Job after B.tech

I've done B.tech in Electrical & Electronics from a small unreputed college and only software companies come for recruitment. I want to know that which sector job will give me more salary software or core sector?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Your salary will be decided by several factors and the question can't be answered directly. However for a fresh graduate, the salary, as far as I know, is a function of which company you join. I believe the gap between the salaries offered by IT & other industry is bridging. I'm strictly against choosing career based on salary expectations. It may look like a sane option at start, but in the long run, you'll end up being average or below-average.

If your interest lies in Electronics - go for a job in a company that offers it. If software is your interest - go for IT job. But don't let the salary decide it. First step is crucial one and you can't afford to go wrong at it. You can command any salary provided you are 'indispensable' to the company. But for that you've to work in the field of your choice and interest.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is it a myth or reality to construct eco friendly, economical buildings with sustainable construction practice. Should strength be the criteria or durability. Kindly inform the best practices adopted elsewhere.
Hi all, I'm experiencing a difficulty understanding how the trapezoidal loads are distributed and how to shear moment diagrams are drawn for structural members subjected to trapezoidal loading. For example...
hello guy's I want to know the current chat server address of facebook.I ping for facebook.com and found "chat.facebook.com" and the port no is 5222 but seems like it's not...
Hey CEans I know that life's kind of busy, But do try and take time to relax... Coz being an Engineer ain't easy, As the world's moving without a pause......
The mind is a battlefield of good and evil. There are many things in life that seem out of place. Many a times, we find life falling apart all of...