KDE Vivaldi Tablet Near To Its Release.

KDE's Vivaldi Tablet, formerly known as KDE spark; was in development for so long, recently Aaron Siego have confirmed that KDE Vivaldo tablet has been shipped for QA testing as the Opensource KDE tablet haven't received its certification.

Co-incidently, the same day when Canonical announced their Dual-boot smartphone Ubuntu Edge : Where Two Worlds Meet. is the same day when KDE Vivaldi is being shipped.
Aaron Siego wrote #-Link-Snipped-#, "The first Vivaldi tablets, new dual-core engineering boards and the custom EOMA68 developer workbenches we commissioned have all been shipped out. Don't get too excited: the tablets are pre-certification (EC/FCC) and are on their way to us so we can verify the Q/A targets we set out."

slide_2
Leaked Configuration of Vivaldi :
- 7 inch screen
- 800x480 display resolution
- 1GHz ARM Cortex A9
- 1GB RAM
- 8 GB Storage
- 1.3 MP Front camera

Source : MakePlayLive | Tablet and Mobile News

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Configuration looks Ok,
    Could have been better on camera, and resolution.

OS: KDE, It will be interesting to see the performance of KDE on tablets.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It's low-end tablet, I simply love the UI of KDE in desktops, so I am bit excited about this tablet.

On side-note,KDE is moving to Wayland entirely by end of 2013. No Mir for KDE, confirmed!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Transmission Control Protocol (TCP- the traffic-regulating system that avoids internet congestion by spewing out various algorithms) is the reason you're reading this post. While every version of TCP is evolving...
The movie based on Apple co-founder Steve Jobs' life, called 'Jobs' will release in India on August 16. The movie will be officially released by PVR pictures. The movie features...
The common umbrella sucks. No matter how we look at it, everything is wrong with its design. When the rains come lashing from right and left and back and front,...
LG Electronics is building up the excitement for its new launch event. Scheduled for 7th of August, LG is all set to launch the LG G2 smartphone in this mega...
Hi ! i am looking for a clutch plate manufacturer/ supplier in Delhi/Ncr. Can any one suggest me from where I can get it ?