Job or Higher study?

Hi I am Sriram.I have just completed my BE electronics and communication 2010 passed out.I am planning for higher study in fall 2011 and am preparing for GRE.Actually this sept 2011 i have taken GRE but result was so awkward.so gonna take again on november 16.Meanwhile my friends advised that to get into the job before higher study.And am also not sure about my next GRE exam,in the sense i am not preparing well enough to face the exam.I am in great dilemma whether to take exam or get into a job and postpone the exam?....Please suggest me an idea please....Whether to get a job or to try GRE again.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Sriram: Hi. And welcome to CE.

Many engineers like you are always in dilemma. Try to ask yourself as to what interests you more right now.
    Is it necessary for you to take up the job?
    If you are applying for M.S. , what are the subjects you are taking? Do you REALLY want to pursue that subject as a career in future?
    Or are you applying for GRE only to visit a foreign land?

Answer those questions in your mind and you will get the answer.

PS: Don't get under peer pressure. Don't choose something because your friends told you to do it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Srirampmv
    Hi I am Sriram.I have just completed my BE electronics and communication 2010 passed out.I am planning for higher study in fall 2011 and am preparing for GRE.Actually this sept 2011 i have taken GRE but result was so awkward.so gonna take again on november 16.Meanwhile my friends advised that to get into the job before higher study.And am also not sure about my next GRE exam,in the sense i am not preparing well enough to face the exam.I am in great dilemma whether to take exam or get into a job and postpone the exam?....Please suggest me an idea please....Whether to get a job or to try GRE again.
    Job experience less than two years won't really count. If you are committed to GRE, Now that November 16 is just few days away, why are you thinking about jobs? Give it a full go and don't even think about anything else. Post 16 November, you'll have a clear idea of what you're going to do next. If your score is good, you may decide on taking up a job for few days or just chill-off until your study session starts. If not, you always have the option to look for job and keep studying for the GRE.

Does this help?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, Click this link! I saw it in todays Times of India 'Universal' robotic hand runs on coffee and party balloons!
The NOIDA based Lava mobile is heavily advertising the A9 Model on Indian Television. Let's take a look at this phone an find out whether the phone is worth the...
Lava mobiles has launched it's latest ARCO3N mobile in India. Let's take a sneak preview at the features of the phone:- * 1.8" TFT Screen, 65k colours (128*160) * Wireless...
The much awaited Mobile Number Portability Will finally go live in India on November 01, 2010, Union Minister A Raja has confirmed. Speaking on the sidelines of BSNL awards ceremony,...
Wishing CEan View Profile: godfather - CrazyEngineers Forum A Very Happy Birthday! Where's the party tonight? 😁😁😁