Kids Will Solve This In 10 Minutes, But You Engineers -

Kids will solve the following in less than 10 minutes but you highly educated engineers and engineering students will definitely take longer.

Try it out and post your answer in response. Do not spoil the fun for others by explaining your answer. Deal?

Math-Riddle

Remember, only post your answer; not the explanation.

Replies

• simplycoder
    simplycoder
  • akash.kasina
    akash.kasina
    it
    The_Big_K
    Kids will solve the following in less than 10 minutes but you highly educated engineers and engineering students will definitely take longer.

Try it out and post your answer in response. Do not spoil the fun for others by explaining your answer. Deal?

Math-Riddle

Remember, only post your answer; not the explanation.
    its 2 right!!!got it ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Keep trying, folks? ๐Ÿ˜€ I'll post correct answer after about 10 responses.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I failed at it badly.
    The answer is 2.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    I failed at it badly.
    The answer is 2.
    See! the more you study, the lesser is thinking ability ๐Ÿ˜
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    The_Big_K
    Yes! See what studies have done to me. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Very bad. It took lot of time for me ๐Ÿ˜”
    And finally I started thinking like a kid and I got the answer as 2.

The_Big_K
    Really? What about Scientists, Experimentalists then?
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    yup i got it finally.........๐Ÿ˜›
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Alright! I Tried a lot. Failed miserably!!! Yet Trying.....not giving up. But already over 2 minutes. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Now I got it.............. 2 It is..... But will pre-school children solve????โ€‹
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜€, Yes it's 2. Do I really need to out the answer?
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    The_Big_K
    ๐Ÿ˜€, Yes it's 2. Do I really need to out the answer?
    Go a head!!!!. I have two situations to prove it to be 2.. I think i took the difficult path first...... Then i found out how can this be solved by kids and found it!! Real Crazy!!!!!!!
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Go a head!!!!. I have two situations to prove it to be 2.. I think i took the difficult path first...... Then i found out how can this be solved by kids and found it!! Real Crazy!!!!!!!
    I would like to see the difficult solution.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Dancer_Engineer
    I would like to see the difficult solution.
    By the way, That's difficult in contrast with the other answer...... Below it is.

• I considered the answer to be a sum of all 4 digits on the Left hand Side.
    • From the below eight assigning , I found 0=1,1=0, 2=0, 3=0, 5=0, 6=1, 7=0, 9=1. (The co-incidence is that 2,3,5,7 which are equal to 0 are all prime numbers, 6and 9 which are equal to 1 are multiples of 3๐Ÿ˜‰ )
    1. 0000=4, So 1+1+1+1 = 4
    2. 1111=0, So 0+0+0+0 = 0
    3. 2222=0
    4. 3333=0
    5. 5555=0
    6. 6666=4
    7. 7777=0
    8. 9999=4
    • I did not care about 4, since not used.
    • I took the 1st equation and found 8 to be equal to 2. (8809 = 6, where we know 0 = 1 and 9 = 1. So, the two 8's should add up to 4 making 8 equal to 2.)
    Looking that 4 is not used in any, I think that this was designed to think both ways. One, the above and the other we all know now. The above will not come to purpose if 4 was used among them.
    I'll take the privilege to post the kiddish ans too.....
    The answer is equal to the number of zero's on the left hand side of the equation.๐Ÿ˜€
    I know the easier one is correct. But do let me know If I'm missing something in my explanation above.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    ^ Yeah, that's a possible solution with the exception of 4. ๐Ÿ‘
  • sookie
    sookie
    Interesting ๐Ÿ˜€

Hint: pre-school children are only focussed on counting much. No maths for them
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I got the answer, yes its 2!
  • Udaya Bhaskar
    Udaya Bhaskar
    Pre School Children May not know Maths But they are aware of counting ..! ๐Ÿ˜›
    Noticingly, there is No 2 in the Left hand side ..!
    So , Literaly to Psychology , When a Child starts counting ,they alert themselves to be sequenced ..! So A child tends to Answer/Write - 2 as the Answer ..!
    This can also be an Answer ..! Wad Say Ppl ..? ^_^
  • Vassilya
    Vassilya
    2! I couldn't figure it out until I acted like a preschool kid (that made my friends look at me funny). This problem reminds me of a symbols study I did in art class: we drew negative space and drew things upside down and such, forcing our minds to see what was actually there instead of what we associated with what we saw. The similarity being, I suppose, that I'm so used to numbers and strings of numbers indicating amounts and numeric values that i forgot - they're shapes before any of that ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Sagar07
    Sagar07
    Got it! 2...... What a problem it was!!!!!!!!!1๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

anybody knows how this ilab thing work.
i'm a young electronics engineering student with great passion for hobby projects. i'll be glad to find someone who will introduce me to more electronics circuit diagrams.
plz will anyone be so kind so as to provide me the list of the colleges which come under aieee but require seprate registration...i hav googled it but cant findanything...plz...
Two bicyclists start twenty miles apart and head toward each other, each going at a steady rate of 10 mph. At the same time a fly that travels at a...
how will the world be if i am not existing.... ๐Ÿ˜