Kalmadi Arrested - But Will He Be Jailed?

I'm quite surprised that Mr. Suresh Kalmadi hasn't had heart related problems soon after his arrest, as normally every criminal has. The Indian government is now under pressure from all fronts. There's 2G spectrum allotment scam and then the ongoing investigations related to Common Wealth Games.

It's a well known fact that the security and police operate under the influence of the ruling parties. How many engineers on CE think that Suresh Kalmadi will actually be sent behind bars?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Following the arrest of Kalmadi by the CBI, the disciplinary committee of the Congress has suspended him from the party. He should be jailed for life now.
    Keeping fingers crossed and looking in anticipation for some positive news. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe it's only a move by Congress to project its 'clean' image. It's obvious that Kalmadi wasn't the only one involved - just that he was the face of Commonwealth games. I'm even thinking Congress only wants to use Kalmadi for its own benefit. Poor Kalmadi!

PS: I urge people from Pune not to buy Petrol from Kalmadi's petrol pumps.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gordon - the supercomputer has 250 trillion bytes of flash memory and can store loads of data. The purpose of using flash drive is to make the data 100 times...
There's a trend among Indian engineers to opt for an IT (Software) job, not matter to which engineering discipline you graduated in. Well, I admit that I too was one...
India's leading mobile service network operators, Idea Cellular and Spice Telecom have been fined with Rs. 27.65 crore for delay in launch of services in 5 circles. Read detailed news...
I want to design a digital signal processing chip with wireless data transmission transmission/communications, is there a program that i can use to design this chip? or is there a...
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange in an interview with Times now Editor Arnab Goswami conrfirmed that he's being offered large sums of money by Indians to keep the names of swiss...