Kawasaki Z250 And ER-6N Price, Specs And Features Out As India Launch Happens

As was expected, India Kawasaki Motors (IKM) has launched its two new naked street bikes named Kawasaki Z250 and Kawasaki ER-6N in the country. The much-awaited bikes are among the first ones to enter the sub-5 Lakh segment within the company's portfolio in India. While the Z250 is priced at Rs. 2.99 lakh, the ER-6N model will start selling at Rs. 4.78 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The bikes are set to compete with the likes of Suzuki Inazuma 250 Official Price In India Out At Launch - Key Features At Glance and KTM RC 200 and RC 390 - Price In India Unveiled | Specifications At Glance in the Indian motorcycles market. Let us take a look at each new bike's specifications and features to find out what these mean machines have to offer for the prices they are being sold at.

Inspired from the Kawasaki Ninja 250, the latest street bike Z250 is a quarter-litre motorcycle and features a typical naked structure that means, there's the least number of body panels. Deriving its power from a 249 cc four-stroke liquid cooled, parallel twin-cylinder engine that returns 33bhp power and 21Nm torque, the Kawasaki Z250 bike specs list suggests Y-Spoke Alloy wheels, a large tachometer, fuel gauge, speedometer and a digital display. The bikes come with fuel-injection, dual throttle valve tech and power transmission through a rear wheel mated to a 6-speed gearbox.

kawasaki

The naked sportsbike also features lightweight pistons along with the sleeveless aluminum die-cast cylinder with plated bores and open-deck construction that ensures that the bike's weight remains minimum. The front and rear disc brakes come with a 290-mm front petal disc and a 220-mm rear petal disc respectively.

Next bike on today's launch list is the Kawasaki ER-6N, that's heavily inspired from the Japanese company's older model - the Ninja 650R. Powered by a 649cc parallel twin engine that delivers 72.1PS at 8,500rpm and 64Nm at 7,000rpm, the Kawasaki ER-6N specs and images suggest a naked perimeter frame and a mono frame headlight assembly. Power is transmitted to the rear-wheel through a 6-speed transmission Featuring a tubular diamond type frame that's supported by 41mm telescopic forks at front and preload adjustable mono-shock setup at rear, the ER-6N comes with dual semi-floating, petal disc brakes at front and single 220mm petal disc brakes at rear. Also on the bike's features list are an analogue tachometer coupled with a digital screen.

kawasaki-2

The company has shared in a press release that the completely knocked down (CKD) kits for the two new bikes will be imported from Thailand and assembled at the Bajaj Auto’s Akurdi, Pune facility, where Kawasaki also assembles its already popular Ninja 300 and the Ninja 650. With hopes to sell 200-250 units of each of these bikes within the next one year, the company is all geared up by opening 4 new showrooms in the country.

Do let us know what are your thoughts on the new naked sports bikes in India via comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Kawasaki has always amazed us with awesome spec bikes and promising price range. ER-6N ismy favorite among two.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think z250 is the better looking bike (my personal choice). I'm still dreaming about being able to buy the BMW S1000RR (2015) Edition. It costs somewhere about Rs. 28 lakh - Rs. 30 lakh in India. 😖
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think z250 is the better looking bike (my personal choice). I'm still dreaming about being able to buy the BMW S1000RR (2015) Edition. It costs somewhere about Rs. 28 lakh - Rs. 30 lakh in India. 😖
    Oops
    The price range makes me trembling!!!!!
    If i own a sports bike , my preference would be Suzuki Hyabusa or Kawasaki Ninja
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    too dangerous esp in india and that too in our road conditions to ride these bikes!!!!!
  • Bella Edward
    Bella Edward
    Great Review! Thank for Sharing 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Neha@Gupta submitted a new project: solar tracking system - The main objective is to provide max electrical energy for the light appliances The main objective of this project is to...
If you own multiple Mac machines and wish to upgrade all of them to OSX 10.10 Yosemite, here's an important tip for all of you! Instead of downloading the update...
what is all asked in infoysis referal drive..from were should i study. though i got the mail for giving the test but i have 63% in my btech.. i m...
Apple's just introduced the all the iMac 5K Retina Display, priced at $2499. Given that the current price of the iMac 27" in India is about Rs. ~140,000+; the price...
Check the AFCAT August 2014 results at careerairforce.nic.in