Kite Mosquito Patch Turns You Into Mr. India For All Mosquitoes For ~48 Hours

Your exposure to mosquitoes may very vastly depending upon the part of the world you live in. But if you live in places where you are never alone, we bet you'd have wished you were invisible to all the mosquitoes. Mosquitoes are the carriers of life-threatening diseases like Malaria among others. The current preventive methods include mosquito mats and sprays; which aren't very effective. A team of researchers in California have developed what they call 'Kite Mosquito Patch' which actually makes you invisible to all the mosquitoes; as if you're the Anil Kapoor of Mr. India. How? Read on...

kitepatchโ€‹

Mosquitoes have the ability to detect exhaled carbon dioxide which is how they target their human prey. The Kite Mosquito Patch is a disposable square patch that measures just 1.5" per side and contains FDA approved non-toxic ingredients which exude a scent that totally blocks the mosquitoes' ability to detect this CO2. The Kite patch is based on research conducted at the University of California, with funds from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation & National Institutes Of Health (NIH).

The team plans to carry out large scale testing in Uganda - where the the mosquitoes that carry mosquitoes are a major health hazard. It'd be very interesting to see how this patch works in real life. The team behind Kite has already raised about $75k in just 4 days via Indiegogo.

โ€‹
We wonder whether this would be a more effective method to repel mosquitoes than the mosquito repellent apps available on iOS and Android platforms?โ€‹

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I know places where I would use this. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    The mosquito repllent apps really work?

Once a sales person came to my house and claimed this small device would keep the mosquitoes away by emitting ultrasonic waves when plugged in ac power outlet. Cool! ๐Ÿ˜ But he was not happy with just that claim. He said that the device would synthesize oxygen out of no where ๐Ÿ˜

Climax of the story.
    Well it made a clearly audible sound! I told him what ultrasonic sound was and oxygen out of no where wasn't possible with that device. And yeah, of course I didn't buy it ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was flipping through the TV channels and found that one of the channels was talking about 'hotmix' road construction type. I've absolutely no clue about the construction field, so...
Just read the news that over 18,000 engineering seats are vacant in Karnataka alone. The mushrooming of engineering colleges have largely been responsible for degrading the quality of engineering education...
Can anybody assist me with 1s code 1661-1972,urgent
INSAT-3D, India's weather satellite which carries advance weather monitoring payloads has been successfully launched just a few hours ago at about 1:24 hrs (IST) with the Ariane-5 (VA214) launch vehicle...
Found that one of the visitors came to CE searching for cheapest i3 laptop available in India. I quickly performed searched on Google and a few eCommerce sites and found...