Just a Query....

Well...I found this to be the correct place for askin' this question.
My Question is regarding a restriction put in this forum that any post must have at least 50 characters in it, Why........?
Can any body help me out..?
In no other forum i found any such restriction and i find it somewhat 'a bad idea'.
Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    anupam_smart
    Well...I found this to be the correct place for askin' this question.
    My Question is regarding a restriction put in this forum that any post must have at least 50 characters in it, Why........?
    Can any body help me out..?
    In no other forum i found any such restriction and i find it somewhat 'a bad idea'.
    Thanks
    Anupam_smart,

Allow me to answer your query. First of all, we do have a limit of 50 characters for any post. That is because -

1. It was observed that many of the posts were simply had no value. We had to force 50 char. limit when CE started getting posts such as "Hi!!!!!" , "I like this post!!!".

2. We are not a social networking forum like Orkut, Friendster. Moreover, we are read by Engineers, CEOs, experienced professionals from all over the world. It makes perfect sense to avoid one/two word posts. Moreover, it is expected that each new member goes through the Lectures#1-#4 in our Newbie Training Center. We don't have mega-expectations from CEans 😀

In the end, it makes sense for all of us to make a difference by having a fun loving, professional team of engineers!

I hope you agree with all of us here on CE 😀 Hope to see you around & have a great time with CE.

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    Yepp! I agree with Big K! It is not a bad idea to have 50 character limit. Very good people and a professional approach - that is something which has glued me to this place for so long!

Big K, this question should be posted in newbie training center.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We are a little late, but we just managed this in time - HaPPy Birthday Neha 😁😁! 🎉Party On! Neha has been on CE and she has done a fantastic...
Hi guys. I'm taking the EE PE this coming October. This is the first time I'm taking the exam. If you could share with me some tips, hints, or advice;...
hello everyone...i'm animesh chatterjee....studying in 5th sem electronics & communication engineering in L.N.C.T Bhopal.
hello friends i studing php but could not know the application .any body tell how to use php in web programming.i want decide devlope the one project tell some project...