Know Your CEan - Anuragh2crony

CEans,
He rediscovered CrazyEngineers 2 years after joining, while deleting mails in his inbox! He has deep interest in "Cryptography"! He wants to make his country (India) 100% literate!
He is a software engineer by profession & an active member of CE Forums. He came to know about CE while searching for music! He believes in hard work over genius. He is our CEan - Anuragh27crony!
Our editor, Patty (Prateek) had a chat with Anuragh2crony. Check out Anuragh2crony in CE's Know Your CEan :-
Anuragh: I'm S/W professional (Tester) just started my career just 2 months ago with company AMDOCS, located in Pune... thought it's not worth mentioning, but being a Tester is painful job... everyday is a headache for the tester... But i always preferred to be a Programmer/Developer.

Q. You strongly believe in Hard Work over Genius. Don't you think genius/talent also plays a major part?

Anuragh: Generally we say "he is a born Genius". Genius is nothing but a person who has a lot of IQ compared to the Average human.But when you do hard work to learn any subject or do a project you  are increasing your IQ without your notice. Hard work is an excellent tool which can make even a average and poor student to become intelligent.
In simple words we can say....By doing hard work anyone can overcome a genius.
Q. It seems it was hacking that got you interested in Engineering?
Anuragh: During my 10+2, a life story of a Hacker fascinated me and I decided to become a Hacker,at any cost. Why hacking ...because this field involves a lot adventures and finally you are breaking the rules *smile* ... I love to break the rules *😁*
With this desire I opted for B.Tech in Information Technology @ IIIT-Allahabad.

Q. "Cryptography" Your favorite subject?

Anuragh: Initially when my college days started, I used to study a lot of things related to Hacking. While reading "Breaking Passwords" article in some book, this subject (Cryptography) caught my attention.  I started reading the subject...found it interesting...this completely changed my view of 'Area of Interest'. Later when I discussed these happenings with my Professor (under whom I was doing my project)...he encouraged me by explaining the relevance of field in present times.
Q. We know that you won the 2nd prize in state wide environmental science fair competition. What was your project?
Anuragh: Our Project was "Hydro Therapy"..which mainly states the importance of Water in Human Life and how easily we can protect our Immune system
By consuming 7-8 liters of Water every day. There was mainly one point.. every day we have to consume at least 3-5 glasses of water before brushing our teeth...since our teeth contain (before brushing) a lot of human friendly-bacteria which are helpful to us in many ways...eg. digestive system etc...
Q. What are your plans for achieving your dream of 100% literacy in India?
Anuragh: Still this is in planning phase. I am planning to establish a trust which will run a chain of schools or fund schooling for the poor and orphan children. But to be frank this requires lot of effort and money...May be another 5-10 years before this plan comes into action.
Q. You dedicate your success in life to two people. Who are they and what impact did they have on your life?
Anuragh: First is my Late Grand Father "Who taught me what Hard work is..." and another My Late Aunt "Who is my First Teacher in Life..."..she taught me the relevance of education in my life..
Q. What do you do in your free time?
Anuragh: I love music very much...I try to spend my most of the time listening to quality music, I play computer games and last but not least, hanging out with friends.

Q."Never select any project randomly...First make your area of interest and then proceed by selecting a topic from that area." Explain.

Anuragh: It is simple...if you want to make your holiday trip...you first search for the place rather than searching for hotels first. Initially when you are interested in doing a project..select or define your Area of Interest and then select the topic that suits you. This makes you more focussed. It's very bad that many of students in premier colleges (not IIT's) and local engineering colleges evaluate other ways to do a project...."Who is the cool professor who will give marks? Which professor has the knowledge to give me topic?" without even knowing his research Interest. Engineering is Finally ...Learning Subject...not about Gaining Percentages or CGPI's.

Q. Why did you decide to join CE?

Anuragh: *cough* *cough*
This is a very tough question....initially I was searching for some movies and music related forums, I found this and left because and it was not relevant While I was deleting all mails from my mailbox...I found a mail of CE and had a look at it after 2-3 years and now I find it interesting :smile:

Q. According to you what are CE's strong points?

Anuragh: The idea to share information, The way people interact, Some innovative ideas (CE Meets and contests), *cough* *cough* And finally my presence 😀

Q. And CE's weak points?

Anuragh: *Smile* Still haven't found any....
Q. 5 years from now...
Anuragh: Doing research in Cryptography and working on my dream project..... to achieve 100% literacy in India.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Continuing our tradition of bringing you more about our own CEans, we bring you our editor CEan - raj87verma88 aka Prateek Verma aka Patty. Patty joined CE couple of...
CEans, He has been an active member of CrazyEngineers since the day he joined. He is an electronics & telecommunication engineering students and firmly believes "Electronics is not enough for...
CEans, She is one of the most active crazy engineers on CE. A software engineer by profession, she's got JAVA-solutions to most of the problems! CrazyEngineers community is proud to...
CEan CrazyBoy has been with us since CE was very young. He has helped CE gain momentum when we had our low times. A Civil Engineer by education and currently...
Meet the CEan who's been helping CE from behind the scenes. KGV has been around on CE for quite some time. CEan - Mayur chatted with CEan - KGV, check...