Key Players in the IT Market

1. Infosys

Without any doubt, Infosys can be termed as India’s most famous and world recognized IT company.
Infosys Technologies Limited (NASDAQ: INFY) is an information technology (IT) company founded at Pune in 1981, by seven IT professionals. In 1987 the company set up its first international office in the US. In the year 1992, Infosys became a public limited company in India. In 1999, it became the first Indian company to be listed on NASDAQ and attained SEI – CMM level 5 certification. The company operates eight development centres in India and has over 30 offices in 20 other nations.

Apart from its core business area, Infosys, through its subsidiaries, operates in some other business interests as well namely
i) Progeon – Infosys offers business process outsourcing solution to the global clients through Progeon.

ii) Infosys Consulting Inc. US – a subsidiary of Infosys Technologies, the company offers IT consulting to clients across North America.

iii) Infosys Technologies was also responsible for the introduction of “Finacle”, the software for Indian Banking industry.

Headquarter
Infosys technologies is headquartered at Bangalore.

Present Management

Mr. N. R. Narayan Murthy is the Chief Mentor and Mr. Nandan M. Nilekani is the Chairman and Managing Director of the company.

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    nice info brother.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    2. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).

Tata Consultancy Services Limited is a Tata group company. TCS commenced its operations in 1968. Today the company has its presence in 34 countries across 6 continents and offers a range of services to its clients. The main services provided by TCS are - complete range of IT products/service, consultancy services and outsourcing services.

Headquarter

The company’s corporate office is at Mumbai.

Present Management
    Mr. Ratan N Tata is the Chairman of the Tata Group and Mr. S.Ramadorai is the CEO and Managing
    Director of TCS.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can someone please explain what is an API in terms of the software application and OS. Though there are many articles avilable on the web, but yet can someone make...
i am sanjiv and pursuing be in 3rd year in ec branch . i have to do training in either vlsi design , chip designing or embeded system , but...
Hello, I am working on a project. And part of it concerns the switching regulator. I am using the MC34063 from OnSemiconductors. I plan to use it as a step...
For constructing a small scale wind turbine which can be used on roof top of houses which is the best material for constructing the turbine or blades keeping in mind...
Guys, I've got a circuit for this device from "www.redcircuits.com/Page9.htm" , but there is problem... i.e., there's a buzzer which is to be sound when mercury switch is 'ON',(through walking)......