Jobs in IT with less percentage

I have scored 72% in 10th (2009), 56% in 12th (2012) with 1 year gap b/w 10th and 12th and scored 63% in BTECH Cse (2017) WITH GAP OF ONE YEAR.

Also having a good Knowledge of Java, Advance Java, SQL, Data Base and Data Structure 

Do I get jobs in IT SECTOR AFTER HAVING THE ABOVE PERCENTILE CRITERIA in academics?

If yes then where should I apply??

If not then what should I do ??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Sahil, welcome to CrazyEngineers. Jobs aren't typically awarded based on the academic performance. They are offered based on Skills. The academic performance only matters at the time of recruitment. This means that typical big IT companies may not recruit candidates that don't satisfy their academic performance criteria; but there are tens of thousands of smaller companies that will be willing to offer you a job based on the overall skills and expertise that you possess. 

Choose the companies wisely; and don't just rely on the topics taught to you in college. The industry demands experts - and you need to demonstrate your expertise in some skill. 

For example, if you wish to work in Java domain; you can't apply to any company by being an average Java coder and expect them to give you a chance. In order to maximise your chances of getting selected; you need to demonstrate above average expertise in Java. 

How do you do that? 

It's simple. Start working on your own projects and publish them on Github. Build repository with about 4-5 complex projects that can impress the recruiters. Then simply mail the small company owners ( you can contact them via LinkedIn, or directly in-person) and ask them to give you a chance. 

I hope this gives you some direction. 

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar

This means that typical big IT companies may not recruit candidates that don't satisfy their academic performance criteria; but there are tens of thousands of smaller companies that will be willing to offer you a job based on the overall skills and expertise that you possess.                      

Let me rephrase this.  

"Typical big IT companies may not recruit candidates that don't satisfy their academic performance criteria but there tons of startups and way better than typical IT companies would be ready to give the job to a fresher with abilities*1"

*1 Abilities, companies looks in a fresher:  Adaptive, quick learner and very good in algorithm. They look for candidate who can have different approach to problem not just book gyan. 
    When a Typical IT companies hires you you will never be sure what you are going to work. Where as startups and product based hire you for with well defined roles. They generally don't for mass hiring to train graduates and then pool out in different department. 

What is best for current fresher: Work hard and earn a certificate in your choice of field of choice. Strongly suggest not to focus on just Known IT companies but look for startup and other companies. For programmer seekers, create an account on hackerrank or similar website and start practicing. This will make sure you will ready for written exams. Get exposure of cloud technologies, all cloud platform give you a free trial account, fiddle around and see what is next thing in programming world.  

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir,I am Civil engineering Student & My field of interest is project management,environment engineering &Foundation engineering so please suggest me a subject and topic for project...& one of the important...
hi ...im computer engineer student ,my graduation project about home security .The idea is to make a webcam recognize the stuff that gets into the house from people or even...
Design News says: For those just beginning to understand blockchain technology it may seem that its that same thing cryptocurrency, particularly Bitcoin. What's lesser understood is that blockchain is not...
java language mostly used for IT industry pefer the java language based on security 
I have no idea about this site any help would be much appreciated.