    I like that style writing in white 😀

#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# good effort. Also Reya, please adjust the font.
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-#. 😀
    My interview would be incomplete without the 'please drag the post' request. 😁

#-Link-Snipped-#, 😛
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Good to know about Multifarious Talented Engineer👍
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Awesome! Great Thoughts............... No access to youtube at my work place, but surely will see it after I reach home.
    Good interview........
  • sowjitha
    sowjitha
    hmmm nice interview #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Galaxy S3 phone has been launched in London just a few minutes ago and here's the first commercial :-
For the records sake, this is 1000th thread in the gadget's section 😀 . Samsung Galaxy S3 has been launched and Samsung has partnered with Dropbox to offer 50 GB...
sir i want to know the best college tht i would get on gate score 411?
World's most popular slide sharing service, Slideshare has been acquired by the world's biggest professional networking service - Linkedin for a cool sum of $119 million. LinkedIn's Deep Nishar confirmed...
Yahoo hired ex-Paypal president Scott Thompson to save its sinking ship. Scott Thompson had earlier claimed that he has a degree in accounting and computer science. However, Yahoo's investor, Daniel...