Jolla Smartphone Price In India, Specs & Features - All You Want To Know

As promised and well within time, the Finnish company Jolla Ltd. founded by ex-Nokia employees has launched the Jolla smartphone in India on Snapdeal.com, the e-commerce portal that's bringing smartphones to Indian customers exclusively over the last few months, closely following Flipkart. Running on the open source Sailfish OS, the Jolla smartphone's price in India is Rs. 16,499. While the smartphone has already gone on sale at Snapdeal, the company has promised that the first 90 customers will receive a VIP Box for free. The VIP Box contains NFC Enabled 'The First One' Cases worth Rs. 7000. Now let us head over to Jolla's tech specs section to find out what you get for shelling 15k+ on the smartphone.

jolla_poppy_red_017_grid

Starting with Sailfish OS - the operating system comes with a gesture-based user interface and lets the user load the phone with all their favorite Android apps. With natural movements such as swipe right & left, peek and pull, users can control the Jolla smartphone with just one hand and also use live multi-tasking features. The phone's design features all-screen look with no front-facing buttons. A 4.5 inch qHD screen with a display resolution of 960 x 450 pixels comes with 5 point multi touch and is made safe with Corning Gorilla Glass. Under the hood, the phone packs 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory with microSD card support. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon Dual Core 1.4GHz processor, it seems like the Jolla smartphone has a lot to catch up to when it comes to offering killer specifications at lower price in India.

The 'we are unlike' brand has featured an 8 megapixel AF camera with LED flash on the rear of the phone and there's a 2 megapixel front-facing camera too. Inside the 141 g body of the smartphone, a 2100 mAh replaceable battery gives Jolla users a talk time of 9-10 hours. On the network and connectivity front, Jolla smartphone offers support for GSM, WCDMA, 4G LTE, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n ,Bluetooth 4.0, AGPS & GLONASS, USB 2.0, a 3.5mm 4-pin audio jack and Micro SIM port.

jolla-app-grid-fixed

With that we cover the basic tech specs of the new Sailfish OS running smartphone and move on to other features highlighted by the company. The phone is available in three back cover with Poppy Red, Keira Black and Aloe options popularly known as 'The Other Half'.

What do you think about the phone's specs, price and overall design? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Finally....

I would say it is a fresh breath for Indians who are so bored of 'me too' androids and Windows phones. Yes, media instilled in us the belief that "specs" are the only thing that means quality and usefulness. I am sure whoever try Jolla might disagree - especially since Sailfish OS is related to super power efficient Symbian (RIP).

4.5" seems to be a pretty decent size for a phone, in my opinion. But I am sure some of the first questions about this phone will be

"Candy crush runs?"
    "Whatsapp?"
    "Can I download youtube videos? torrent?"

Sigh...!
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    It's a new beginning-

• lal
    lal
    And the answer to all those questions is a BIG YES!

When a community comes forward to support and develop, even the toughest task feels as light as a feather. But, it is true that the developers' community from around the world did expect a little more from Jolla as an open phone!

And, this is when you realise, no darn filthy high spec hardware is actually needed to make a phone actually work smooth (dear droids!) in your hands and do all the stuff (may be a little more than that) with ease, ease and ease!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Phone looks awesome and specs look decent but not impressive when compared to other phones of same price range!!!
    But Sailfish???? Want to have a special review on Os
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    An impressive beginning with Sailfish OS.

However I couldn't agree more with Ankita,
    it seems like the Jolla smartphone has a lot to catch up to when it comes to offering killer specifications at lower price in India.
    I wish they could mark a lesser price for the initial few phones to establish themselves in market.
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Looks like xperia😏 and gives rich look!!!😎 but the specifications makes the customer into dea👎l.Asus,moto,etc itz worth by comparing its cost and speciafiacations👍.Can you explain me about sailfish os #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Looks like xperia😏 and gives rich look!!!😎 but the specifications makes the customer into dea👎l.Asus,moto,etc itz worth by comparing its cost and speciafiacations👍.Can you explain me about sailfish os [/USER]
    Yes, the other android phones has got better hardware specification, and cheaper.

I would think Sailfish as hybrid cars in the world of petrol / diesel cars. You might want to read why Sailfish here:-

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is microwave heating economical in processing a batch of around 5000 kg batch.??? i read that microwave heating ll be very efficient in mono-sulfonation of naphthalene...ll it be industrially economical.....
A year ago, when i was in college, almost every branch were having certification course like SAP, autoCAD, MATLAB, embedded system etc, organised by training cell of our college which...
The Indian Space Research Organisation aka ISRO created history this morning in the deep space, when most of you were in deep sleep. At 4.17 AM today, the Mars spacecraft...
Infosys' new CEO, Mr. Vishal Sikka understands the basic needs of humans: Facebook, Twitter, Food, Shelter, Clothing and maybe a cubicle. In order to bring a positive change to company's...
This 4chan thread is going viral: https://archive.today/uO2U1 It talks about how Indians are bad in programming, internet etiquette etc. It also raises discussions that Indians posting on Stack Overflow etc...