JAVA programming language

hi everyone , im new member. nice to meet u all.
i want to write a simple program to mobile in JAVA, but i dont know from where i have to start?? and i know how to write java programs but for pc,
so i need ur helps?
1.what i have to know before start writing a program to mobile like nokia?
2.what i need to install as a software for writing program?

Thanks

Replies

• vinci
    vinci
    I dont know much but dear you should read bout J2ME books and articles over internet.Its all about mobile development .and you just need to download SDK(software Development Kit) of nokia or android and install in your pc to manage programs.After that,with the help of these sdk ,you may be able to submit apps to respective companies for validation
  • Rezan
    Rezan
    ah ok i got it, but i want to write a simple application for myself like self testing how much it is my ability, so still need a company for activating it ? ๐Ÿ˜
  • vinci
    vinci
    no it doesnt need a company or real device at all.the sdk i mentioned here provides a virtual simulator for testing your apps.I am too doing the same thats why i know this thing
    by the way are you developing android apps?
  • Rezan
    Rezan
    how ! ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜” i wish i could develop android app. , no its only for myself becoz really i want to develop myself
  • vinci
    vinci
    Se using android videos, i am beginning the same thing you want to initiate .This will take time to learn i know but be patience while learning .also do visit developer.android.com for more help in this regards.there you can get more help for the topic concerning about .
  • global20
    global20
    hi!
    if you want to write a program for Nokia in java programming language and you have no experience then you must contact to java software engineer who have minimum 2+ years of experience in java and search some related information from Google.
  • Rezan
    Rezan
    i got it dear , ok i try to follow ur advices , thank u all alot ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
  • osvaldo5walters
    osvaldo5walters
    I guess may be you need the NOKIA SDK! Download it. Many people are #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    I think NetBeans could be much of a helpful tool.
  • vinci
    vinci
    See my friend, as per my view , netbeans is used to just for developing java programs and not for mobile application.you need prefer Eclipse in this regards. I am too using the same specifically for android.Just need to download eclipse android plugin and android sdk . Eclipse is easy to work upon
  • The_Small_k
    The_Small_k
    Looks like you want to start writing programs for mobile application.
    Well if you are using netbeans(It comes with an emulator) you just need to install SDK.
    Here is your first hello world program....
    package hello;
    import javax.microedition.lcdui.*;
    import javax.microedition.midlet.*;
    public class Mohit extends MIDlet
    {
        Form form;
        Display display;
        public void startApp()
        {
            form=new Form("My First Mobile Application");
            form.append("My Company Name Is Morningdot");
            display=Display.getDisplay(this);
            display.setCurrent(form);
        }
        public void pauseApp()
        {

}
        public void destroyApp(boolean b)
        {

}
    }
    run it.
    You can find jar file in your dist folder.You can use that jar file as your mobile application.
  • vinci
    vinci
    thanks for the info .I dont know about it as i use eclipse but now i knows it
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    Eclipse is too handy to write java based apps, but when it comes to desktop and java based mobile phones it is better to go with Netbeans as it gives us easy to design GUI.
  • vinci
    vinci
    its because it provides support to android and basic java based mobile application.
  • Jack2011
    Jack2011
    Hi,
    This is Jack2011.You all are satisfied for Java programming . When click for link .#-Link-Snipped-#
  • krishbcs
    krishbcs
    How can i install java in my computer?
  • Reya
    Reya
    Download java 1.6 from #-Link-Snipped-# and install it.

Installation process is given #-Link-Snipped-#
  • krishbcs
    krishbcs
    thanks i installed java as you said.
  • krishbcs
    krishbcs
    Reya
    Download java 1.6 from #-Link-Snipped-# and install it.

Installation process is given #-Link-Snipped-#
    New
    thanks i installed java as you said.โ€‹
  • ramyaIT
    ramyaIT
    hi plz suggest me some innovative projects on java.....
  • vinci
    vinci
    try website using jsp. static or dynamic. its easy to initiate . useyou-tube videos

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have total 100 rs and we need to buy exactly 100 pens. The prizelist for pens is as follow: 1) Blue pen = 0.5 rs 2) Black pen =...
Hi all, I found following two questions in a book; the solutions has confused me. Pleas help with the correct approach: 1.a steel rod 20 mm dia is passed through...
CEans, I decided to give you a quick overview of things happening behind the scenes here on CE; what's keeping us busy and what's in store over the coming few...
Thanks to All CEans FOR your Support! How it had all started! It was only yesterday that I got a dream, a dream which enlightened my thoughts of doing something...
hi friends. i got seat in MTECH EMBEDDED SYSTEMS in hyderabad. but i'm having a hearing problem. i really want to do this.but sometimes i am worried if it is...