Job oppurtunities in Electrical sector for fresher

Greetings everyone!
It'll be long post, please kindly bear with me!
Myself Hemanth, A 2013, Electrical engineering pass out from Shimoga,A tier 3 city in karnataka.
Just after my completion of engineering I'm on a job hunt, but the present scenario is just suffocating for a fresher like me.
Why?
Because, most of the jobs on offer are either related to IT,programming or customer support jobs.
Which like a entire change over for a electrical stream student.
But there are no openings in electrical industries for freshers & most of the small to medium scale industries fills in their vacancy by searching their own circle.
Thus even finding an opening is small/medium scale industry has become a nightmare for a student with out any contacts in Industry. Not only in my case, most of the students aspiring to work in core sectors are facing the same problems. Being a student from a small city competing for a job, demands a lot in the real world scenario!
Wasn't there any campus recruitment at your college?

yes there were many companies visiting our college, As it's the factor which influences a 10+2 student while selecting the college.
The list given out by our college barely matches the number of colleges visiting in reality,
This year many companies came to our college & nearly 120 students were placed in our college,
but most of them never got their call letter as the companies are still keeping them as a provisional candidate, but instead what they got was their photos in college year book & banner out side of the college as placed student! For a college finally the number is what that matters.

So,What about you?
Well, I was also placed in a company which manufacturers alternators & turbines, that with a very good package, but only after clearing 2 days worth of selection procedure.
What happened next is the interesting twist in story, after getting selected as a provisional candidate,The company sacked all the electrical students who were placed because their requirements were met.
so after getting photos clicked, sweets given, parties done all went for nothing!
Ever felt cheated before?
they say that the world is like that only!
Finally, whats your question?
Here comes the climax of my first post, After all these i just don't want join any IT related industries nor any customer support industry.
I just want to do what i learned for 4 years, i.e; to be an electrical engineer.
It may be any field, machines, switch gears, drives, servicing,commission & testing, support, Any thing in my field is a welcome for me, so as the salary, let it be low paying job. I'm sure in can grow in it eventually.
But right at this point ain't getting no opening no where, So fellow members please guide me a way!
Just awaiting a replay from you guys.
Regards

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Thank you for sharing your experience here with us. It's very sad that the colleges are only after showing the numbers so that they can attract more candidates for the upcoming batch. I think the story is the same everywhere, in most of the engineering colleges in India.

The industry situation today is very similar to what we had in 2003, when I graduated, except that even the IT companies were not recruiting. But there's no point in being disheartened.

You should ensure that your knowledge of the engineering topics is up to date and keep your hunt on. It won't hurt to get a job in any small company that is willing to recruit you for your knowledge. If that happens, you can always keep looking for newer jobs.

Other, 'trendy' way is to go for PG studies; but if that's not what you want to do, the only option is to keep looking for jobs. Make sure that you're registered on all the leading job portals.
  • mail154
    mail154
    Salute for your attitude on working on your own field rather than be a IT Professional and even with a low salary. 👍 Don't Worry There Are Opportunities in all sectors. Infact the People were choosing IT for salary after studying electrical or electronics.
    Try and Increase Your Knowledge and there would be a good future ahead for you in your field 😀 All the Very Best.
  • Hemanth kumar H
    Hemanth kumar H
    Thank you for your replay, in the mean time I've relocated to Bangalore, well the situation out there for a non IT background student is utterly hopeless & demotivating, you'll be offered all types of jobs ranging from a BPO/KPO to store managers. I'm thinking of doing electrical CAD course along with MS projects in a CADD center, will it help in shaping up my career & finding a job? please help
  • Danish07
    Danish07
    Does any one know about cmc enterprises Chandigarh a institute of industrial traning of tata group?
    Please share ur reviews about it?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In June, HEVC/H.265 Standard was officially released which was approved in Early 2013,January.The HEVC abbreviated as High Efficiency Video Codec is capable to cover larger screen resolutions with 8K pixels...
As Ubuntu Operating system will be using it's custom Mir display server from Saucy Salamander 13.10 onwards, many projects has been leaded to port their application for Mir display from...
I have tried soo many custom ROMs for my Android Samsung Y 5360-GT and one thing I have noted that Google+ never runs in custom ROMs, because the supporting application...
I am doing Engineering in MIT-COE,Pune in EnTc..the topic is from the last week i am totally disturbed regarding my career the reasons are job & college ..i feel like...
Recently General Motors have recalled 1.14 units of chevrolet tavera through 280 dealers to check emission norms incorporated by Indian government.GM has announced that it will be done for free...