1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

JioMart Vs. Amazon Vs. Flipkart - Who'll Win?

Question asked by Kaustubh Katdare in #Coffee Room #Startups & Business on Apr 29, 2020
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Apr 29, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

JioMart is going live and it seems like within days of its private, limited launch it's onboarded about 6000 kirana shops. 

Jio's entry into the ecommerce should not be taken lightly. They have a known strategy - enter late into the markets, only after doing full homework. Then they destroy the competition with their money and network. 

The way JioMart operates is quite interesting. They're making use of WhatsApp to onboard new customers. So far, I've learned that users need to add their phone number: 88500 08000 to the contact list and then send a simple "Hi" via WhatsApp. Users then receive a special link which remains active for about 30 minutes. 

The JioMart is not available in my area now but it's expected that they'll launch all over India by the end of 2020. 

Jio's plan is to make use of the Kirana stores located all over the nook and corners instead of building a new chain. That I think will give JioMart an edge over Flipkart and Amazon.

Also, Jio seems to be after well funded startups like KhataBook and OkCredit. If Jio handles all the accounting for the Kirana Shop owners, they're going to put these startups out of business. 

What are your thoughts on JioMart?    

Posted in: #Coffee Room #Startups & Business

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up