Kernel & C language : History & Reason?

Why Linus torvalds is preferring to continue to development of Kernel in C language & not C++?
Long time back, Linus dropped the bomb on the guy who was suggesting of kernel development in C++.

There gotta be some specific reason on technical side, I am sure of that. Linus ain't a dumb 😀

Read this : article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57918

If any CEan knows technical reason(apart from the details in link posted above) of using C for development of kernel & not C++ then please share some knowledge here.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    LOL ! ,that article is really meant to piss off C++ lovers😉. Coming to the point, I think that one reason for using C over C++ is that C is faster than C++, (although a little) but it is. Apart from that it just looks like a personal choice😁
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Haha! That was intense.....😁 Anyways,as Linus also mentioned efficiency, I agree with #-Link-Snipped-#, the speed advantage of C over C++ might be the reason.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was confused whether I should post this thread in Mathematics section or Computer section. Whatever, Read this link : gambasdoc.org/help/doc/formula?view&en Interesting stuff 😀
I am keen to know the programming language/languages is/are used in CE. Yeah, I want to know all technical details, if possible then do share 😀 No one can give...
solar power generation with auto tracking system,how it is possible? nano science in solar energy,is it correct?
Hey guys , I have decided to get a new system for Computer Graphics Rendering purposes . I would like to know your views about what processor and motherboard OR...
i want to connect java and oracle. i can create design in java and also create and insert table using sql in oracle. now i need to connect both of...