java oracle connectivity

hi friends did anybody know java with oracle connectivity.. please help.. did i need to change any modification in control panel for java oracle connectivity like other connectivity
please give full details

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Hi keerthi22,

As far as I know, you need to import ojdbc14.jar into your java application and then using JDBC, you can directly connect to Oracle Database.

STEP 1: Download ojdbc14.jar file from #-Link-Snipped-#

STEP 2: Add ojdbc14.jar to the build path of you project.

STEP 3: Create a Java Program JDBCConnectDemo.java like following

[​IMG]

STEP 4: Output like following will be shown when above program will be run

[​IMG]

In above program,
    URL= Connection String including HOSTNAME, PORT NO, SID.
    DRIVER = Name of the driver used.

Note: In above case OracleDriver is used. You can connect to any other driver also in similar way.
    Username = username used to connect to the database
    Password = password used to connect to the database

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Browser speed wars are getting tense and the user is benefiting! What a great news. Opera Software just released a video showing how fast their browser is - Look :...
hi friend's currently i am using window xp sp2 and last time when i surfing on net it will show this error and after some time my net connection get...
networks what is Remote monitoring? how it is useful in networks ?
CEans, CE's goal is to bring engineers from various parts of the world, with various backgrounds on one common platform and we are taking one step ahead in this direction....
Following are the posts we published on our official blog, VoiCE during the past week. Make sure you didn't miss out on any. We look forward to your comments and...