Job, M.E or M.Tech? Confused!

i am currently pursuing my third year in b.e electronics and communication engineering. My passion is to work in a core firm.(preferably vlsi, embedded) . Is it good for me to look for jobs after b.e or should i pursue m.e or m.tech??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you don't know the destination, it doesn't matter which road you travel. Job, M.E or M.Tech are the roads that will take you to a destination. You need to find out solid reasons to pursue any of your choice. No one here can predict what's going to be good for you. You need to find out the answer by -

1. First deciding on your career goals.
    2. Find out what's the best way to achieve that goal and which of the paths will take you to it in shortest possible time.

For most people who ask similar question; the aim is simple "A good, high-paying job in a big company". Now that's a very superficial goal because it does NOT give any idea for example:-
    • How much exactly is 'high paying'? It differs for everyone.
    • What kind of company would you like to work for? Your answer seems pretty clear here - the company that works in the electronics domain.
    • What kind of job? : Needs to be defined.
    • What's the typical profile of the person that, according to you, has the job you aim to have for yourself? How did they do it?
    ...and so on. The crux of the matter is - first bring in clarity into the goal so that you can decide on the path.
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you don't know the destination, it doesn't matter which road you travel. Job, M.E or M.Tech are the roads that will take you to a destination. You need to find out solid reasons to pursue any of your choice. No one here can predict what's going to be good for you. You need to find out the answer by -

1. First deciding on your career goals.
    2. Find out what's the best way to achieve that goal and which of the paths will take you to it in shortest possible time.

For most people who ask similar question; the aim is simple "A good, high-paying job in a big company". Now that's a very superficial goal because it does NOT give any idea for example:-
    • How much exactly is 'high paying'? It differs for everyone.
    • What kind of company would you like to work for? Your answer seems pretty clear here - the company that works in the electronics domain.
    • What kind of job? : Needs to be defined.
    • What's the typical profile of the person that, according to you, has the job you aim to have for yourself? How did they do it?
    ...and so on. The crux of the matter is - first bring in clarity into the goal so that you can decide on the path.
    i prefer to work in the R&D, at present i am not that much focused towards the initial salary, as i believe that my work efficiency decides my pay.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raja_karthick
    i prefer to work in the R&D, at present i am not that much focused towards the initial salary, as i believe that my work efficiency decides my pay.
    Looks like you didn't get the point. I'd recommend going for a job.
  • raja_karthick
    raja_karthick
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like you didn't get the point. I'd recommend going for a job.
    thank you 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The objective of this algorithm is to simplify and reduce traffic issues at major busy intersections by proposing a solution which is influenced by the...
I want to download some ppts from google drive. Problem is that I want to download it as powerpoint presentation and not as HTML web page. Any solution? https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxfQqBdt-h66N3V4bVp2Q2VsLXc&usp=sharing
I am looking for the means to a new substance that I can apply to a spring. I feel it is connected to carbon nanotubes. I believe I have found...
Hey Ankita, Greetings, Can u please share the model paper for IES Mechanical. Would be glad if you can help me with the examination pattern. Thanks in advance.
rupam das sir, i m in 2 nd year btech comp and we have a subject design engg in which we have to design a new product over 3 year...