Keeping Up With Moore's Law : Necessary ?

Each & every year we see the processors are getting compact & processing power is increased.because the size of the transistors are decreased & thus more transistors are used in single architecture resulting in greater performance.
But, soon this Moore's law will break. We have seen 35 nm architecture 3 years ago has moved to 14nm architecture today & soon by 2020 the transistors will run up against atomic size & Moore's law will break.

Moore's law don't have any fundamentals of physics related to it. It's mere psychological + silicon industry development assumption.
So, is it necessary to keep up with Moore's law ? Intel is firmly trying to do so, While AMD is not.
Why so much concern is given to the Moore's law which is not based on any theoretical or practical analysis ?

Is it necessary to keep up with Moore's law ?
Shouldn't Intel should focus in reliability/power consumption & some addon feature of processor rather than keeping up with Moore's law ?

Share your opinion, CEans.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So, let's say i have a file of 14.5 MB & resolution of 4243 x 2828. I don't know the model number of the camera being used. And I want...
LG has unveiled world's thinnest full HD 1080p display - ideal for the next generation of even thinner smartphones and tablets. The company showed off a 5.2" panel that is...
An audio engineer from Glasgow UK has come up with a new pair of solar headphones that make sure the battery life of your phones and tablets does not falter....
After the launch of the really successful Discover 100T and the sporty Discover 125ST, Bajaj Auto adds to its portfolio the all new Discover 125 T. Launched in India on...
more information in following site https://www.decodedscience.com/nanotechnology-breakthrough-single-atom-transistor-created/11011